Connected

So I had this weird idea the other day and I have no idea where it came from. So, Astrid and Hiccup became psychically connected when they got betrothed and Hiccup is trying to fulfill his chiefly duties and Astrid is at home sending him psychic messages and distracting him. Set after Httyd 2. Thought it would make for a funny Oneshot.

Need some requests people!!!

***

"Okay, so let's talk repairs for the armory," Hiccup announced to the Berk council.

*Hey, Hiccup. How's work?*

Astrid had been out training with Stormfly all morning and was now laid in bed, staring at the ceiling just waiting for Hiccup to come home.

"Might I suggest, we use a stone foundation in place of the wooden ones?" Gobber suggested. "And reinforce the sides with wood timbers..."

*I'm in a council meeting. I'll be home as soon as I can.* The sound of Gobber's voice faded for a moment while Hiccup responded to his girlfriend.

*Is mom there?* Astrid wondered.

Hiccup glanced over at the blonde across the table as Gobber continued to mumble in the background, soon joined by Spitelout.

*Yes, she's here.*

*Tell her I said hi.*

*I can't tell her you said hi. Nobody knows about this remember.* Hiccup reminded, rolling his eyes.

*Right.*

"Hiccup?" Valka shook her son out of his thought, or should I say Astrid's thoughts and he finally realized he hadn't heard a word anyone had said for the last five minutes.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Gobber, great ideas about the armory. Let's stick with the tall double doorway and add a little more square footage." He suggested.

"Good idea, chief." Sven agreed as Hiccup dismissed the council. The second Hiccup set foot outside the great hall, Snotlout raced over.

"Hiccup, the twins... not me, it was definitely the twins... may or may not have blown up the arena." He explained. The chief let out a frustrated growl before mounting his dragon and racing to the academy.

*I just saw mom walk past. Meeting over already?* Astrid wondered.

*Yeah, I'm now on my way to yell at the twins. Apparently blowing up the academy just couldn't wait.*

*Need me to come and break something?* Hiccup could practically hear her chuckling.

*Astrid, I'm not gonna let you break the twins.* He rolled his eyes playfully.

*Buzzkill.*

*Astrid...* She could feel his glare burning through her from a distance.

*Okay, I just miss you.*

*I miss you too. I promise I'll be home as soon as I can.* Hiccup assured her.

"Ruff, Tuff!" He growled as he landed in the arena. "We're supposed to be fixing Berk up not tearing it down and causing more damage to repair. I don't have time to be cleaning up your mess." He told them.

"Hey, it's Snotlout's mess too!" Tuffnut defended.

"Yeah, he was just as much a part of this as we were," Ruffnut added.

"I mean it was Hookfang's gel that caused the explosion. So technically it's more his fault than ours."

"Tuffnut! How many times do I have to tell you, that monstrous nightmare gel is not a toy?!"

"So, do you need me to beat anyone up yet?" Astrid smirked as her hand flew out to the side to pet her dragon. Hiccup closed his eyes to focus.

*I think I can handle it, thank you.*

"Uh, Hiccup. Turn around..." She chuckled as he spun to see her standing by the gate of the arena.

"Astrid, what are you doing here? I thought you were taking the day off?" Hiccup wondered.

"I was... I got bored." She admitted.

"Why don't you go for a flight?" He asked as his arms snaked around her.

"I did." She told him. "I also organized your notebooks and tidied your den and organized your notebooks again and planned a dinner with our moms next week and gave Stormfly a bath in the cove and wrote a letter to Heather and one to Dagur and Mala and even one to Atali and the wingmaidens. I forgot how many hours there were in the day..."

"Well, that's because you wake up at the crack of dawn and don't sleep until the moon is at its apex." He explained, pulling her close. "And you're too fast. Take your time. Don't rush through everything."

*Why not? You do?*

*That's because the quicker I finish my duties, the quicker I get to come home to you and save you from this torturous boredom.*

Astrid chuckled, earning strange looks from their friends. Hiccup shook himself back to reality.

"I just have a couple more things to do. I'll meet you at the cove, okay?"

"Okay..." She pouted adorably before smirking mischievously in his direction. *I guess I'll just go take a bath.* "Take your time." She turned to leave.

Hiccup froze as his cheeks started to burn, fading to a crimson red. No way would he be able to concentrate now. Not with Astrid stuck in his head... literally and figuratively.

"Snotlout, Ruff, Tuff. Clean this mess up! I'm taking the afternoon off." He announced before racing to catch up with Astrid. Astrid chuckled as he darted past her and mounted his dragon. She cracked her knuckles, feeling rather proud of herself.

*Works every time.*

***