Freaky Friday

Sorry guys, crappy ending.

***

"AHHHHHHH!"

The entire gang shot up in bed at the sound of Astrid's voice.

"Astrid? Are you okay?" Heather worried as she stumbled out of the bed on the other side of the hut.

The blonde glanced in her direction then down to her hands, turning them over and over again. She raced out of her hut and straight towards Hiccups. She barely reached the door before Hiccup opened it and dragged her inside.

They both stopped and stared at each other for moment before the blonde finally spoke.

"Astrid?"

"Hiccup." The auburn haired teen responded.

***

Moments passed.

"Hiccup, will you stop pacing!" Astrid groaned from Hiccups desk chair.

"I don't understand." Hiccup thought. "How could this happen? How did we switch bodies?"

"Who cares? The real question is, how do we change back?" Astrid wondered.

"I have no idea. But until we figure it out, nobody can know." Hiccup warned. "Thor knows what Snotlout and the twins will have to say."

"Okay, first things first. You need to change." Astrid suggested.

"What?!" Hiccup shrieked.

"It'll be a little suspicious if I show up for dragon training wearing a nightgown, don't you think?"

"Astrid, no way. That's not- I can't." Hiccup stuttered nervously.

Astrid rolled her eyes. Or hiccups eyes.

"Fine, just come with me." She stood and hobbled towards the door. Hiccup raced to hold her up as she adjusted to walking with Hiccups metal leg. They made their way to Astrid's hut.

"There you are." Heather noted. "What happened? I don't think I've ever heard you scream like that."

"Uh, nightmare." Hiccup muttered.

"Nightmare, really?" Astrid huffed in protest. "That's the best you could come up with?"

"You got a better explanation?" Hiccup glared.

"How about the truth?" Astrid thought. "She can help us."

"Am I missing something here?" The raven haired teen thought turning towards the blonde. "Astrid, what's going on?"

"Um," Astrid cleared Hiccups throat. "I'm over here." She waved.

"Okay very funny guys. Loki day isn't until next week." Heather reminded.

"Still think she's gonna help us?" Hiccup wondered. Astrid rolled her eyes and sauntered towards Hiccup, grasping his arm and twisting it behind his back.

"Okay? Maybe you're not kidding." Heather realized.

"Hiccup, I need to get to the clubhouse." Astrid mentioned. "Fishlegs will get suspicious if you're late. You need to change and get there as soon as you can."

"Astrid, I'm not gonna do that!" Hiccup protested.

"Hiccup, I get that you're trying to be the respectful, sensitive boyfriend but we don't have time for that right now." Hiccup just blushed nervously. Astrid let out a sigh. "Fine. Heather, help him. I have to get to the clubhouse. Gods, I never thought I'd be glad you fell asleep at your desk." Astrid glanced towards Hiccup and noticed he looked a little uncomfortable, and not just with the situation.

"Ast-Hiccup? Are you okay?" Heather checked.

"Yeah, just don't feel too good." He admitted. "Does your stomach always hurt?"

"Oh, no." Astrid and Heathers eyes opened wide in a panicked realization.

"Oh, no. What, oh no?" Hiccup worried.

"You, remember that time I threw an axe at Snotlout for breathing too loud?" Astrid reminded him.

"Astrid you do that every month when you-" He froze. "Oh, no."

***

"Hey, Hiccup. Did you finish those plans?" Fishlegs wondered as Astrid sauntered into the clubhouse, still limping slightly.

"Uh, plans?" Astrid panicked.

"The blueprints for the new dragon blade?"

"Oh, uh-"

"He finished them." Hiccup assured as he and Heather sauntered into the clubhouse. "The muttonhead fell asleep at his desk again." Hiccup made his way to Astrid who handed him a bowl of soup. He furrowed his brow at her curiously.

"Trust me, it'll help." She advised. "And did you seriously call yourself a muttonhead?"

"I was channeling my inner Astrid."

"Yeah, I don't think you have an inner Astrid." Heather mentioned. "Oh and Astrid, you may have a bruise or three."

"You knocked him out, didn't you?" Astrid thought.

"It was the only way I could help him. He wasn't having any of it."

"You couldn't have just blindfolded him? Me?" Astrid asked..

"I could've." She agreed. "But I went with my instinct. Besides, you never let me win. It was a good feeling. Even if it wasn't really you."

***