"Talk to me"

I wake up and see the sun streaming into my room.

I throw my hand to the side to turn off my beeping alarm clock. Today's going to be another very long day. I grab my phone from my bedside table.

1 New message from Becca.

"hey can you drive me to boot camp today? My car is getting fixed up"

I sigh. I forgot boot camp was today.

I reply to Becca.

"Sure thing, pick you up in an hour"

I swing my legs over the side of my bed, rub my eyes and look around the room to find something to wear. I see my high waisted shorts and white singlet on my computer chair.

"high waisted shorts it is then" I say to myself

"ELLA BREAKFAST!!" Mum shouts from downstairs

I don't want to eat. I don't even want to go today. Not when he's going to be there.

I've been thinking about it ever since the audition. I drove home crying that day. I don't know why but I did. Since then I've been thinking about ways to avoid him, but no matter how hard I try, it just won't work.

And I need this job. I need it so bad. I can't let the thought of him get to me.

I fix my hair and let it sit on the top of my head as a bun. i brush my teeth and put on very little make up, i chuck on my high waisted shorts, singlet, slip on my white converse and head downstairs.

"So what would you like for breakfast Ella?" Mum says

"Um I think I might just go to Starbucks and pick up a coffee"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I have to pick up Becca anyways"

Mum comes to me and gives me a hug.

"It'll be ok Ella"

"Thanks mum"

My mum knows, she knows about it all, of course she does, she's my mum.

My handbag that has my phone, wallet and camera sits on the bench. I grab it and say goodbye to my mum.

When I start driving I realise I have half an hour before I have to pick up Becca, I don't go to Starbucks, I'm not hungry, instead I find myself driving to the beach, and before I know it I'm at the swing set where I met Wes. I sit in the car for a good ten minutes just looking at it before I actually get out of the car and sit on it.

I pace around it a couple of times before I sit down. When I sit down everything comes back and hits me in the gut. I decide to just leave. It's best if im not there.

I turn up the radio. To my luck they are talking about the X factor.

"yes so today all the X factor contestants are going to bootcamp! There are some really great singers competing this year, we have that 13 year old girl Carly Rose Sonenclar, she looks like a future star, oh how about that group of boys emblem3? Demi seemed pretty giddy over them they--"

I turn off the radio and drive in silence. I feel tears forming in my eyes but I wipe them away before they fall.

I takes me ten minutes before I arrive at Becca's house. I beep the horn 3 times to tell her I'm here, 30 seconds later she is running out the door with her handbag in one hand and a piece of toast in the other.

"Hey Becca" I say

"Hey Ella!! Thanks so much for picking me up !!" She says

"No problem, you ready to take pictures?" I ask as I back out of her drive way.