Being Brave

"I really don't wanna go!"
"What are you scared of truly?"
"I feel like I'll be the laughingstock of the school."
"I think the most that'll happen is that you'll get stared at. But aren't you on good terms with your schoolmates?"
"Yeah."
"So what is it?"
"There's cameras outside the school!"
"Really?"
"Yeah, not everyday but sometimes." She was probably being honest since she wasn't the only celebrity kid at her school.
"Like when?"
"Some Monday's. Like those kind of days. There's so many pics of me on the internet going around."
"I'm going to check on that... but come I have a solution to your problem." After a couple of minutes my bruises were all gone.
"I like it!"
"That's good, now I have to drop you off. You're already late to school."
"Alright. I have my lunch in my bag already so we could go quicker." I got up from the chair and went into my bedroom to find a pair of shoes to wear.
"I'll just go with these vans. Mama's probably waiting for me in the car." I ran outside barefoot and went into the back of the car so I could slide on my socks and shoes.
"All set?"
"All set."
***
"You're back!" Joy ran up to me and gave me a big hug.
"You're killing me!" She let go quickly.
"Omg, Sorry boo. I'm sorry I couldn't come and visit I just had lessons back to back and stuff."
"It's alright. Where's everyone else?"
"In their classes I think. But let's go we're super late." We walked into Spanish class to meet a whole bunch of stares and people asking me if I was alright. I just smiled and said I was okay. I feel like people were staring at my elbow quite a bit also but it was okay I guess. When the Spanish class was over I went over to Algebra which was with Josh thankfully. He was waiting for me at the door.
"Allie!" I went up to him and gave him a hug.
"I missed you so much. Ugh, thanks for visiting me at the hospital that day. I was so rude to you."
"Nah it's alright, you were in a bad state. I don't expect you to be the happiest with me or anything."
"Thanks for being so understanding Joshy. I love you." I whispered while sitting in my seat.
"I love you too."
*
"I'm finally home!" I ran upstairs to my room and changed into my comfy clothing.
"Anne! Can you make me a snack please, I'm going to start my essay."
"Sure honey." I smiled and started on my Algebra homework.
"Yo Joshy!"
"What's up my Al?"
"Nun much, just doing this Algebra homework tryna keep my grades up ya know? Are you doing your homework?"
"No."
"How many times do I have to tell you do your dang homework, aish so irresponsible. Start it now!"
"I'll do it later I promise."
"And if you don't?"
"You'll ignore me all day. Or you'll try to Atleast."
"Lmao."
"I won't be an idiot. I promise."
"Whatever. But anyways I'm gonna ask my mom about the party today so wait for that answer."
"I need you there before I end up a loner."
"Don't go cheating on me if I can't come."
"If you can't come I might as well stay the hell home."
"True."
"Ima go get ready for basketball. Text me."
"Sure." I smiled and hung up.
"Allie!"
"Hey Amaya! How was school?"
"It was good. Just so you know, I heard your whole convo with that guy friend of yours."
"I'm not surprised. As if you don't have a crush on Parker."
"I said don't tell!"
"I didn't lol. You're my sister, our convos are private and sacred unless you're getting hurt or something like that."
"True. Whatcha doing?"
"Well I have an essay for English that I'm finishing up and then I'm done for today."
"Well, hurry up we have ballet dummy."
"I know I'm going to shower now. Sheesh man." I laughed and took out some new clothes.
"Can I shower with you? So it'll be faster."
"Sure, I'm going in now so be quick."
***
Mariska's POV
"Im glad and surprised that you let me in your session today Allie."
"I know it's been a while, but I want you here today so come on let's go Mama." I held her hand as we walked into the room.
"Hey Ms.Stan."
"Allie, how nice it is to see you!"
"Same to you, and my Mama's here."
"Ahh yes, Mrs. Hermann we meet again." I shook hands with her therapist and sat down on the couch.
"So Allie, where did we leave off from last time?"
"We were talking about my boyfriend and tell my parents about us and stuff like that."
"I'm guessing you told your mother."
"Yeah, I told her and she was like she already knew."
"It's the behavior you know, she tried her best to hide it but I know from experience when someone's having a little crush or a boyfriend even."
"Ahh yes the teenage years. We've all been there. Mama was bound to find out at some point."
"Exactly."
"What about Daddy?"
"He's brought it up a couple of times but I shut it down. I've been saving you from being in something deep with your Daddy."
"Hahaha."
"Dad is overprotective?"
"Well kinda yeah. Sometimes it's annoying but I get that it's coming from a place of love."
"What does he do that annoys you?"
"When's he's super nosy and check my phone or when he tried to find a deeper meaning to what I say. But to be honest I feel like it only gets annoying when he does it several times in like one time period."
"I see. He is doing it from a place of love. He doesn't want to see you hurt again,"
"That's very true." My mom said,
"Even though you may not like it, Daddy is doing all of this out of love. He and I only want the best for you kids. And Daddy tends to get super protective over his girls. Believe me we've been married for 14 years."
"I can sense it lol."
"You can sense everything! I tell you, this girl. Matter of a fact Allie and her sister, both very smart and know a lot for their ages and I don't know where they're getting it from. Like they understand things that we don't expect them to really understand yet you know. I've been having some really, really mature conversations with them lately."
"Girls do develop a bit quicker."
"True."
"I think it's just that Amaya and I pay attention a lot so we pick up on things. But are we really that ahead?"
"Yes you are! But I shall say I do like the fact that I can't have more mature, grown up convos without you guys going eww or having an immature reaction. It's really help to build up our relationship more don't you think?"
"Yeah! I love having talks with you and Amaya. They're just so- idk like you said mature hahah." Mom smiled at me and rustled my hair