Break

"Oww,"
"Hey, I'm not doing this to hurt you."
"AHH!" I sat up and looked at what my mother was doing.
"Don't rip it off like that Mama. I want to live and look nice for our trip!" She rolled her eyes and threw the stuff away.
"Look you're all done. You wanted to solve your hair issue and I did it."
"Thank youu." I said dragging it out and giving her a kiss.
"You're welcome. Did you finish packing?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I want to check the contents of your suitcase."
"Why?"
"Because,"
"Mommy, I didn't put any inappropriate looking clothing in there, not like I own any of those haha..."
"That's exactly why I need to check." She followed me into the bedroom and I took out my grey suitcase.
"You put five shorts and 5 shirts like I asked?"
"Mhm."
"4 dresses?"
"Two knee length, two ankle length."
"You put in a cover up beach dress?"
"Yeah, just like you said." She looked through the suitcase and looked up smiling.
"You did a fantastic job." She gave me a high five and fixed the clothes that she messed up.
"Thanks."
"Can I go meet Daddy at his job for a little?"
"How come?"
"I'm kind of bored."
"He's coming home soon. There'd be no point munchkin."
"Oh."
"Wanna watch a movie and eat ice cream?"
"Totally. Specifically cookies and cream because that's the best flavor that god has created."
"I still think the classics are the way to go."
"Cookies and cream is a classic Mama." We laughed and grabbed two spoons. I took the cookies and cream and we sat down in the couch.
"I love this movie. It's really inspiring and truthful." I put on 'The Hate U Give' and we sat down and watched it. It stuck me the same way it did the first time I watched it. Haileys ignorance, as Mama called it, ticking me off. She was being so rude without fully understanding and it was really frustrating. The police and their harmful actions angering me. They hurt Mama too. I looked into Mama's eyes and I could see the worry in her face.
"You see that?"
"Yeah?"
"This is what I try to shield you and Amaya from. From this disgusting racism. I want you both to grow up knowing your self worth and that you guys can be anything in the world no matter what those kind of people say. Understand?"
"Yeah." My mom and I have had so many convos about self worth that I can't even count. However I thank her for taking time out of her day to tell me those things. Some mothers aren't involved with their kids at all and leave it all to the nannies. Trust me I've heard my nanny talk about it and I've seen kids who just wasn't their mothers to be with them. I'm lucky to have a mother, even though she works a lot, that cares to tell me about my self worth and let's me know how special I am. How I'm a survivor.
"Allie, what are you?"
"I'm worth it!"
"What are you?!"
"Worth it!" She gave me a big hug and we laughed.
******
Puerto Rico (Mariska's Perspective)
All of my kids were at the waterpark with Peter releasing all of the energy they had concealed from school and other things. It felt nice to get a chance to relax and reflect.
"Mama!"
"Allison?"
"Mama, I had to come back."
"Why?"
"Because, it was starting to close." Relaxation time over.
"Alright, dry off and go shower please. We have to go eat dinner."
"Mama! I'm back!" Amaya said while sashaying towards me with her towel.
"Alright Miss America's Next Top Model. You go shower too."
"I'm gonna go join Allison. Open the door Allison Maya."
"Come in and close the door."
"Hello Madre."
"Hola mijo."
"Mi-what now?"
"Never mind. Go in the other room and shower please."
"Sure Madre."
"Mama! Superman has arrived!"
"You go shower with your brother my superhero."
"I'll fly there!" Peter walked in and sat down on the bed.
"Hey sugarplum."
"Peter, no. The kids are present." I laughed and I stopped as I heard the girls making a commotion in the bathroom.
"Girls, what are you doing?"
"We're not doing anything!"
"Hurry up and get dressed please."
"Well try. But we need extra time to look our best."
"I'm not liking that reply." I said softly.
"This is why watch the girls more closely."
"Right. Those two are a piece of work."
"Just like their mother."
"I said not now!"
"Um, excuse you two lovebirds. I have a super serious girl problem and I need Mama." She grabbed my hand and pulled me up.
"You're heavy! But come on Amaya needs you." She took me into the bathroom were an upset Amaya was looking into the mirror.
"What's the problem?"
"I can't get the dress over my chest area and Allison is a weak chicken. This is embarrassing and I don't like how tight it feels."
"You're just starting to mature Amaya, this is nothing to be embarrassed about. How about we get you another dress and see if it fits?"
"Yes please," I went to go look for another dress and Peter looked confused.
"What's wrong?"
"Amaya's growing. She needs another dress." I didn't get a chance to catch Peters facial expression but I knew that it wasn't a happy one.
"Here, get dressed."
"Daddy?"
"Yes bug?"
"Can you please buy me something?"
"What?" She went onto her phone and opened up something.
"This for my new room! It looks really pretty. May I please get it? Pretty please?!"
"What now?" She eagerly showed me this colorfully designed beanbag and I inspected it and smiled.
"It looks cute. It's a reasonable price. Sure sweetie."
"Thank you, now spray me Madre!" She spun in a circle as I sprayed some mist.
"It smells like the girls locker room." August said.
"How do you know what the girls locker room smells like?" Amaya asked.
"He was probably in there making out with Emma."
"Was not. The scent of the girls locker room is really strong."
"It isn't. I would know. Stop lying to the world Miklos."
"How about you stop talking about things you know nothing about, Maya."
"I know exactly what I'm talking about Miklos. You're just mad that people know. Mama told you to break up with her and you guys are still together."
"We aren't!"
"You are!"
"Guys cut it out. We need to go, and do not act like this at the dinner table." I've been noticing a very noticeable rift in Allie's and August's relationship. They've been arguing about a multitude of things but Emma has been continuously coming up in their bickering. I was now ready to find out the truth about her considering that Allie wasn't letting it go. Allie doesn't just spew out false accusations so I know there's some kind of truth to this. And Allie was the one to ask about it.