Reunion

Set shortly after the events of homecoming.

***

"Chief!" Gustav called to Hiccup.

"Gustav? What is it?"

"There's a ship headed straight for the docks. "You might wanna take a look at this."

Astrid, who was stood by her husbands side, with her son in her arms, moved quickly, grasping his spy glass and taking a look.

"Is that-"

"That's the Berserker Crest." Zephyr interrupted. Her parents glanced down at her with her own spy glass, with a confused look. "I saw it in one of dads notebooks. Hiccup and Astrid looked up at one another.

"Heather."

***

The Haddocks raced down to the docks as the ship approached and a raven haired teen hopped onto the wooden deck.

"Heather!" Astrid shrieked in excitement.

"Astrid!" The Berserker chief returned her enthusiasm with a bone crushing hug.

"What are you doing here?!" The blonde wondered.

"Well, we needed a break from chiefing for a while and I missed you guys." She admitted as Hiccup finally caught up with his children. Nuffink raced to his mother, requesting to be picked up.

Heather almost cried at the sight as Astrid scooped him in her arms.

"Chief." Heather nodded in Hiccups direction.

"Right back at ya." He responded.

"Honey, can I get a hand?" A voice came from the ship. Heather turned to her husband and raced to take the baby from his arms so he could lift his son off the ship. Now it was Astrid and Hiccups turn to fight the tears.

"Okay, I believe introductions are in order." Hiccup noted.

"Right, Astrid, Hiccup. This is my husband Matteo. And this is Orion." She gestured to the young boy clinging to her leg. "And River."

"Nice to meet you." Hiccup gestured. "This is Zephyr, and Nuffink." The young blonde buried his face into his mothers shoulder.

"It's okay." Astrid assured. "It's just Aunt Heather."

"The same Heather that stole Stormfly and the book of dragons and led you to the outcasts?" Zephyr wondered.

"Okay, we need to talk about you reading my notebooks, little missy." Hiccup frowned.

***

An hour passed and Gobber had been left in charge while the Haddocks and the Oswald's made their way to the beach.

"So, how've you been?" Hiccup wondered. "Since Windshear?"

"It's been an adjustment period." She admitted. "We had to stabilize the island after the King of Dragons left."

"Wow, the King of Dragons." Hiccup thought.

"Seems like a lifetime ago..." Astrid added.

"I really does. But we had to expand when Dagur and Mala moved in." Heather explained. "Without the great protector, their island was destroyed. So the Defenders of the Wing and the Berserkers joined together."

"Oh, no!" Zephyr shrieked. "It's a wild Thunderdrum!" Zephyr, and Orion all threw their hands over their ears and leaped behind a rock, as Nuffink let out a loud howl.

"Yours too, huh?" Matteo asked.

"Actually, until recently Zeph was afraid of dragons. But then Toothless left us a gift on Snoggletog and she fell in love with him." Hiccup mentioned.

"Just like you did."

***