To Converse

After dinner Mommy and I went to the movie room downstairs to watch a show. We were gonna talk about some things and she wanted us to have some privacy to do that.
"So, tell me everything about today." She popped some popcorn in her mouth and I laughed.
"Well, I have classes with a lot of my friends this year. Brian is still on vacay so it was a bit boring. We basically talked all day about summer and stuff like that."
"Are you over Josh?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders and she gave me a pat.
"It's okay to still have feelings, you know. Are you guys broken up or just friends?"
"Still together, I guess."
"Is something going on between you two?"
"Nope. Just don't feel good about us right now. I think I should end it and just be friends, but a part of me still wants to be with him. I don't know what to do."
"Think about which will hurt you more. Staying in this relationship, or leaving it. I'll support you no matter what."
"I know. Thank you so much Mama."
"Anything for you sweetheart."
***********
Leila's House
After school today I decided to go to Leila's. We had major plans to do. One, study for our math test. Two, plan for Halloween.
"Hey Mariam!" She's Leila's nanny and she's really kind.
"Good Afternoon Allison. How was school girls?"
"Good. We're gonna go study for our math test."
"Alright. Have fun!" We went downstairs to her bedroom and started working.
"Okay, this is a pain."
"What?! This is so easy, median, mode, and mean. It's so simple."
"To you it is. You're a literal genius."
"I don't think I am, but whatever you say." We laughed and put down our books.
"I heard there's a new kid coming in to replace Josh. It's a boy."
"I know what you're thinking. I'm not ready for that yet."
"Well, if you won't date him I will. Besides, have you ever had a real first kiss?"
"Not necessarily."
"You need to kiss someone for real. None of this kissing the forehead crap, I mean the real deal."
"Why don't you go do that yourself?"
"Because...I haven't found the right one yet."
"Maybe you should date the new guy." She blushed and fixed her tank top.
"Um.....I don't know about that. We don't even know what he looks like or his personality..."
"Ha! But, Halloween. What are we doing?"
"K-Pop?"
"Yep."
"It's me, you, Joy, and Claire. That's four. What's a four person group?"
"Ouuu, that's a tough one. Many groups have more than 4 people."
"We did red velvet already."
"Blackpink?"
"Too common."
"F(x)?!"
"Now that's what I'm talking about!"
"I'm gonna be Krystal."
"Amber's my favorite."
"She's mine too but I like Krystal's style sense."
"Meow!" Gino said. He sat in my lap and I rubbed his back.
"Okay, so I'm Amber-" She said.
"I'm Krystal, and the other two are decided."
"Well, they will be by Joy and Claire."
"We basically took the two best people in that group...Oh well!"
"Ahaha!"
*********
Movie Room (Mariska's Perspective)
"My sweet girls, how are you?"
"Good."
"Could be better."
"In school, we had to use lockers. It was weird."
"Tell me about it." Allison said sarcastically.
"I mean I'm comfortable changing in front of my friends, but other people...That's weird. I feel like people are staring."
"Well you could always go into a corner and change, can't you?"
"I guess." Allison sipped her water and looked at her popcorn.
"I see you avoiding conversation. What's up with you Allie?"
"None of your business."
"You don't not speak to me that way, ever. That is very rude of you and I'm not tolerating it. Do you hear me?"
"Yes."
"Okay, if you're going to have an attitude you can go to your room." She got up and left, stomping as she did so.
"Why is she acting like that Mama?"
"She's going to be a teenager, that's why." I laughed it off and Amaya smiled.
"I won't be like that when I'm almost a teenager."
"You promise?" She nodded and I laughed.
"Can we watch a movie?"
"Sure, go choose one and I'll watch it with you Maya." 30 minutes in and Amaya was struggling to stay awake. She held me close and it felt great to be needed. All of my kids are growing up, and to feel needed as a mother is what I need right now.
"I'm tired Mommy."
"Wanna go to bed?"
"No. Wanna sleep on you." I kept watching the movie and rubbing my daughter's hair quietly. At least I have one daughter who appreciates spending time with me..
**********
The Locker Room (Allie's Perspective)
"Ugh! Open!" I banged on the locker and my friends stared at me.
"Let me open it before you break someone or something today." She opened my lock and I thanked Joy.
"Are you PMS'ing or something?" Leila asked with a snicker.
"You know I don't have it!" All of my other friends have started theirs already and I feel kind of left out, they all talk about their moods and their cramps and I'm like yeah...totally get it on this side of town.
"Don't worry, it's a good thing that you haven't started. Trust me, you don't want to be bleeding and having to miss out on pool parties or have terrible cramps that you can't even go to school." Heck, Leila even for her first pimple! And here I am, Allison Hermann. The girl with barely any boobs, no hips, and no period. My friends looked a bit more mature than me, people tend to think I'm younger than them sometimes...
"I guess so." I laughed quietly and changed out of my gym uniform so I could head off to Spanish. I put some candy in my mouth from my secret stash and headed out of the locker room. I walked down my school's hallways and guess who I saw...Cody! He was a traitor and I hated him.
"Allie!" He said loudly. I pretended not to hear him and kept walking down the busy hallway, I didn't want to be late to Spanish.
"Allie, stop making me work so hard."
"What the hell do you want? Haven't you don't enough?!"
"I know, I broke our trust. Just hear me out." He said panting and out of breath.
"What is it?" I stood there with my arms folded and waited I see what this idiot wanted to say to me.
"Can you please give Joy this letter. Please."
"Why should I? Are you trying to break her heart again or something?"
"No, can you please just give it to her." I snatched it from him and attempted to open it. He took it back and stared at me.
"Don't do that. Don't look, just give it to her. Okay? I know I upset you all when I did what did last year at Halloween. I just need you to pass on the message." I put it in my pocket and went to my Spanish class. I looked down at the letter and shook my head.
"Don't do that. Don't look, just give it to her."
"Allison Hermann why are you late?" Ms.Zabala said sternly. I put the note away and looked up as she came over to me.
"What was that piece of paper you were handling?"
"Nothing Ms.Zabala. It was nothing."
"I hope so. I'd like to speak to you after class."
"Yes Ma'am." I took out my Spanish notebook and wrote my heading. This isn't gonna be good. I should've never fed into that fool and his foolishness, he's gonna get me in trouble now.
"Now class, we will be learning about ER verbs, starting with comer. Doesn't anyone know what that means?"
"To eat." I mumbled.
"Was that an answer Ms.Hermann?"
"To eat." I said louder.
"Correct. I expect the best from you young lady." I groaned and continued to take down my notes.