Not Our Day

Set during Dagur and Mala's wedding at the end of RTTE.

Thank you to @njis01 for this request.
Sorry, it won't let me tag you for some reason.

Requests are welcome x

***

"Ahem." Heather cleared her throat in an attempt to draw Astrid and Hiccup's attention away from each other's lips. The younger couple finally parted and turned their attention to the older couple as they spoke their vows.

After the ceremony, the riders all gathered in the very center of Defenders of the Wing for the reception.

"Guess who?" Hiccup teased as he snuck up behind Astrid, covering her eyes with his hands.

"Uh, Snotlout?" She smirked.

"What?!" Hiccup shrieked.

"I'm just teasing." She chuckled, spinning around and throwing her arms around his neck. "What are you thinking about?" She wondered as she noticed the slight smile creeping onto his face.

"You changed your shirt." He noted.

"Don't you like it?" She thought.

"Astrid, you look beautiful in any color." He told her. "But, why red? Of all the colors? I thought you liked the blue?"

"Well, red is your color." She blushed. "I just thought it had a bit of a Haddock feel to it."

"After my name already, huh?" Hiccup chuckled.

"Oh, gods no. We're nowhere near ready for that." She declined.

"Right." Hiccup sighed.

"But, someday." She smiled reassuringly.

"Hmm, Astrid Haddock?" Hiccup thought. "I think I could get used to that."

"Shh!" The blonde giggled, slapping him playfully on the arm.

"Too late." He warned. "I'm used to it." Hiccup soon joined in the laughter, wrapping his arm firmly around her waist and pulling her close. They shared a lengthy kiss before Astrid rested her head against Hiccup's chest. She glanced over to Heather who was chatting with Dagur and Mala a few yards away. She couldn't hear what the raven-haired teen was saying but from the mischievous smirk on her face, she could tell it wasn't good.

A few short moments later, the newlyweds made their way to the center of the party to begin the dance of blades. Don't worry, no actual blades were involved. After several twists and turns, they finally invited the others to join them. Astrid bounced excitedly, grasping Hiccup by the hand and dragging him to the dance floor.

"Astrid, you know I can't dance." Hiccup groaned. Astrid just smirked, rolling her eyes. She grabbed his right hand and placed it on her waist, grasping his left and locking their fingers together. Her left hand draped on his shoulder as they swayed from side to side.

Hiccup's eyes were focused so intently on his own feet to assure that he wasn't gonna stand on Astrid's foot as he continued to block out the serenades coming from Snotlout and Fishlegs as they fought for Ruffnut's attention.

"Hiccup..." Astrid lifted his chin until their eyes met. "See? Not so hard." She giggled. Spinning under his hand at the perfect moment.

"Since when did you know how to dance?" Hiccup wondered.

"I've always been able to dance." She smiled as Hiccup held her close.

"Is there anything you can't do?" He wondered.