Scrump

I'm back!!!
This is set during RTTE season 5.
Hope you enjoy x
Requests are welcome! 💛
***

In the quiet of Dragon's Edge, Astrid was standing in her hut, rummaging through endless piles of objects; clearly trying to find something. Sitting amidst her mess, she blew out a frustrated breath, blinking away the tears threatening to fall.
"I can't find it anywhere, Hiccup!" She exclaimed, her voice echoing with frustration.
"What are you looking for?" Hiccup wondered, joining in the search.
"Scrump, he's always in Stormfly's saddle bag. Always." She insisted. "I swear if anyone's taken him-"
"Astrid, are you absolutely sure that you didn't leave it on Berk?" Hiccup questioned as Astrid continued to ransack her hut.
"No!" She hissed as she continued tossing weapons from the chest by her bed. "I had him on the way here, I know I did... or... I thought I did."
Despite her best efforts, the toy remained elusive. Astrid's frustration grew, a rare tear welling in her eye. Hiccup, wanting to ease her distress, joined her on the floor and held her close.
"Hey, don't worry, we'll find him." He reassured. But as hours passed, Astrid started to lose hope and eventually slumped on the floor in defeat. Hiccup noticed her giving up and he had to do something quickly. He couldn't bare seeing her so sad and he knew how much that stuffed toy meant to her. It was a gift from her Uncle Finn after all. "Maybe he fell out of the saddle bag, why don't you check the arena and I'll check the clubhouse." He suggested, knowing all too well that she had left him on Berk. Astrid hesitantly agreed, but as the blonde flew towards the arena, Hiccup raced to his hut.
Astrid searched until dark and finally admitted defeat, heading back to her hut to rest. When she opened the door, she noticed something on her bed. It wasn't Scrump, but it made her smile all the same. She scooped up the small stuffed dragon that Hiccup had placed on her bed and glanced down at it with gratitude. She knew it was a strong token of Hiccup's affection as that stuffed dragon never left Hiccup's bed. She knew it was as important to Hiccup as Scrump was to her, which only made her appreciate it more. Of course, Hiccup loved that dragon, but he loved Astrid more.
Astrid trudged to Hiccup's hut to thank him, only to be surprised to find his hut empty, not a night fury in sight. She headed up to his loft and sat on the edge of the bed as she noticed a piece of parchment on his nightstand. She had stormfly light a torch on the wall as she read the note;

ᛁᛚᛚ ᛫ ᛒᛖ ᛫ ᛒᚪᚳᛦ᛫ ᛒᚣ ᛫ ᛗᚩᚱᚾᛁᛝ᛬
ᚻᛁᚳᚳᚢᛈ

        "I'll be back by morning. Hiccup." Astrid read, rolling her eyes. She placed the note back on the nightstand and kicked off her boots, tucking her legs beneath the blanket on Hiccup's bed, gesturing for her dragon to join her. She clutched Hiccup's stuffed dragon to her chest as Stormfly nuzzled her snout into the blonde's side. She closed her eyes, but sleep always seemed just out of reach, despite her exhaustion.
        It was a few hours later when her eyes fluttered open as she heard footsteps approaching and with the distinctive clink of metal, there was only one person those footsteps could belong to.
        "Hiccup?" She muttered, sleepily as his form came into view.
        "Hey." He smiled, speaking softly as he sat on the edge of the bed beside her, reaching into his saddle bag. "Guess who I found?" He pulled out the very thing that Astrid had spent the day searching for.
        "Scrump?!" She gasped, bolting up to grasp her stuffed toy. "Where did you find him?!" She wondered. She had searched the entire base.
        "In your room." He admitted. "Back on berk." He quickly added. Earning a grateful smile.
        "You flew all the way back to Berk for me?" She beamed.
        "Astrid, I would fly to the end of the world for you." Hiccup corrected.
         Astrid could only sigh happily and yawn as her exhaustion began to pull her back into slumber. Hiccup hugged her tightly as she started drifting off against his shoulder. He gently laid her head down on the pillow and kicked off his prosthetic, tucking himself in beside her and pulling the blanket over her shoulder, placing Scrump in her arms as he placed his dragon back on his bed frame, placing a kiss on its nose before doing the same to Astrid, earning him a smile as they fell asleep.

***