New Members

"OMG!" Amaya yelled. There were two guinea pigs in our living room.
"They're so adorable!" We sat down and played with them.
"Guys we have an announcement."
"What?! Do we get to keep them?"
"We get to keep them. Temporarily."
"Temporarily? Why?"
"A friend of mines wanted their guinea pigs to be taken care of while they were gone, when they come back we have to return them."
"Can we get our own?"
"Maybe."
"They're so adorable!" We all played with them and they made all of these cute noises!
"This is a super cool surprise! I thought the surprise was that we're getting a new car or something but this is even better."
"Even though we can't keep them!"
"Guys, I made a snack...."
"It can wait!" Mama rolled her eyes playfully and laughed along with Dad.
*******
June 19th (Allie's Graduation) (Mariska's Perspective)
"Great job Allison!"
"I'm proud of you bug!" She looked at us and smiled as she walked off the stage. She just happened to be getting several awards today and I was just immensely proud of her. It was now time for the closing statements and then we would take Allison our for lunch and then go and relax. As everyone rushed to go home I saw Allison with Joshua and they were hugging each other tightly.
"I hate to ruin your moment-"
"Mom, leave us alone for a moment. Please?"
"Allison, I made reservations, we need to go. You don't want Peter to see this, do you?"
"Fine."
"Bye Joshy!" She gave him a kiss on a cheek much to my dismay and walked over to me.
"Awfully brave of you to kiss him in front of me."
"Well it's not like I could make you turn around, you'd probably want to watch."
"Feisty. Okay my love." We laughed as we met up with Peter.
"You guys ready?"
"Yeah." Allison held my hand as we walked down 82nd street and went into a French restaurant. She saw the snails on the menu and She skipped past it as quickly as she possibly could. That made me laugh and made my think of getting snails just to annoy her.
"What are you getting babe?"
"Filet mignon and ratatouille. They're my favorites."
"You know what, I think I'm getting the same thing."
"Such a copycat." She said while still inspecting the lemonade. I put my arms around my daughter and she pointed out things on the menu so that I could speak French.
"How do you say that?"
"Filet de bœf." She nodded and checked her phone.
"No phones at the table."
"It doesn't hurt to check the time Daddy." She ripped off a piece of the baguette and chewed on it while looking out the window. Allison has always been my interesting, slightly wild child, she's got a certain spunk to her. She tends to attempt to bend rules whenever she can to see how far she can get and for some reason I've always liked that about her. However, Amaya is definitely the main wild child in our family.
"Mamaaaa."
"Yes?"
"Do you love me?"
"Of course I do. Why would you ask that?"
"Because."
"Because what?"
"Because I'm an American citizen and I cane ask you that because you are my legal guardians. Why did you guys even adopt me? Didn't it make more sense to adopt a baby?"
"We adopted you because we loved your personality. We didn't care how old you were."
"Mkay." She looked out the window again and sighed heavily.
**********
June 21st (Allie's Perspective)
"I'm going to miss you so much!" I held onto him as didn't let go.
"I'm going to miss you too. I still don't know what to do, or how it's going to work." Today was the last day of school and we were all crying.
"I don't want to move." Joy came over in tears and started to hug Josh.
"Let's just all go outside one last time."
"I'm tired of crying, my eyes are hurting." We all laughed and started to think about places we should go.
"Definitely not Starbucks."
"Let's go get bubble tea."
"Alright, come on." We were pretty silent as we walked towards Kung Fu Tea. I mean, who wouldn't be? You don't know what to say when it's your last moments with the one of the coolest guy in the world. You're still trying to understand and grasp the fact that you guys won't be all going to school together next year. The fact that he's irreplaceable. There will be a hole in your group.
"Guys, why are we being so quiet? Let's just try to enjoy the moment as much as possible."
"It's gonna be hard man."
"I know, let's just talk about regular things ya know?" I gave him a kiss on the cheek and we all sat down at the table together.
"Brian is such a gentlemen ordering and paying for all of our drinks. We don't deserve him."
"Hey Allie, why don't you go buy some of that kimbap that you like?"
"Sure, I'll be right back." I bought some beef kimbap and came back to see all of our drinks on the table.
"Lemme take a pic of the girls drinks."
"You guys always leave us out, we exist too!" Claire stopped crying and took a picture. My phone vibrated and I checked to see what it said.
Mama💖: Be home for 4 please! Have fun and stay safe babe!
I smiled weakly and replied with an "Of course Mama." We started talking about our favorite moments with Joshua.
"We sprayed silly string all over Joy and she looked totally ready to attack you."
"It took me literally forever to do my hair that morning!" She exclaimed.
"I'm actually surprised that you let your hair grow out."
"You know what? So am I!" We walked to Central Park and funny thing, I saw Amaya there.
"Hi!"
"Hey, What are you doing here?"
"Daddy took me here to go on the swings! Wanna come?"
"Maybe in a minute." I said as she petted Joy's hair.
"Okay, I'm gonna tell Daddy you're here!"
"No, don't please."
"I'm telling him!"
"Let's go guys." That was totally going to ruin everything. I don't want Dad watching me.
"It'll be alright, we'll just talk a lil and then go home."
"Kay."