I'd Be Honored

Thanks to Makefunismyjob for this request...

Requests are very welcome here!

***

"For the last time, Mom. I am not wearing a flower kransen." Astrid declined. "Why can't I just wear the one I'm wearing now?" She questioned.

"Because it's not traditional." Her mother explained.

"Mom, I'm marrying Hiccup. The Viking who trained dragons. I think tradition went out of the window about six years ago." She chuckled.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in," Astrid called.

"Hey, just checking in," Hiccup announced as he peered his head around the door. "How's everything going?"

"Fine." Astrid smiled. "Just a few more adjustments to make and a stubborn mother to contend with." Mrs. Hofferson glanced up from the flower crown she was currently weaving together and glared at her daughter. "Yeah, you heard me." The young blonde chuckled. She grasped Hiccup's hand and led him outside. "How's everything going on your end?"

"All good." He explained.

"Decorations are all up?" She questioned.

"Yep."

"Banquet is all ready in the great hall?"

"Yep."

"The twins and Snotlout are locked out of the great hall?" She checked folding her arms and raising a brow.

"Check and check." He assured. "Astrid, you need to relax. Everything is going to be perfect."

"I hope so." She sighed. "Did you talk to Gobber yet?"

"Not yet."

"Hiccup the wedding is tomorrow! You have to talk to him." Astrid explained.

"I know, it's just..." He hesitated, letting out a long sigh. "Gobber is my godfather and he did practically raise me. But, I can't help feeling like I'm betraying my father."

"Hiccup, this day is about us and you know that your father would want this to be the happiest day of your life."

"Astrid, I'm marrying you. It's already the happiest day of my life, I don't think where Gobber stands is gonna make a difference." Hiccup joked.

"You know what I mean. If your dad can't be there, I'm sure he would want Gobber to take his place for the day. And I'm sure that Gobber would feel honored that you even considered him." Astrid explained.

"You're right." He sighed. "I should go and find him." He pulled Astrid gently by the arm and enveloped her in a hug. "By the way, you are totally wearing that flower crown."

"I'm not wearing the crown." She denied.

"But..."

"I'll wear one if you wear one." She offered.

"Deal."

"Seriously?" She thought, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Oh, come on Astrid. You can handle being a girl for one day." He chuckled. "Besides, I don't care what I'm wearing, I'll wear your skirt if it makes you happy. We're getting married. That's all I care about."

Astrid just smirked mischievously.

"Oh gods, you're gonna make me wear your skirt now aren't you?' Hiccup worried.

"Not for the ceremony. Maybe for the honeymoon." She teased. "Now go and find Gobber."

"Right." Hiccup nodded before racing off.

"Uh, Hiccup!" Astrid called after him, causing him to pause in his tracks and spin around. "Aren't you forgetting something?" She frowned in the most adorable way. Hiccup raced back and pulled her into a kiss that was meant to only last a few seconds. Instead, it lasted for a minute or so. "Okay, now you can go." She giggled. "Goodnight, Babe."

"I will see you at the alter Mrs. Haddock." Hiccup smirked, earning a blush from the blonde, soon to be his wife. "Astrid Haddock?" He repeated. "Yeah, I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to that." He shivered.

"Just go already before I change my mind about this whole, no seeing each other the night before deal. Which by the way, is stupid."

"Hey, it was Heather's idea." Hiccup defended.

"Last time I listen to her. Now go!"

***

"Gobber? Are you in here?" Hiccup wondered as he ventured into the newly built forge on New Berk.

"Wasn't expecting you here at this hour, I thought you'd be off working on the wedding preparations." Gobber thought.

"I was." He said. "I mean, I am. Everything is set up, there's just one thing missing."

"Oh? What's that?"

"Look, Gobber. Tomorrow is meant to be about family and... well, Astrid's parents are both gonna be there and I'll have mom there and everything, but I was wondering..."

"Yeah?" Gobber gestured for him to continue.

"Well, I know you're not him but, I was wondering if maybe, you would be my dad for the day?" He asked apprehensively.

"You want me? To be your father for the day?" Gobber checked he had heard the chief correctly.

"Well, you are my godfather, and you did raise me, for the most part. And you knew my father best. I know he'll be there, in his own way but, like I said, this day is about family. And Gobber, you've always been family. And I would be honored if you could be a part of our day."

"We both would," Astrid called from behind him as she approached.

"I'd love to!" Gobber cheered enveloping the young couple in a hug.

"See, that wasn't so hard was it." Astrid giggled, planting a kiss on Hiccup's nose.

"Now as your temporary father, I have a few last-minute suggestions." Gobber started.

"NO!" They both shrieked.

"I should get back before my mom realizes I'm gone." Astrid chuckled.

"Oh, gods. You jumped out of the window didn't you?"

"No." She denied.

"Astrid..." Hiccup glared knowingly.

"Fine... It was an escape hatch in the ceiling."

"Oh my, Thor!" Hiccup planted his palm on his face.

"Bye, Babe!" She called from a distance.

"Woah, aren't you forgetting something?!" He hollered.

"Oh right." She raced back and leaped into his arms, crashing their lips together.

"Goodnight chief." She smiled before turning to leave. Hiccup watched her race back to her mother's hut, climbing up the side of the hut to re-enter from the same hatch she had escaped from. Hiccup could watch her little acrobatics routine's all day.

"I'm gonna marry that girl." He whispered to himself with a lopsided smile on his face. Astrid Haddock. I suppose I can get used to it.

***