To Break A Promise

"Allison, please be careful with your slides. They cost a lot of money."
"Yes Mother." I slid them back on and finished my dinner. Mama was eyeing me. I wasn't really sure if it was in a good way or a bad way so I didn't say anything about it.
"Allie, I've been noticing a slip in your grades."
"Just a bad day I guess. It's still in the 90's Dad."
"I want over a 95." I rolled my eyes and sipped my cherry coke.
"And I want you to accept my 94, but we can't get what we want eh?"
"You do have a point."
"Can you guys stop being boring. I hate adult talk!"
"Okay Amaya, what do you want to talk about?" She laughed and tilted her head.
"Let's talk about Allison."
"What about me?"
"You're like an amazing sister. The one that I asked for. Daddy, remember how I asked for a sister?"
"Oh yes, I remember that very well."
"You genuinely remember that?" We all laughed and we started to chat about some other things. Mama was still eyeing me and I guessed it was because she didn't want me to ruin these Givenchy shoes.
"Allie, after dinner we need to talk, okay?"
"Sure." I knew I wasn't in trouble. I didn't do anything to be in trouble so I wasn't really worried. I ate the strawberry off my cheese cake and smiled at my dad. The smile I used when I try to get home to buy me something.
"What do you want Allison?"
"More cheesecake."
"She's so fat, jeez."
***********
Hotel Room (Mariska's Perspective)
"I'm in my pajamas and I'm considering falling asleep, I know it's only 8 don't judge." Allison said while throwing herself on the bed.
"I certainly won't judge. Been there, done that." I tightened my robe and sat down on the bed with Allie. I asked my husband to take the other three kids out to do something so we can have total privacy and she wouldn't feel the need to hold anything back from me.
"You're ordering room service?"
"Mhm. Brownies and vanilla ice cream seems appropriate."
"How come you're letting me have dessert even after I had one at dinner."
"Just because." I smiled and she folded her arms.
"I'll just go with that. I can't say no to a brownie."
"Haha. Come sit next to me my love."
"Okay Mama." She sat next to me and I put my arms around her.
"I can trust you to tell me the truth all the time. Am I correct?"
"Mhm. Why?"
"About you and August. Why you guys are arguing."
"Oh that. I got a bit heated. I'm sorry for causing such a fuss."
"It's okay, I just wanted to know about Emma. Is what you said the truth?"
"About them still being together? Absolutely. I'd never lie about something like that."
"Did he tell you to keep it from me?"
"No, he never told me. I figured out on my own because I have common sense. Plus I know the password to his phone."
"Okay.... that's the room service, let me go get it." She nodded and watched as the food came in.
"Thank you." We smiled and started to eat.
"What do you know about their relationship?" She paused and took a breath, as if she was thinking about how to word her upcoming sentence. She swallowed a bite of her brownie and set her fork down.
"Well... I'm still pretty scarred for life from it."
"From what?! You can tell me Allison."
"I know, it just brings up some bad memories, and it's imprinted on my mind you know? It's so gross that I saw that..."
"What?"
"So I took August's phone as a joke once a while back and I opened it and it was his camera roll. And he had a picture-"
"Don't tell me-"
"It was that Mama, it was super gross. Some guys do length checks but I'm positive that it wasn't just that."
"How do you know about that?!" I started to get on her case because it seemed like I had an 11 year old who was a little too advanced.
"Look-"
"What?"
"I hear things, and I have a friend, um, friends. They do that stuff. Inches." I sunk my head into my hands and left out a sigh.
"Sorry Mama. I've never been sent it though, I promise." She showed her promise ring and smiled worriedly.
"I believe you. I just didn't think that August would do something like that."
"Well he did, and I feel uncomfortable. Please talk to him! Tell him if he's gonna do that can he at least delete the photos?"
"Okay, okay."
"And then Emma,"
"What about Emma?"
"Emma told me to promise not to say anything. But I obviously just broke the promise."
"When was this?"
"Well basically I was walking to my math class. And um, she asked me if I'd seen August. I said early that morning and she said, we need to speak about us. Don't tell anyone about us."
"And you said okay I'm guessing?"
"Yeah, So um that's all the evidence I have about them being together. Since you wanted to know. Is August going to be in trouble?"
"Yes, I have to think about what I'm going to do. Thank you so much for being honest with me."
"No problem Mama."
"And let this be known now little lady, I don't ever want to hear anything about you send nudes to a boy. Or a boy sending nudes to you. Do you understand?"
"Yes Mama. I won't even do something as inappropriate as that." She held my hand and put her head on my chest.
"Now I just gotta get the picture out of my head. Gross."
"Think about the first vacation we ever took you on."
"Oh yeah that was really nice. We had so much fun those few days."
"Hey guys-" August came in happy as ever, not knowing that I had just completely exposed him and that Mama was ready to punish the heck out of him.
"August Miklos Fredrich Hargitay-Hermann."
"What did I do?" My Mama didn't respond as the littles and my Dad came.
"Allie?" I put my hands up in surrender as my Mama got up. I closed my eyes because I wasn't into seeing what was going to come next. I started to feel guilty even though I had done the right thing. But I felt like I was becoming a snitch again. When I promised August that I wouldn't. I'm such a snitch.