New House, New Adventures

I slid on my pajamas and went downstairs to make a cup of peppermint tea, I had a stomachache and that was the only thing that'd soothe it.
"Hey Daddy."
"Hey," I turned on the kettle and he watched as I struggled to reach the tea bag.
"I'll get it honey."
"Thanks dad, can you get the honey as well?" We laughed and he took that down as well. We had moved into our house a week ago after 2 months of renovations and it felt nice to be in our own place. I had a new room, and it was painted blue, which is basic and expected from me but it had its own unique twist and I loved it.
"Woof!" Kaia came and jumped all over me.
"Hey girl!" Kaia jumped on Daddy too and he chuckled.
"Get her out of here before Mariska sees."
"Go over there Kaia." I grabbed one of her toys and placed it on the couch.
"Look your ducky!" She raced over to it and chewed on it.
"How come you're having peppermint tea this late?"
"My stomach hurts."
"Ohh, is it-"
"No, I haven't gotten it yet." I said quietly and shyly, my Dad doesn't have a problem talking about these things, it's me. I feel as if I should keep it as my little secret and such because it's embarrassing. But he's very open about it, so is Mama.
"Usually that means it's coming soon."
"Mama told me. But I didn't tell her that I've been feeling this for months." I sipped my tea and sat down.
"That's a bit unusual." I nodded in agreement and swallowed.
"Maybe you should see a doctor."
"You know how I feel about doctors dad."
***********
House Party (Olivia's Perspective)
The caterers set food down in the kitchen and Amaya came down the stairs.
"Mama, can you put my necklace on for me?"
"Sure honey." I put it on and gave her a kiss.
"Go get your violin baby, you have to play today."
"Yes Mama." She went back up the stairs and I smiled. August came down in his suit and sat down on the couch.
"Are we going out for dinner?"
"Yeah, we are." He smiled and sat down.
"I've been really proud of you lately August, I just want you to know that."
"Yeah." I gave him a kiss and he went outside.
"Mama, can I have a grape?"
"Yes, take one. Where's Allie? I need her to play the ukulele."
"She's taking a shower, she said she doesn't feel well."
"Do you know how?"
"She said her head hurts and she feels dizzy."
"Alright, be a sweet boy and sit down patiently for me." I went to the 5th floor to Allison's room and saw her on the bed in her robe.
"Hey bud, are you alright?"
"No, I feel terrible."
"Dad told me that you've been feeling sick lately."
"I don't want to see a doctor."
"Why?"
"I don't like them, besides I'll be fine." I smiled wearily and ran my fingers through her hair.
"If you say so. You know how much I love you, right?"
"Yeah, a lot."
"Do you feel up to playing for our guests today?"
"I'll try."
"That's good enough for me."
**********
My Living Room (Allie's Perspective)
"This house is just amazing, it was totally worth the price."
"These ceilings are just, I don't even have the words for them." The adults were drinking wine and I was simply sitting in my chair, playing my ukulele so Amaya could have a good break, afterwards we'd go out for some food and then everyone would go home and relax.
"Allie, I never knew you could play the ukulele." Uncle Chris sat down next to me and I smiled tiredly.
"I mean, if I'm playing the guitar I might as well play the ukulele."
"Fair point. How's school?"
"Great. drama filled, tiring, and giving me a run for my money."
"You're too funny. But, how are you? How are you holding up?"
"I'm holding up just fine."
"Well, your Mom was telling me about how you were having a hard time and how a friend of yours is moving away."
"True and true."
"I was wondering if you'd like to come on a trip with me, something to help you get your mind off of it."
"Yes, of course! Does my mom know?"
"She does, she thinks this trip will do wonders for you."
"Where are we going? When?"
"Late July, and somewhere hot. That's all I'm saying."
"Is it in or out of this country?"
"Out." So many places brewed in my head and I smiled while thinking.
"You look pretty excited."
"Because I am! Thank you so much!" I gave him a kiss and then went to give my mom a hug.
"Oh my goodness!" She laughed and returned the hug.
"You're the best mother ever!" She looked down at me and smiled.
"That's great to hear love."
"Allison, you've gotten so big! You were much shorter the last time we met."
"I've grown really fast, I think I'll taller than Mama."
"Let's see about that."
"You're going to be twelve this year, am I correct?"
"Yes,"
"Almost off to high school! Study well young lady, your grades next year are extremely important."
"I will!" I said to my Mother's friend.
"Allie, go eat something. You haven't eating in hours, I don't want you to be extremely hungry."
"Of course, I'll go grab something. Nice to meet you again Mrs. Alfonsi." I shook her hand again and then sat next to Amaya.
"This is boring, I want really food to eat."
"You thinking what I'm thinking?" She nodded and we went up to her room, with pink wallpaper and designs all over it and checked under her bed. Amaya and I managed to find spots for our secret stashes and we started eating. We then put the food away and went back downstairs to the guests. Our faces were cleaned and we were satisfied.
"Let's head out for dinner, shall we?" Amaya and I smirked. We had just finished eating snacks and we were now going it for dinner, that means we'll technically have a double dessert tonight. A win-win for us.
"Allison and August help put away the food please."
"Yes Mama."
*****
My Bed
I was tired and full after this whole day. I was ready to go to sleep and prepare for Sunday. I was ready for another day in this amazing house. There would be more to explore and more to see. This house was way bigger and way more confusing than our previous home.
"What are you thinking so hard about?"
"Nothing, don't worry about it Amaya."
"Well, I can't sleep alone. Can I sleep with you?"
"Sure." Amaya and I have gotten so used to sharing a room that it feels lonely without her. Plus, my bed was big so there was totally space for my little sis to lay down with me. She started talking to me about the boys in her class and I gave her some advice. Then, I turned off the light and we continued to talk until we both fell asleep.