Love

April 26th
"Josh!" I ran over to him happily and gave him a big kiss.
"How was our vacation?"
"Nice, I got to see some of my friends in LA and my Dad. How was skiing in Utah?"
"Same old stuff. But, tell me about you. It was probably more meaningful because you haven't seen your dad in a hot minute."
"It was okay, he said that he missed me a lot and he couldn't wait to see me over the summer."
"Are your parents okay?"
"They're fine. My dad bought her an expensive necklace to commemorate their love and they romantically kissed. They were never bad in the first place. I think they just missed each other. That's all."
"That's amazing. I'm glad to hear you're great."
"Thanks for asking."
"Any time. So what did I miss?"
"A test from Sloan. The makeup exam for Sloan. Then, a project. Don't worry, just show them the excuse letter and you'll receive all of your work."
"And you'll help me, is that right?"
"Depends on how I feel."
"I want you to help me. You look cute in your glasses."
"Stop it. You're embarrassing me." I sipped on my water and he looked at me.
"Hungry?"
"Always."
***********
Allison's Room (Mariska's Perspective)
"Hey."
"Hey." I sat on the bed and looked at my daughter.
"What's up Mama?"
"Nothing, just seeing how you're doing. How's Josh?"
"He's amazing. Gotta love a nice boyfriend."
"Still not over the fact that I let you date in the 6th grade."
"Well, I wouldn't call this a real relationship. Yeah we hug and I kiss him a bit but it gets awkward. We can't do..certain things." She whispered the last part quietly.
"What things?" She sort of shied away and looked down.
"What things?"
"Never mind."
"I know what you want to say. Let's not focus on something we shouldn't be doing. Okay?" She nodded and then quietly drew in her sketchbook.
"I was thinking, we should go out together soon. Does that sound nice?"
"Yeah, it does."
"Allie, are you tired?" She nodded and I gave her a hug.
"Rest your head sweetheart."
"You seem a bit sad as well. What's wrong?"
"Nothings wrong."
"Promise?"
"Yeah, I'm just tired and hungry. I want coffee."
"Coffee?"
"Yeah, iced coffee."
"Who introduced you to that?"
"My boyfriend. I don't drink it often though." I smiled and let out a sigh.
**************
May 1st (Allie's Perspective)
I was at my friends' house today. They were having a dinner party and I was invited so naturally, I went. It was way better than going to the Hamptons with my family. We do that on the weekends to the point where it isn't even fun anymore.
"Joy, does this look good?"
"Yeah, I like it. Thanks, Allie."
"No problem."
"Joy, what do you wanna do for your birthday."
"Welll, I'm turning 13. We're having a party in the Hamptons. You're always invited of course. I'm just really excited."
"Of course you are! We all are."
"I'm waiting for you to catch up."
"Catch up?" I asked while putting in my earrings.
"Well for starters, I think you're the only girl in the 7th grade who hasn't started their period yet-"
"Why do we keep talking about this?" My face started to heat up and she laughed.
"No one's judging you, it's funny though." Joy grabbed some lipgloss and smiled.
"I remember when you gave me this clear lipgloss. It changed my life. I just can't wait for you to change as well, so we can have more moments."
"I get it. You're like quite ahead of me."
"Quite?" I laughed and I finished putting on lipgloss.
"Who else is coming?"
"Well, I invited Gabe."
"Ouuuu! I see!" She liked Gabe a lot. So I kind of wanted to see what would happen when he came over. He's also a friend of mine and I'm happy to see my friends!
"Maybe you can talk to him a bit more. He talks about you a lot."
"Really?"
"Yeah. He probably likes you back. It wouldn't hurt to talk to the guy."
"I guess so. It's just after you know who."
"You know what, who cares about him?!" He didn't treat you right, and everyone knows that. You weren't in the wrong at all. It's okay."
"Thanks, Al. You're the best!" We went downstairs and Gabe was there.
"Hey, Gabe!" Joy gave him a hug and I smiled at her.
"Go do your thing. I'll go talk to Jasmine."
***********
Our Backyard (Joy's Perspective)
"You're on the football team, right? How's that?"
"It's amazing. Hey, quick question, why aren't you a cheerleader?"
"Seems kinda basic to me, why'd you ask?"
"You'd look nice in a cheerleading outfit."
"Thanks." I was blushing sort of and we sat on the swings.
"I heard about you and Cody. Sorry, that happened man."
"Thanks, but I choose not to let that define me. It's old, it wasn't too serious so....it's like it never even happened."
"That's a good thing. Um, I know we don't really talk a lot. I'd like to get to know you a bit better. I mean, we're both friends with Allie. She's amazing. We're probably gonna hang out more so we should become good friends too."
"Fair. What's your number?" I asked calmly. Allie gave me a thumbs up and then I gave her the signal to come outside.
"Hey guys, they're serving the food now. Come on."
"I'm starving, let's go." We were all eating steak and talking about things that happened at school.
"I don't get it, that was literally the worst test ever and he won't curve it."
"You know he doesn't care. It's a 'learning experience' as he would say."
"Very funny."
"Allison, you're really becoming a young lady. Last time I saw you it was at August's pool party and you were shy of fifth grade. You've gotten so tall."
"Thank you. How have you been?"
"I've been doing amazing, a bit of moving around but nothing big. How are your brothers and Amaya?"
"They're all doing great. I'll tell them you said hello." Allie smiled and then looked at me.
"I saw you and Gabe out there. What happened?"
"I'll tell you later."
**************
Sagaponack, New York (Allie's Perspective)
"Yeah, today was great Mom. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Mama, I did. I packed enough!"
"Okay, Good Night!" I hung up the phone and then went back to the computer. Joy, Jasmine, and I were looking up things on the internet.
"Let's find a video to watch."
"DIYS for back to school?"
"No."
"Okay, How to know if someone likes you?!"
"Definitely! Joy needs to see this one." Personally, I think love is an amazing thing. I don't really understand what it's like to have it for Josh, we don't do much, but I know what it's like to have love for your family. It's one of the best things ever! I love my family so much, and that extends to my friends as well.
"You know your crush likes you if they try to talk to you often." The YouTuber said.
"Sometimes they get a bit awkward but that's okay."
"Sounds like someone I know," Jasmine said with a smirk.
"Stop it guys!"