Chill..Or Not

July 16th (Saturday) (Mariska's Perspective)
It was still Allie and I. And, we were having so much fun together.
"Wait, Mama, that isn't fair!"
"How is it not fair?" She couldn't stop laughing.
"I was supposed to win that time!" She started to clean up the board game and I giggled.
"Well, I'm sorry I'm just better at it."
"No, I think you cheated!"
"How did I cheat?!"
"I dunno, but I'm gonna find out! Mama, I called Daddy earlier, and it looks like they're all having fun."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, I miss them."
"Me too."
"What's for dinner? I'm kind of hungry."
"We can order Chinese?"
"Yes, please! And, boba."
"I'll see if they have any first."
"Yay!"
"And by the way, Aunty Ali and Aunty Debra are coming over in half an hour, so I want you to get dressed."
"But, I am dressed." She looked down at her oversized sweater.
"Are you wearing shorts?!"
"Do tights count?"
"Well, I guess so."
"I'm gonna go shower anyways. It's alright."
"Beef or chicken?"
"Both, I'm feeling like a carnivore tonight. A very hungry one." Her stomach growled and we both laughed.
"I can tell. Go shower babe."
"Alright!"
*****************
On Set With Mama (Allie's Perspective)
Joy and I were on set with my Mom and we were watching my Mom act.
"This is super cool." She whispered.
"I know." We sipped our milkshakes as Mom acted out her scene.
"And, what makes it so very right, for you to go to her house and stalk her? Were you out of your damn mind?"
"I-I wasn't stalking her."
"So then what were you doing? You know damn well you don't live on that side of town, so if you weren't stalking her tell me what the hell you were doing."
"Cut!" We clapped.
"Good job."
"Thanks girls, did you guys eat?"
"We had a milkshake that's all."
"You guys go and eat some real food. Craft services has amazing chicken salads, get some of that, and get a sandwich or so on the side. No junk."
"Mama! But the burgers..." She smiled.
"Trust me. It's good. Go along now." Joy and I went to go grab lunch. We grabbed a burger on the side when Mom wasn't paying attention.
"So, tell me. How are you and Josh?"
"We're super good. He's in LA right now, but we ft every day and he always texts me."
"That's cool."
"How are things going for you?"
"I don't know. I'm talking to some guys, but it isn't anything serious. Just talking. We're not talking talking." I rolled my eyes.
"Your birthday's September 21st. I honestly can't wait for your birthday."
"Me too. Mom's going a bit overboard though. We're having a party and then she wants to take me on a girl's trip to San Diego and then come back for school."
"That's not overboard. That's awesome!"
"I dunno, it sounds like a lot." We both laughed.
"Well, lemme tell you the plan for mines next month."
"I wanna hear!"
"We're gonna have teepees and stuff like that where you can paint your nails and toes, things like that."
"That sounds like a really cute idea." I wonder what I'm doing.
*************
Germany (Peter's Perspective)
"Amaya!" She laughed as I chased after her.
"You can't outrun me."
"Daddy, you and I both know I can." She stopped running and I took my hat back. It was nice just to spend time with the littles out in the fields.
"Where's Andrew?"
"He's over there. You know, I'm tired."
"That little bit of running made you tired?"
"No, not that! We were watching movies last night. That's what I'm tired from."
"Hey, Amaya?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I tell you something?"
"Mhm! I'm listening."
"I want you to know that coming this next school year, you can still talk to me about things.. Don't feel timid to come and talk to me."
"Hear you. Can I tell you something?"
"Hit me."
"I love you, Dad." Amaya gave me a hug.
"I love you too, baby girl. You make Mama and I proud every single day."
"That's good to know. So, we're going back home in a few days. I can't wait."
"Why?"
"Well, I wanna have some sleepovers before school starts. My friends and I have a lot to talk about."
"And what is that?"
"Just stuff. Why does it matter?"
"Never mind."
"I see what you did there. But, it won't work." She chuckled and then went to go join her brothers.
****************
The Upper West Side (Mariska's Perspective)
"No thank you, I'm really full. Maybe if there's some leftover I'll take it home."
"I'll set it aside for you, sweetheart." We were at the McDermotts and we just had a splendid dinner. It was filled with rice, pasta, burgers, and steak. Allison and I were beyond full.
"How's Peter and the kids?"
"They're good, they're having a lot of fun over there."
"That's great to hear. It's good that the second half of this year was better than the first, with everything going on in the world."
"I know, we wondered if things would get better by now or not. Thankfully, everything's good." Allie played with her fingers and I wrapped my arm around her.
"Tired?"
"No, I'm okay." She smiled and started to read a book.
"Allie is so studious."
"She hasn't always been, it's cute to see this side of her."
"I've always been!"
"I'm teasing, honey. Allie, why don't you show us the new song you've learned to play on the piano."
"Well, I'm not really finished yet, but I can play a part of it. It's a bit difficult." She sat on the bench and cracked her knuckles. She begun to play and it sounded beautiful. I worry that she tends to underestimate her own abilities way too much. She's a very smart and talented girl. She could do just about anything if she tried.
"It sounds amazing sweetheart, I wouldn't have known it wasn't finished."
"Thank you."
"You did great, stop underestimating yourself."
"Roger that, Benson."
"I think you've been spending way too much time on set with me?"
"Definitely not, Liv." I rolled my eyes.
"Are you any trouble on set Allie?"
"No, just the occasional pranks on Mama. But, I wouldn't call that trouble. I'd call that payback."
"Payback for what?"
"Blowing a whistle so early in the morning."
"It was 12 pm."
"Exactly my point. Way too early." I laughed and held her hand. Always so funny.
**************
Claire's House (Allie's Perspective)
"Your room is so cute."
"I literally just finished decorating it. Thanks!"
"Was the move stressful?"
"Super. I just need a minute to relax." She turned on her speakers and played some songs. Claire's a good person to hang out with. Mature and funny. All of my friends are, that's why we hang out.
"Aren't you guys literally moving before school starts?"
"Yeah?"
"Where?"
"This penthouse on Riverside."
"That's quite a distance. Why?"
"Because some of Mom's fans are fricking weirdos and keep coming to our townhouses. So they thought an apartment building was safer."
"People need to stop stalking. It's just gross, you guys are human. They literally crowd outside the school and snap photos of us all the time. It isn't okay. I feel for you, Allie."
"Thanks. But, let's talk about something else, I don't wanna dwell on that."
"Did you hear?"
"What?"
"Saf went and linked with Gordon."
"Yesss, she told me. I asked her when in the hell she found time to even do that. How did her parents even let her hang out alone with guys, they're super strict."
"Did she tell you?"
"What?"
"She told her parents she was with us."
"Oh...why?"
"That was the only way she'd be able to go out." I became worried.
"Trust me, girl, I had the same thoughts."
Mama: Did you hang out with Saf anytime this week.
"Claire....."
"What?! What is it? Don't scare me like that!" I showed her the text I just received.
"Oh..no.."
"Claire Marianne Dumont." Should my friends and I tell the truth, or should we lie to protect our friend?