Brownies Pt.2

"What could I do to be happy?" I said out loud. I looked at the desk in the corner of the room with paints lined up neatly in a row. I grabbed a piece of paper and sprinkled blue paints all over it.
"It's missing something." I grabbed green and yellow then mixed it until it became a beautiful ombré painting. I smiled at my success. It was extremely pretty.
"This is one of the best paintings I've ever made. I have to make more!" I kept making these paintings until dad came into my room and said,
"Okay little artist, it's your bedtime now." I hopped under the covers and my dad sat on the bed beside me. I felt a little uncomfortable every time he did this but, by now I understand that he isn't going to hurt me so I try not to get startled much.
"How are you feeling these days Allie?"
"Sad. But the paintings made me happy!"
"It's nice that the paintings made you happy but why are you sad?"
"Because this week was terrible!"
"How?"
"It just was dad. People snickering, having thoughts. The thoughts were so bad that mom had to sleep with me the other night." Dad hugged me and tucked me in.
"Are these thoughts about your brother Al?"
"A little, but not as much as before. Therapy is kind of helping. But like it's something that's not ignorable dad."
"That's true. It's something that'll probably impact you for the rest of your life, but we need to come to a place where it'll effect you less." I nodded in understanding.
"I'll work on that. By the way can I get some more art supplies please?"
"Sure my little artist." These days I've been more affectionate towards my adoptive dad. I allow him to give me hugs and play with me. I also allow him to tickle me :).
*****
"What do you want to do Allie?"
"I dunno. Recess hasn't felt the same these past few days." And that was the truth. It was kinda empty at school in a way since people were going on vacations.
"You know I'm actually going on vacation soon?"
"You too?"
"Yeah. Don't worry I'm going to leave next Friday, my parents told me to ask you if you wanted to come with us."
"Of course I would like to come! Where are you going?"
"They said it's a surprise, so I don't know actually."
"I'm gonna ask mama when she gets back tomorrow from her vacation with dad."
"I hope she says yes we're gonna have so much fun!" I gave some of my snacks to Joy and got up to go talk to Kim.
*****
"It hurts a little."
"What?" My mom said while folding my clothes.
"The fact that everyone is going on vacation this week and stuff, like so many of my friends are gone Mama."
"They'll be back before you know it. Besides we are going on vacation next week remember?"
"We are?"
"Yeah... Allie.. were you zoned out?"
"Maybe. I was going to ask you if I could go on vacation with Joy."
"Really, When is she going?"
"Next week Friday."
"I'm sorry but you can't go sweetie,"
"But mama."
"No buts. It's a family vacation everyone's going." I sighed internally and didn't talk back any further.
"Besides this is your first family vacay since your adoption, we want to make it a very special experience for you."
"I guess so."
"You can always go next time."
"Okay miss."
"Excuse me?" She grabbed my arm when I tried to walk away.
"What? I said okay miss."
"Yeah but you said it in the most rudest way. So you're not going anywhere young lady, you can go ahead and put your jammies on and go to bed."
"But it's 6 not even the littles go to bed now."
"I'm well aware, go shower and put your jammies on."
"No." I said plopping down on the bed.
"I'm giving you 10, no not even, 5 seconds to get up and pick some pajamas and go into the bath room.
"5."
"I already said I'm not doing it. Why are you counting down, that's idiotic."
"Allie!"
"What? I'm going to go to bed at the time that I usually do. I'm not one of the little kids."
"Okay, just wait until your father hears this."
"K miss." I laughed and locked my door.
******
*Mariska's POV*
"Her behavior just now, what I just witnessed was disgusting."
"Why was she doing that?"
"Because I said she couldn't go on vacation with Joy."
"Wow. So she acts out basically, when she doesn't get the reply she wants. But I know, we both know that she isn't a brat. But I've been seeing her act this way for days now and I'm not quite sure what to say about it."
"If you ask me I feel like the bratty behavior is her way of releasing her strong emotions, and to isolate herself basically so no one talks to her."
"That's a fair analyzation M. But my thought is, are we spoiling her?"
"I personally don't think we are."
"Me neither. But let's go talk to her and get to the bottom of this right now, because I'm not going on vacation and dealing with that behavior."
******
Back to Allie's POV:
"Allison, open the door. Now." I unlocked it and went under my bed.
"Allie, come from under the bed. We want to talk to you."
"I don't want to talk okay. I want something else."
"Like what?"
"None of your business."
"Allie do you want to talk to just me?" My dad said.
"No can you please leave. I want to be alone!" I screamed.
"GET OUTTTTT!"
"Allie, calm down."
"DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO! WHO ARE YOU FOR REAL?"
"We're not leaving until you cut this out."
"Your mood swings are out of control."
"Thanks for reminding me." I rolled my eyes.
"Get our from under the bed." I got out from under the bed and sat in my comfy area.
"Are you sure you don't want to talk?"
"I'm sure."
"Allie I know it's been hard for you, but you can't act like this. It isn't acceptable. Try to keep it under control."