"Prom?"

Text message from Wesley Stromberg: "My heart is like a split divide, half of it beats for me and the other half beats for you"

Last night when the boys were jamming out to songs I may have confessed that I was in love with their song riptide. So all today Wes has decided to send me lyrics from the song. I'm sitting in chemistry smiling like an idiot at his last text.

"Ella. Ella! What are you smiling about?" My teacher demands.

Oh nothing sir, just really cute text messages my boyfriend sent to me. If I said that, that would only land me a detention everyday after school for the next week.

"Oh nothing sir, I was just thinking about a joke about the periodic table my friend told me this morning, carry on"

Wes really needs to stop before he gets me into serious trouble.

The bell rings signalling the end of the day and I practically run out of class. I really just want to get home and take pictures. I pass Katie on my way out and she looks kinda down. I wrap my arm round her shoulder and pull her closer to my side.

"What's up kiddo?!"

She fake laughs "nothing much"

"Why you so down?"

"It's nothing"

I stop her walking and make her face me. "Now you know that doesn't work on me, what's going on"

"Well," she starts and begins walking again "Say if you liked a guy, and say maybe he liked you back and you guys would talk a lot and flirt, would you say that they have a thing?"

"Well yeah, but I really don't get why this is a big deal"

"Well there's this guy, and I really thought we had something going on but turns out he's asking out another girl to prom" she says frowning

"Do I know them?"

Katie has a smile for a split second then it fades "yeah"

I saw that smile though and I know what caused it.

"This guy, it's Keaton isn't it"

Katie slowly nods.

"How do you know his asking a girl to prom?"

"He tweeted 20 minutes ago saying 'bout to ask this rad girl out to prom' "

"Oh now I remember, he said last night he was going to"

Katie frowns.

"It's ok Katie, there are plenty of other guys out there for you"

"Not like him, he was real, and different" she mumbles. I don't even think she even meant for me to hear it. But I did and decided it was best not to comment on it.

When we get outside there is a massive crowd in the carpark. Girls screaming, not the I'm scared screaming, more like OMG HOT BOY screaming.

"What's going on here?" I say

"No idea" Katie says

"C'mon lets get to the front"

Katie and I push and shove our way to the front. After what seems like hours we finally make it an I'm seriously not expecting what I see.

"Wes?! Drew?! Keaton?!"

"Ahh there they are" Drew says

"What are you---"

"So hi guys we're Emblem3, and we leave to go to X factor in about 2 weeks, but before we do we thought we'd do a couple of little gigs, and we chose to do one here!" Wes says causing a lot of girls to jump up and down and scream.