Quest

When I said this house was big I meant it. There was an actual movie room downstairs, and a gym. There was a second living room and kitchen for reasons I don't get. But then again, my parents love having people over so I mean it did make sense. I walked around the movie room and stuffed popcorn in my mouth.
"Okay, this is good." I said in a muffled voice. Then I went ahead to the gym where Mama was exercising with Amaya. Amaya exercising?! Wow!
"Wanna join?"
"No thanks, I just took a shower." I left and went to the office.
"Oh yeah, he isn't here." Then I went to my floor that I share with August. Mama and Daddy thought it'd be best to separate Amaya and I because we sometimes could be loud at night. Plus, Mama said maybe August and I could repair our bond.
"Hey...August."
"Hey."
"Where's Mom?"
"In the gym downstairs."
"Oh..okay." And that's basically how majority of our conversations go.
"Daddy?!"
"Yes honey?"
"Hi!" He was home from work and I went to go give him a hug.
"How are you baby?"
"I'm great Dad!" He pulled a book out of his bag and gave it to me.
"Thank you!"
"You're welcome. How about you go read it?"
"Maybe later. I'm on a quest."
"What quest?"
"To hit every room in this house. Yours is next." I went into their bedroom and sat on their bed. I was very tempted to try on a pair of Mama's shoes but if dad walked in and saw me he'd tell so I couldn't do that.
"Hmm, okay let's go Andy's." Andrew and Amaya's rooms were on this same floor. So they could be supervised by Mama and Daddy.
"I'm making an airplane. Just be really quiet we'll be the best of friends."
"Ahh!"
"Wow. That's great." He said sarcastically. I loved messing with Andrew, it was just too funny.
"Have fun."
"I will." I left and went into Amaya's room. Her room was the second favorite after mine. It was so girly and just like her. Reminded me of my room when I was a bit younger, however mines was and still is blue. Walking around the house made me quite tired so I took the elevator up to my room and went to go lie down.
*********
Event
My parents made me go with them to an event. Something they wouldn't usually do, but it had something to do with me apparently so I ended up going. The cameras were flashing and my eyes were hurting.
"Smile, look over there." I wanted to just lie down but I had to be polite and just take pictures for these money hungry people. I smiled and then looked up at my Mother.
"What's wrong?" She mouthed. I shook my head and she rubbed my back.
"Only two more hours bug."
"Alright." There were some activities in this place.
"Wanna go take a picture there?"
"Yeah, it looks pretty there!" She smiled and told Daddy that we'd be back in a bit.
"Selfie!" I smiled and she took the picture.
"It looks amazing."
"Are you going to post it?"
"Nope, it's going to be a private picture. The internet doesn't need to see this."
"But the Internet is going to see the pictures the people took."
"That I can't control. But I can control what I post."
"I guess you're right."
"Hey Mariska, I'm so sorry to bother you but can I get a picture?"
"Of course." I moved out the way and watched as they took a picture. They talked for a while and I stood patiently. I know it's rude but sometimes I get annoyed when fans pop up. Like, I just want to spend alone time with my Mama and then they show up. But that's really selfish of me.
"Nice to meet you again."
"Same to you."
"Mama, can we get a snack?"
"Sure." She our her arm around me as we walked to the table.
"What are we getting?"
"Well, there's deep fried Oreos."
"Oh my word, they must be so greasy."
"I think I'm going to try one Mama."
"Drink loads of water after."
"I will, I will." I took a bite and it was okay.
"It's not as amazing as you'd think."
"But you know what's amazing?"
"What?"
"You." We shared a hug and I gave her a kiss.
********
The Bench (June 10th)
"It's nice to spend time with you. Before I go and stuff."
"Yeah, it is." It was silent. We both stared at each other. Waiting for what the other would do. I held his hand quietly and then removed it as I saw my father in the distance.
"H-hey Dad. What are you doing here?"
"Picking you up, we have to go."
"But Dad."
"Let's go."
"Bye Josh."
"Bye, and Bye Mr.Hermann."
"See you." He smiled and I rolled my eyes.
"Daddy! Why would you do that?"
"Sorry to interrupt your romantic time but we need you home."
"We? Mama's at work."
"Not anymore." He smiled as we went into the car.
"That doesn't sound too good. What happened?"
"You'll see when you get home."
"You make me concerned when you have this wide smile on your face. Totally isn't like the strict Peter Hermann I know."
"Very funny."
"But seriously, tell me."
"Nope."
"Tell meeeee!" I said while tickling him.
"Just wait and see. Come on, let's go pick up the littles." The little kids were just as shocked when we came to pick them up.
"Dad, what's going on?"
"Daddy, where are we going?"
"Mama and I will explain when we get home."
"This is boring. You get us all excited and then you don't even tell us what's going on? So not cool Daddy." Amaya pointed out.
"I agree." I said as we pulled up to our house.
"Well we're home so you guys will finally figure out." I hopped out of the car enthusiastically and rang the doorbell. Mama opened it and smiled.
"Can we come in?"
"Not until Peter gets here."
"Mama! What are you hiding? Can you just tell us already?"
"You have to wait."
"We're all tired of waiting!"