Fall Attire

"Now this is Fall Attire Mama!" I showed my mom the H&M Tiffany Young sweater and she nodded in approval.
"There's this skirt too Mama!" I held onto it as Amaya looked around.
"I like it! But it won't even fit me."
"Then let's go find some that will!"
"Girls, can you stay here for a second while I take Amaya over to the kids section?"
"Sure Mama." I kept looking around at all the clothes. I loved Tiffany and the fact that she worked with H&M, one of my favorite stores makes my heart melt.
"This is really cute Allie check it out." I walked over to see a wrap dress.
"Ehh, it would look so bad on me! Plus, I'm not sure if my mom will let me buy it.
"Doesn't hurt to ask."
"I guess."
"Omg this jacket!"
"Allie you have like a gazillion jackets. Do you really need another?" She jokes while taking it off the rack to inspect it.
"Um miss Joy it's about quality not the quantity right now."
"You could afford a higher quality though!" She was right.
"Ugh, there no winning battles with you. Why do I even try?"
"I don't know honestly." We laughed continuously until my mom came back.
******
Monday
Mom was working all night and so was dad. To be very honest it isn't much of a surprise. They told me in advance. But even when they don't tell me I don't get upset or anything, it's the jobs that they have. What is there to be mad about?
"Anne?"
"Yes?"
"Why am I the only kid that has nothing to do today?"
"Because, you need a break one day of the week. Your parents don't want you running like a machine. You're human, humans need breaks."
"But it's so boring without Amaya and Andrew, and weirdly August. That weirdo."
"Why'd you call him a weirdo?"
"Because He is Anne! I'm telling you." I ate my snack quietly after that.
"Whatever you say. Did you do your home work?"
"Some of it. Some of it isn't due tomorrow those are mostly done."
"Alright, when you're done wash the dishes and finish it up."
"Sure." I was gonna it anyways because that's one of the ways I earned my money. When mom and dad and my sibling weren't there something I liked doing was arts and crafts. It was something I found really relaxing after an annoying day at school. But I had homework to do so I had to postpone that.
"These won't wash themselves!" I turned on the water and washed all the plates that were in the sink. As usual the water got all over my shirt.
"Oh whatever." I whispered. I went upstairs to grab my binders and then went into the play room.
"I have to write an essay, from Dr. Bonner. I'm not surprised." I never really liked her, I guess it's because she was completely emotionless and always gave me a bad grade. Why? I honestly don't know. It like the more I improved the harsher she got. It got so bad that my parents yelled at my bad grade. They said I need to get in the habit of having and maintaining all 90's because next year was a really important year. Why? Because that was the year high school's would look at.
"Write about the American Revolution." Easy, but watch me get a bad grade anyways.
****
Thursday (Mariska's POV)
"Mama! Come here!" I got up instantly and ran to my eldest daughters room.
"What's wrong Allison?!" She propped up her legs and showed me.
"Look! At! That!" She said dramatically. I let out a sigh of relief and then a laugh.
"Baby, that's normal. Remember we talked about this?"
"Oh yeah, but mommy I can't walk around like this. It's kinda embarrassing." She let out a sigh and put her legs down.
"Come with me." I grabbed her hand gently and took her into my bathroom.
"What are we doing mama?"
"I'm going to show you how to shave your legs." She looked a bit horrified as she saw me take out the razor and shaving cream.
"It isn't scary at all. Now sit on the edge of the tub."
"Okay."
"Wet your legs with some warm water so it'll be easier to shave. Then pat it dry." She did so quietly and smiled.
"Mama?"
"Yes sweetie?"
"This isn't that scary anymore." I rubbed the gel on her legs and she kept giggling.
"What's so funny?"
"It feels weird." She started shaving as I gave her instructions.
"Look at how smooth it is now!" She wouldn't stop touching her legs. I put my hands on my hips and watched how fascinated my soon to be young lady was.
"Come here." I opened my arms up for a hug and she came willingly.
"You're getting so big. Do me a big favor, and stay sweet."
"I'll try."
"You better. Before we know it you'll start to give me the worst attitude."
"Hahah, that's funny."
"Believe me it's the truth. Now let's go get ready to meet up with daddy and the others."
"Yes mama. Can I shower here?"
"Sure, go ahead. I'll bring your stuff over here."
****
"But I don't want to!"
"Amaya that's enough. Step outside with me." My dad took my sister into a corner and I knew it wasn't going to end well. I just kept chewing on the stick of my lollipop pretending that I didn't hear Amaya's screams. Why is she acting like this, this is so unlike her.... Mama went over to her and tried to talk to her but she wasn't having it.
"Amaya, what's wrong?" She came over to me and cried onto my shoulder. Mama and Dad just kept looking at me. I guess they want me to figure this out.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
"No!" She held onto me tightly and I looked at my parents with a serious face.
"She needs some alone time." I mouthed. Mom and dad lifted their hands up in surrender as I held onto a crying Amaya. Man, I wished you'd tell us what's going on! We're all worried!
"I love you Maya."
"I love you but I can't Allie!"
"Can't what?" She cried more into my shoulder as I continuously asked out of worry.