Four Perspectives

The Trinity School (8 AM) (Amaya's Perspective)
Class hadn't begun yet so my friends and I decided to camp in the bathroom for a bit. We were all looking in the mirror and talking to each other about stuff.
"What do you guys have after homeroom?"
"Ugh, I have science with Manning." Harper said while putting on her lipgloss.
"I have English 6 with Ms.Waldorf! Allie told me that she's nice when you act right in her class, but if you don't...she'll target you for the rest of the year!" I said.
"Yikes." Lila checked her paper.
"I have English too! Summer, Payton, what about you guys?"
"We both have math."
"Gross. At least you have it together." I noted. I then looked over at Harper.
"What are you doing?"
"Putting on mascara."
"Woahh, your parents let you have makeup?" Lila asked.
"Hell no, I took it from Hazel when she wasn't looking. On our checklist, we put that we'd look good for 6th grade..so I'm gonna on makeup in the bathroom before school."
"Can I try??" I asked. She showed me how to apply the mascara and her purple lipstick.
"Wait, wait...why don't we all put on makeup here before class?" Summer said.
"That's not a bad idea." I adjusted my shirt so that it had a bit of an off-the-shoulder look.
"Ooo, cute."
*****************
Fulton Street (Lower Manhattan) (8:21 AM)
(Allie's Perspective)
"I wish it wasn't so early in the morning. We could've gone shopping."
"Facts." I sipped my apple juice and skipped ahead of everyone.
"How long is the walk to the pier?!" We'd just gotten our food so we wanted to sit somewhere and really enjoy it.
"Uhhh, it says 20 minutes."
"20 minutes?! By the time we get over there we have to get back on a train to go to class."
"Okay, so how about we do something a bit closer?"
"Do any of us actually care to go to school on time today?" Brian asked. We all looked around at each other.
"Well, it is the first day. They're not gonna mind if we're late."
"True, but we can't all go in the same time because then they'll realize. We have to go in like separately." Joy pointed out.
"Cool, let's go to the pier."
^^^^^^^^^^
The Pier
"Look, there are swings!" Clair pointed out. We girls ran towards the swings and grabbed a seat.
"This is so pretty, we're practically swinging over the water." It was a bit sunny which made the water shimmer.
"You guys are so childish, scrambling over a swing."
"No, swinging is relaxing. You're just trying to act all grown. It isn't cute." I told Joshua. He rolled his eyes and the boys sat and talking about sports. As usual.

Mama: how's homeroom?

That's weird. Why is she texting me during school hours?

Me: pretty good. My teachers are nice.
Mama: That's good, honey. I just wanted to let you know that you have to walk Andrew and Amaya home today. They're still adjusting and might get lost.

"Yo Allie, come on! Let's play some UNO!"
*******************
Trinity Upper School Campus (8:47 AM) (Andrew's Perspective)
"Hey, what do you have?" Nathan asked me.
"I got math. You?"
"Me too. With Mr. Leibovitz?"
"Yeah! I think his room is here, Allie said." Allie promised me that she'd help me find all of my classes but I haven't seen her since breakfast.
"Welcome everyone, to Jeopardy! Good Morning, everyone, I'm Mr.Leibovitz and today I am your host." Everyone laughed.
"I think I may have stepped into the wrong classroom." Nathan joked. We looked around the room for a seat. Crap. There are only two and they're not next to each other. We looked at each other wearily.
"Nathan, why don't you sit by Luca? Andrew, you can sit by Charlotte." I waved to him and went to go sit by Charlotte. Besides Nathan, I have two other friends. One, Bentley, I met in French. We started talking over our favorite show, Build It All. The other, Jonah, I met in history and we became friends over a pencil. Weird, right? I put my bag on the chair and looked over at Charlotte.
"Hi."
"Hi." I then looked at the smartboard where Leibovitz started his game of Jeopardy.
"Alright, so this game of Jeopardy is a review of fifth-grade math. You guys will be put into teams with the people around you. So, get familiar with your classmates." He put us into groups with the people around us. I didn't know any of them but they all seemed cool.
"Okay, so the prize is Chinese food for lunch. We need a game plan." Gideon suggested.
"Game plan?!" Tony asked.
"Heck yeah, do you see the stakes?!" Charlotte, Violet, and I laughed. I think I could get used to this.
************************
Fulton Street Station (9:00 AM) (Allie's Perspective)
"Holy shit, we're going to be late!" Joy said. We all stood still as everyone walked past us, rushing to get to their desk jobs, and business meetings.
"Whatinthefuckdowedo-" Brain asked quickly.
"Umm...I don't know!" We were lost in one of the busiest stations at like 9 am when everyone's trying to eat to work.
"Claire, I thought you said you knew where to go."
"Not anymore!"
"My Mom's gonna kill me." I whispered. Our school's up on 91st street, which means we need to take a 2 or 3 train. We came here 20 minutes ago and we still haven't found the train.
"I'm so confused! We follow the sign and now we're over by the 5 train?!"
"We're never making it out of here."