Problematic

July 26th (New York, New York)
My time at Claire's house was cut short. Claire was about to be grilled by her Mom, even though she didn't do anything. And Mama and Dad wanted to talk to me too. So most likely the same was going to happen to me. I didn't want to snitch on my friend. But, I didn't want to get in trouble if I didn't do anything at all. Plus, I actually knew nothing about this, so how would it be fair? Anne has picked me up since my parents were both working.
"Allie, what's going on?"
"I don't know. I just don't know what to do." Amaya and Andrew were with us.
"What happened?!" Amaya asked.
"I can't tell you, it isn't appropriate."
"Hey, I thought we were having mature conversations!"
"Well, this is too mature, I guess."
"Your Mom is gonna be home for dinner later."
"I figured. I didn't do anything. I was never with Saf. I just don't want her to get in trouble."
"Allie, you need to do what's right. Tell your mother the truth of the matter."
"But, then Saf will get in trouble for linking with Gordon and making out with him."
"Allie, think about it this way. Why should you get in trouble for something you didn't do? Something you knew nothing about until Claire told you."
**********
Our Townhouse (Mariska's Perspective)
I don't think there was any way Allie could've been with Saf. But, Peter and I needed to know for ourselves.
"Allie, can you come upstairs to my bedroom please, I'd like to speak to you," I said into the house phone as I ordered an announcement to her room.
"Coming." She replied. My goodness. These kids. Always something crazy.
"I'm here, Mama."
"Sit down, please." Allison sat and waited.
"You could just ask the big question."
"Were you with Saf at any point this week?"
"No, I wasn't. And, I haven't been texting her that much either. I'm just as surprised as you guys are."
"Do you know anything about what Saf did?"
"No, I don't know anything."
"Alright. Thank you for being honest. We appreciate it, kiddo."
"No problem." Allison left the room and went back downstairs.
"Something's telling me she knows a bit more than she's letting on."
"Why do you say that?"
"Instincts. She had to of heard something."
"But, you don't know that Mariska."
"It's still a theory."
"I get it. But, we've worked hard to build up that trust with Allison. I don't want to lose it." Oh, Peter. He's too kind. Peter and I heard a knock on our bedroom door.
"Who is it?"
"It's me! Amaya!" She said happily.
"May I come in? Andrew and I wanna show you something!"
"You guys can come in." Amaya opened the door to show Andrew with a green face. Peter and I chuckled.
"Andrew came to me and said he wanted to be a zombie, so we painted his face green. What do you think?"
"It looks awesome, keep up the good work."
"I'm going to perfect my zombie walk now. I'm going to eat your brains!"
"Eww...I don't even think zombies talk."
"Yeah, they do. In the movies."
"Well. Not in full sentences like you are. You need an acting class." Our youngest make us laugh so much because they're just so funny and always have some new shtick. I love them so much.
**********
July 28th (84th Street Theater) (Allie's Perspective)
Honestly, after that whole Saf making out with boys and causing our parents to grill us thing. We all needed a break! What in the world was Saf thinking?! How did she allow herself to get caught making out with someone?! Like, I get it. You wanna kiss boys and things, but if you have to lie about where you were and who you were with....maybe just don't freaking do it because you're putting all of your friends in a predicament covering for your ass. But, anyways me, Claire, Joy, Leila, Josh, Gabe, Jasmine, and Brian we're at the movie theaters. We did this to take our mind off of things...but we just couldn't help talking about it too. Saf is our friend after all.
"Her making out with him and stuff is so not like her. She's so...innocent."
"People change," Brian said.
"I know, but that's a really big change, this isn't the only guy. I'm worried about her. What if something's wrong." Leila added.
"Safiya isn't the one to hide things she'd tell us." Joy said while grabbing the drinks.
"I'd hope so." Today, we were going to see The Last Adventure. I hoped it would be good.
"Oh my gosh. That's Allison Hermann!" I don't mind it when people recognize, but did they have to be so loud about it?
"They're snapping pics too. Let's move. Quickly." Joshua said as he led us to the correct theater.
"I'm sorry about all that fuss guys."
"We don't mind. It's nothing. Come on, let's grab a seat in the middle."
"I really hope no one's wearing a bun today.."
************
East Hampton, Long Island (July 30th) (Peter's Perspective)
"Hi, I'm Allison. Pleasure to meet you. Grindelwald, don't do that buddy! I'm so sorry about that." Allison said to our newest family member while greeting the Newsom's.
"Peter, you have some amazing kids. So polite and respectful."
"Thank you, so much!"
"You know, we have a daughter Mina! She's Allison's age. Mimi, can you come here sweetheart?" The girls talked to each other and started to walk down the beach. This was a typical summer weekend in the Hermann house. Beach trip on Sunday, and a small BBQ. I was talking to our friends, and we were having a good time. Our kids were playing, socializing. Everyone was having fun on this hot summer day.
"Woof!" Grindelwald said energetically.
"Hey, buddy!" I gave him a good scratch before he went to go follow Amaya and Lexi.
"This is just lovely!"
***************
Later That Evening (Allison's Perspective)
Mina and I really hit it off today! I learned that she doesn't live that far away from us in Manhattan, and she lives about two miles from our Hampton home. I think the reason why we kind of hit it off is some of our shared experiences. She's adopted like I am and we could talk about our struggles without it being weird, and she liked the same singers I do. We basically have very, very similar aesthetics. We swung on the hammock happily and talked about our lives.
"Oh, you're going into 8th too! That's cool."
"Yeah! I'm thinking about leaving my school though."
"To go where?!"
"Calhoun maybe."
"What school do you go to now?"
"Trinity Private."
"Trinity? I'm going there for 8th to high school."
"You are?! Omg! You need to meet my other friends, you won't go lonely at school. This is awesome!" I'll say, I don't find it weird that we became close this fast, but we genuinely (oh no, I'm starting to sound like Dad) have so much in common! Mina is so sweet and nice! I think she would be so happy in our friend group!
"Wow..thank you so much! I was afraid of being lonely next school year. But, I don't think that'll happen with you being there. You're really kind Allison."
"Thanks. So are you. Let me set you up with my friends right now!"
the real peeps group chat:
Me: Guys, meet Mina! She's one of my new friends and she's going to our school for 8th grade -one attachment sent-
Mina: Hey guys!
Joy: omg, Mina you're so pretttyyy! We need to link. Do you listen to EXO?
Mina: OMg, YES?
Leila: yesss. She's so skinny!
Claire: we got a real one in the chat!
Joshua: hey! we're linking on Monday Mina. You should come!
Brian: yess! Hey, do you like marvel movies?!
Mina: who's doesn't?!

This whole entire vibe was making me so excited for next year! We were really having so much fun. I couldn't wait for 8th grade to begin.