Messing with Jorgenson

Set during RTTE season 5

***

Astrid awoke in the early hours of the morning to find herself exposed to a light breeze on her bareback. She rolled over and groaned when she felt Hiccup's side of the bed, completely empty. She fluttered her eyes open to see Hiccup sat at his desk across the room.

"Hiccup..." She mumbled into her pillow.

"Hey, you're awake." He smiled at her. She just frowned in his direction, and Hiccup knew exactly what was coming. She reached her arm up, opening and closing her hand to signal Hiccup to join her.

"It's too early for work." She noted. "Don't you ever just relax and have fun?"

"I am having fun." He explained as he tore off his tunic and tucked into the bed beside her, with a notebook in his clutches. She sat up, pulling the fur blanket up to her neck and nuzzling into his embrace, drawing his warmth.

"I mean real fun. Not work."

"It's not work." He assured. She glared up at him in confusion. "Okay, you can't tell anyone. But, since we arrived at the edge I've been sending Snotlout letters from his future self."

"You have not." She thought.

"Yup." He showed her the letter he was working on.

ᛋᚾᚩᛏᛚᚩᚢᛏ ᛫ ᚪᛏ ᛫ ᛖᛁᚷᚻᛏ ᛫ ᚪᛗ ᛫ ᛏᚩᛞᚪᚣ ᛫ ᛋᚩᛗᛖᚩᚾᛖ ᛫ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᛫ ᛈᚩᛁᛋᚩᚾ ᛫ ᚦᛖ ᛫ ᚣᚪᛣ ᛫ ᚳᚻᚩᛈᛋ ᛬ ᛞᚩ ᛫ ᚾᚩᛏ ᛫ ᛖᚪᛏ ᛫ ᚦᛖ ᛫ ᚣᚪᛣ ᛫ ᚳᚻᚩᛈᛋ ᛬
ᚠᚢᛏᚢᚱᛖ ᛫ ᚣᚩᚢ᛬

"Snotlout, at 8 am today, someone will poison the Yak Chops. Do not eat the Yak Chops. Future you." Astrid read. "No way you're gonna send that." She challenged.

"Watch me." He smirked.

Both teens quickly got dressed and headed towards Snotlout's hut. Hiccup and Astrid were always the first ones awake, shortly followed by Heather. Hiccup slipped the letter through the window and onto Snotlout's nightstand.

"Now, we wait." He chuckled as they entered the clubhouse to find Heather preparing breakfast.

"Mmm, Yak chops. They smell delicious." Astrid giggled.

"Thanks." Heather smiled. "They're almost ready."

"Hope you're hungry." Hiccup whispered.

"Ooo, Yum!" Fishlegs cheered as he rushed into the clubhouse, shortly followed by the twins. Snotlout as usual was the last out of bed.

The riders all started to tuck into breakfast when they heard Snotlout scream from his hut.

"WHAT?!"

Hiccup and Astrid just shared a glance, stifling a laugh.

"Did you two do something?" Heather wondered as she noticed her friends' odd behavior.

"What us?" Hiccup gasped dramatically. "Not at all." Astrid couldn't help but giggle. Snotlout raced into the room in a blind panic. He rushed past the twins, knocking their plates from their hands before doing the same to Fishlegs. He attempted to swipe Heather's dish from the center table but she caught it in time. Astrid didn't even give him the chance to get to her as she spun in her seat, swinging her leg in his path and tackling him to the ground.

"What has gotten into you?!" Fishlegs shrieked.

"THE YAK CHOPS ARE POISONED!" He rasped out.

"You're ridiculous." Hiccup rolled his eyes as Astrid loosened her grip on Jorgenson and sat back beside her auburn-haired boyfriend, tucking back into her breakfast.

"I'm serious!"

"Sure thing, Snotlout." Heather retorted.

"Fine, don't come crying to me when you all die of food poisoning."

"How would we-" Fishlegs started.

"Don't go there," Heather warned.

"Hiccup."

"Astrid?"

Astrid had now finished her Yak chops. Her hand flew across her stomach as she grasped a fistful of her shirt. "I don't feel so good." She whined.

"What?! What is it? What's the matter?" He worried.

"I just..." She paused. "I think..." Astrid's entire body collapsed against Hiccup.

"Astrid?!" He shrieked, sliding onto the floor with her in his lap. "Astrid!"

Heather raced over and dropped to her knees, beside the blonde. She noticed Hiccup's sly smile as he winked at her before regaining character and breathing rapidly.

"She's cold!" Heather noticed. Fishlegs hummed nervously. "Snotlout, we need a blanket and Fishlegs' notes. There might be an antidote."

"I knew it! I knew they were poisoned. Nobody listens to Snotlout." He grumbled.

"Snotlout!" Hiccup and Heather shouted simultaneously.

"Okay okay!" The short, stocky teen raced out of the clubhouse and towards Fishlegs' hut.

"Hey, you okay there, sleepyhead?" Hiccup chuckled, sweeping the bangs from Astrid's face.

"Yeah." She smiled as she got up from the floor and sat back in her seat. "Are there any Yak chops left?"

"Wait, Astrid's not dying?" Fishlegs thought.

"No, Fishlegs. I'm not dying. And the Yak chops are fine." She chuckled.

"We sent Snotlout a letter from his future self saying that someone poisoned our breakfast." Hiccup admitted.

"Wow, best Loki ever!" The twins cheered.

"The student has become the master." Tuff cried.

"We have nothing left to teach you." The twins enveloped Hiccup and Astrid in a hug.

"He's coming back." Hiccup warned. "Quick, everyone pretend that nothing happened! Act natural."

"Best day ever." The twins shared a headbutt before scooping their plates from the ground and tucking into breakfast. Snotlout returned and dropped everything on the ground.

"Wow, Snotlout. You must've been tired. You're never late for breakfast." Fishlegs fought a chuckle.

"Yak chops?" Astrid offered.

***