Dragon Lovers

Doing a few shorter oneshots cause I'm low on ideas. x

Set after RTTE but before HTTYD 2

***

Astrid raced into the arena in a blind panic. She hadn't seen Hiccup all day and nobody had seen him in at least a few hours.

"Has anyone seen Hiccup?!" She shrieked. "I can't find him anywhere!"

"Nope, sorry. Haven't seen him." Fishlegs shrugged. "I'm sure he's fine. He's Hiccup."

"That's what scares me." She sighed. "Thor knows what kind of trouble he's gotten himself into."

"Don't worry, A," Tuffnut assured.

"We got this," Ruff added. The twins flew to the top of the arena, where the thunder ear was now stationed.

"Snotlout quit flirting with Astrid!" They yelled.

"WHAT?!" Snotlout shrieked. It was barely a few seconds before Hiccup and Toothless emerged from the forest and raced towards the academy. The Night Fury shot a plasma blast towards the short, stocky Viking, who leaped behind his dragon with a yelp.

"Works every time." The twins butted heads in pride and celebration. Hiccup hopped off his dragon and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend as he shot Snotlout a stern glare. He let out a yelp as Astrid's fist collided with his arm, causing him to back up.

"AH, what-"

"Where the hell have you been?!" She scowled. Hiccup just looked away, letting out a nervous chuckle as his hand got lost in the back of his messy auburn hair. "You found another dragon, didn't you?" Astrid sighed. Hiccup just nodded. "And you just had to pet it?" He nodded again. "So, you left without telling anyone, and left me worrying about you for three hours, to pet a dragon?"

"He was a baby Nadder!" He pouted adorably. "You know how much I love baby Nadders!"

"What?! Why didn't you just say so? Let's go see him!" She cheered as she mounted Stormfly and took off.

"Smooth move, H." Tuffnut applauded.

"I'm sure she'll still make me pay for it later. I just bought myself some time."

***