Stop Talking

Set during RTTE early season 4
***

"Fishlegs?!" Hiccup shrieked as the stocky blonde raced into the clearing, gasping for air. "Are you okay? What happened?" He worried.

"Fine. Just gotta take a knee for a second." He rasped. "Wait no, not fine. Hunters, hundreds of them. Headed this way!" He warned.

"What?!"

"They already have Toothless, why don't they just leave? What's keeping them here?" Snotlout wondered.

"They want the Dragon eye, you Muttonhead." Astrid rolled her eyes, slapping Snotlout across the back of his head.

"Shut up, Astrid." He mumbled under his breath.

"Hiccup, we should find a place to hide, regroup." The blonde suggested.

Hiccup scanned the area and noticed an opening in the cliff.

"Everyone, head for the cave." He ordered. The riders all mounted their dragons and took off. Astrid offered her hand to allow Hiccup to mount Stormfly behind her.

When they arrived at the cave, it was already nicely lit by Meatlug.

"Okay, this is a disaster." Hiccup began to ramble. "Viggo has Toothless. We're stuck on an island filled with wild and territorial dragons."

"Hiccup..." Astrid attempted. Hiccup just continued to pace back and forth.

"Viggo's armada has doubled in size and there is no way for us to leave the island without getting spotted." He continued.

"Hiccup." She tried again. Nothing.

"And without Toothless, we don't stand a chance at beating them."

"Hiccup!" She shouted, causing the auburn-haired leader to jump at the sound. "It's gonna be okay?"

"Astrid, how can you say that?" He wondered. "We're dangerously outnumbered. We're down a dragon, and this island is not that big. We have two hours at most before Viggo finds us."

"Hiccup..."

"Okay, we just need a plan." He thought to himself. "Maybe if everyone splits up we might be able to lure the dragon hunters away from Toothless."

"Hiccup!"

"Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work anymore," Heather noted.

"—There's hundred's of hunters. We'll never be able to lure them all away with just six dragons." He ranted.

"Maybe not." Astrid sighed in response to Heather. She let out a smirk before turning towards Heather with a slight sense of pride. She brought her attention back to Hiccup who was still pacing frantically. "But I know what will."

Astrid sauntered towards the panicked dragon rider, stepping in his path, halting him in his tracks, though he continued ranting. The blonde rolled her eyes playfully before grasping him by the tunic and crashing into him, drawing their lips together like magnets. The other riders just gasped in shock. Heather just smirked.

"I- what- I uh-" Hiccup stuttered as his cheeks earned a faded crimson hue.

"You ramble when you're worried." She giggled.

***

Okay, so to sum up... they save Toothless and all is good. But I thought this was a cute ending.