She Used To Be Mine (Part 2)

Part 2 x
***

"Hey, where is she?" Hiccup wondered as Astrid sauntered into the clubhouse. "Uh, her? You?" Astrid couldn't help but chuckle.

"Heather's trying to get her out of the bath." She explained. "I can only imagine how well that's going."

"You do like your bubble baths." Hiccup teased.

"Do I smell yak chops?" Astrid quickly changed the subject.

"You're favorite. I figured it might ease her conscience a little."

As if on cue, young Astrid raced into the clubhouse wearing one of Hiccup's old green tunics as a nightgown as it was the smallest one they could find. It reached all the way down to her ankles and the sleeves completely cloaked her hands, her soaking wet hair draped down to her hips. She was shortly followed by an out-of-breath Heather.

"I smell yak chops!"

Hiccup and Astrid both let out a chuckle. Hiccup handed her an empty plate and gestured to the food cooking in the pit at the very center of the room.

"Help yourself." He smiled. The young blonde looked to her older self awaiting confirmation. Once she had received a reassuring nod, she raced to the table to tuck into dinner.

"Hey, save some for the rest of us!" Her older self warned.

"You okay there, Heather?" Hiccup checked as the raven-haired teen caught her breath.

"Boy, you weren't kidding when you said you were always that fast, huh?" She questioned her blonde friend.

"Nope." She smirked, folding her arms.

"Well, you will be happy to know that you didn't need stitches. I wrapped her shoulder up and it should heal over in a couple of days." Heather explained. "Though I have to warn you, it may leave a scar." She teased, playfully.

"You don't say?" Astrid chuckled.

"So, what do we do now?" Heather wondered.

"Well, she'll have to stay with Astrid until we can figure out how she got here and how to get her back." Hiccup suggested.

"What?! Why me?" Astrid shrieked.

"Well, she can't stay with me." He stated. "And she trusts you... her. You know what I mean."

"Hiccup, you said so yourself, I'm not cut out for this kinda stuff."

"That is actually not what I said."

"I don't even have a fire pit. She would freeze." Astrid attempted. Hiccup opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it, realizing that he really had no comeback for that one.

"Fine. The three of us will stay in my hut."

"Fine." Astrid sighed in defeat.

"What's the problem? She's you."

"Well, maybe I don't like me very much."

"Wait, what?"

"You guys..." Ruffnut whined.

"Little Astrid is hogging all the yak chops!" Her twin brother whimpered.

"I'm not hogging them!" She denied. "I'm saving some for them." She explained. "But if they don't hurry up, there won't be any left."

Hiccup chuckled and rolled his eyes only to halt when he saw the look on Astrid's face.

"Oh, she's not kidding," Astrid warned him.