Woman of the House.

Set after HTTYD 2 x

***

"Ah!" A loud girlish yelp was heard from the chief's hut. Hiccup darted out of the building as fast as he could, slamming the door behind him and blocking it with his back. By this time, most of Berk was staring at him in confusion, including Astrid.

"Hey, you okay?" She wondered as she ventured towards him. "You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Yeah!" He practically squealed. He cleared his throat in an attempt to sound slightly more masculine. "I mean, yeah, no. Not exactly." He stared at her with that same adorable pout his girlfriend had come to recognize.

"Another one?" She thought tilting her head at him. "Really?" He only nodded in response. "Do you want me to get rid of it?" He nodded again. "Okay, Dragon Master. Where is it?."

"Upstairs. Far corner." He explained.

Astrid rolled her eyes as she loosened Hiccup's death grip on the door frame and ventured inside. Hiccup waited outside, pacing frantically back and forth until she returned.

"Did you get it?!" He shrieked.

"Yeah, I got it." She assured as she gestured to her cupped hands. "You know, you're the chief, you shouldn't need my help with this anymore." She joked.

"I know that."

"So, next time, you'll do it yourself?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Probably not." He admitted.

"Hiccup, you trained a Night Fury. You battled the Red Death, the Screaming Death, the Bewilderbeast, Outcasts, Berserkers, Viggo, Ryker, Krogan, Johann, and Drago. And you can't handle a little spider? You are ridiculous!" Astrid teased.

"They have too many legs."

"So do Fireworms. Next excuse?"

"They have too many eyes. What do they need all those eyes for?!" Hiccup thought.

"Look Hiccup. I have been holding this spider for the past 5 minutes and look, I'm perfectly fine. Why do you have to be so dramatic?" She chuckled opening her hands to allow said spider to wander freely around her hands. Hiccup gasped and backed away quickly.

"Hiccup, get over here." She commanded playfully.

"Not a chance."

"Hiccup, you know what happens when I hear 'no'." She warned.

"I didn't say 'no' I said 'not a chance'." He chuckled nervously.

"Hiccup..." She glared. "I'm not gonna make you hold it. Just come and look. It's smaller than your thumbnail. There's nothing to be scared of... see he's so cute." She held her hand closer to him as he approached with caution.

"It still looks creepy."

"Of course it does." She rolled her eyes at him. "I'll tell you what... you do the cooking from now on and I'll continue to save you from all the evil spiders. Deal?"

"Deal!" He agreed, a little too fast.

"Okay, chief. You go and start dinner while I go and drop the scary spider off in the woods."

"Good idea." He quickly agreed.

***