Maiden of Fury

Thank you to Persony_person for this request x
I switched it up a little and added a little extra to the end but I hope you still like it.

***

"AH! Who? What?-" Hiccup bolted upright as he finally regained consciousness with a suddenness that was both amazing and baffling at the same time.

"It's okay! It's okay!" A female voice sounded beside him. He turned to see a beautiful young female. Blonde hair that shimmered in the glow of the lantern she had placed beside her as she knelt on the cold stone ground. "You're safe."

"Toothless! Where's Toothless?!" He shrieked. The blonde chuckled and gestured over his shoulder.

"He's right behind you." She assured. Hiccup spun to see his dragon playing with a much smaller dragon, that looked an awful lot like him, but white as snow and easier to see in the dark, despite his reflective scales.

"Hey, Bud." He exhaled in relief, petting his Night Fury before taking a look around. "I'm in a cave?" Hiccup muttered.

"Yes, you are." The blonde agreed. "You got caught in the storm and crash-landed on the island. Your dragon's tail was damaged so I brought you here to wait out the storm."

"Oh, um... thank you."

"I'm Astrid." The blonde informed.

"Hiccup." He replied. "Look I need to get back to my island is there anything around here I can use to make a new tail?"

"I'll see what I can do. But, in the meantime, stay here... don't go anywhere."

"Why not?"

"Trust me, that's the last thing you want to do." She warned. "Angel, let's go, boy." Astrid whistled to the young dragon who flew straight onto her back, lifting her in the air.

Hiccup watched in awe as Astrid and Angel flew out of the cave.

***

A week had passed and Hiccup was still working on Toothless's tail. Of course, the entire saddle was charred to bits so he had to start from scratch with very limited supplies. Not that he was complaining very much. Of course, he missed flying but he couldn't deny that he enjoyed the company. Astrid visited daily to bring food and water for both Hiccup and Toothless and would often stay to help wherever she could.

"So, you never told me..." Astrid mentioned. "How did you find a Night Fury? I was led to believe they were extinct."

"They are." He admitted. "All except Toothless. He's the last one left."

"Incredible."

"What about you? And Angel?" He said as the young dragon hissed at him.

"Oh, he's my baby. I take him everywhere. He's not keen on strangers. He was born early and his mother was too weak to care for him. So, my dragon and I sort of took him in until he's strong enough to go out into the world."

"Your dragon?"

"Luna. Light Fury. Young adolescent female... Star-shaped birthmark on her neck."

"So, what about family? Friends?" Hiccup wondered. "Relationships?"

"Nope..." The blonde fibbed. "Just me."

***

The next week, Hiccup and Toothless waited, but Astrid never came. They ventured towards the mouth of the cave where they saw multiple women flying overhead, all wearing the same dragon armor Astrid had been wearing.