The New Addition

Mariska POV
"Who's that girl over there?" I asked to assistant, while tugging Peter's hand.
"That's Allie. She's been here for three years, she's eight years old. I shall warn you she's very quiet but once you get to know her she's quite bubbly." The assistant smiled and took us over to her.
"Hey Al, we have some people here who would like to talk to you."
"Hi Allie, I'm Mariska and this is my husband Peter." I held out a hand to her with my hargi-smile.
"Hi Mariska, Hi Peter." She shook our hands gently.
"Whatcha doing there?"
***Allie POV***
"I'm just drawing Sir." I didn't look them in the eyes because I was a bit shy. After a minute I finally had the bravery to ask:
"Aren't you guys on TV?"
They both laughed and said,"Yes!" We continued to talk, they asked me about my favorite food, and things that I like. Nobody has ever paid attention to me like that before, well nobody except the assistant.
"Okay, Allie we're going to see you in a few hours. Make another drawing for us okay?"
"I'll try Ms.Mariska. Bye bye."
"I think they're going to adopt you
Al. Usually when they ask questions like that they want to keep you." Blake said. I nodded and smiled.
"If you go I'm going to miss you so much! You're my best friend." I laughed and hugged him for a really long time.
****
"You're coming home with us Allie!" Peter and Mariska said. They had these big balloons and a present with blue wrapping. My favorite color.
"Thank you Mrs.Mariska and Mr.Peter!" I cried and we had a group hug. When we were walking through the building several people were congratulating and waving. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable but I understand that they were just being kind. When we got to the car Mr.Peter opened the door for me and handed me my present.
**Mariska POV**
It makes me happy to see how me and Peter are changing a little girls life. She had nothing and now she's going to have a permanent roof over her head, and a family who will love and care for her. "Mrs.Mariska?"
"Oh please Allie, just call me Mom or Mommy."
"Mommy, I need to do something." I looked at Peter with a face of confusion. I've never heard August say that and they are close in age.
"Do what?"
"It's just something I do in privacy. I have to do it when I get to your house. I really need to.."
"Uhh, okay sweetie. Is everything alright?" She nodded and she unbuckled her seatbelt.
"Here it is, home sweet home!" Peter and I led her in where Amaya, August, and Andrew yelled "Welcome home!"
Allie shivered but she gave a smile and said thank you over and over again. "You're gonna really stay?" August and Amaya asked out of curiosity.
"Yes, I am."
"Allie let me show you your room." We went upstairs and I led her to the door that said,"Allie's Room" in pretty silver letters.
"I did a lot of research and hopefully I got everything right!"
**Allie POV**
She opened the door to beautiful light blue room:

"I did a lot of research and hopefully I got everything right!"**Allie POV**She opened the door to beautiful light blue room:

"I really like it!" I said as I looked at the toys and clothes.
"I'm glad you do honey." I shivered at the hearing of that word. My smile dropped and I went to go hide under the bed.
"What's wrong?"
"Can I be alone for 5 minutes please?"
"What happened Allie?"
"Nothing. I need to go," But I couldn't. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug.
"Allie. Don't lie to me, what's wrong?" She was holding my hands now and was staring into my soul.
"It was just a memory. I'm fine mom."
****
The next morning I got up and I went to go brush my teeth. I heard noise coming from downstairs so I decided to go check on that. When I reached the end of the staircase I said,"Good Morning everyone."
"Morning Allie! What do you want to eat?"
"Allie look at my doll!"
"I'm not hungry. Your doll is pretty just like you Amaya!"
Amaya giggled and gave me a hug. She's so sweet. "You need to eat something."
"No thank you, I'm going to go to my room now ."  I announced while sprinting back upstairs. I made my bed up and sat on the floor.
"I don't know what to do!" I whispered.
"About what?"
I turned around to see my dad there. I sighed and said,"It's a secret sir." I lowered my head.
"Call me daddy. What's the secret? I won't get angry I promise." I started to cry as soon as he said that. I backed away from him and put my head between my knees.
"Allie you can tell me what it is."
"No no no no! I can't."
"Would you feel better if Mom was here too?"
"NOOO!" I kicked over my toys and screamed,
"GO AWAY. STOP IT NOW. I DONT LIKE IT!!"Mr. Peter got up and ran away yelling,"
Mariska!!"
**Mariska POV**
"Breathe. Deep breaths." We had to remove the little kids because they didn't need to see this and become scared.
"Are you feeling better?" I nodded and let my head sink. Peter rubbed her back and She shivered again.
"Sorry. I'm just not used to it."
"That's okay? Do you want me to stop."
"I guess."
"Allie, did something happen to make you this upset?"
She nodded. "Tell me what happened so I could help you."
"It doesn't even matter." She said with a slight attitude.