Gym

"AGH!" I swerved away from the basketball.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine. Barely. It really isn't safe in here guys." I said while messing with my baggy shorts.
"The shorts aren't the best but let's play badminton." We went over to the baskets and grabbed the rackets and birdies and found a somewhat safe spot in the gym.
"Alright I'll serve." Kimberly said. She threw up the birdie and hit it. Joy hit it back with much more force.
"That was nice. Would've been a great streak."
"Sorry I thought Lei was gonna hit it."
"That's fine. I'll serve now." I served and we kept an amazing streak going. This was probably one of the best games we've ever played together. I was running to go hit the ball and then it happened.
"Allie watch out!" The basketball slammed me hard to the side of my face and I slammed the wall even harder. That's when the world started to go black.
"Allllliiiee? Allllliiieee!"
"Omg she's bleedingggggg. I thinkkkk the wallll scratched herrrrrr."
"Stayyy With uss Alllieee."
*******
"Mommy!" My mother picked me up and gave me a huge kiss.
"Why do you look like you've been crying?"
"Was not."
"You were. What is it?"
"I already told you!"
"Your brother would never touch you like that! How many times do I have to say that Allison? It's just your imagination."
"No it's not. He really hurt me!"
"Stop lying! Go to your room young lady." I ran back into my room and cried.
"Hey Allie."
"NOOOO! PLEASE NOOOOO!!"
*****
"STOPPPPP! PLEASE NOO."
"You're alright. No one is hurting you. It was just a dream."
"What happened?" I asked in-between tears.
"You got hit by a basketball and when you hit the wall a piece of metal scraped you. Look at your elbow." I looked at it and saw the stitches.
"Was I asleep the whole time?"
"Yep. You were fighting like crazy. I got concerned."
"I had a dream about my brother and mom." I said while rubbing my head.
"Why is there a bump?" I felt the rest of my face.
"Sweetie."
"HALF OF MY FACE FEELS LIKE A BALLOON. DONT TELL ME ITS BLACK AND BLUE TOO. I can't go to school like that!" I cried. This was terrible! Mama watched me with a look of sadness in her eyes.
"I look so ugly." I turned around on the bed and screamed. Why me?
"You're still my beautiful girl Allie."
"No I'm not. I'm a freak."
"Come." Mama sat on the bed and opened her arms for me.
"Thank you Mama. Mama, I'm scared to sleep. What if I have another nightmare?"
"Do you want me to sleep with you? But aren't I getting too old for that? Don't you wanna sleep with daddy?"
"I don't mind sleeping with you if it means that you'll sleep comfortably."
"Really?"
"Yes of course."
"I still feel a bit embarrassed about it."
"There's nothing to be embarrassed of. You sleep by yourself the majority of the time anyways, this is just one night because you really need the support."
"Alright Mama."
***
"Dad."
"Yes?"
"Why do you Mama always say that I'm pretty everyday now since the incident?"
"Because you are pretty and you need to be reminded of that."
"But what about if the person still doesn't feel pretty."
"Allie. You're beautiful no matter what."
"Do I have to go to school today?"
"Are you feeling brave today?"
"No. Not at all. I just wanna go to sleep and never wake up. Matter of a fact- I'm convinced that this is all a dream! On an realistic note- wheres Anne?"
"On vacation."
"There was no once else to stay home with me?"
"You know I'm not working right now. Did you want me to work?"
"Well no. I just thought you'd rather be outside then wasting your time with me. A terrible, negative moody person."
"I'd rather Be with you over anything else."
"Wow. Thanks dad."