To Be Jolli?

"You probably do believe him! I thought you said that you trusted me Dad?! I guess that isn't so true." I left and I went into my room.
"Can't you knock?!" She was changing.
"Sorry."
"Wait, are you okay?"
"Yeah, wanna watch some Netflix with me?"
"Sure." I wanted to get my mind of the fact that my dad was doubting me. I grabbed my computer and put it on my bed and we fought over what show to watch. Whether it was appropriate or inappropriate and whether it was babyish or just right. We finally settled on a show and we watched it while eating our hidden stash of candy.
"Let's watch the next episode." I heard footsteps and we licked our fingers and put the candy away.
"Allie-" my dad said while opening the door. We looked up and he lowered his head a little.
"I'll let you guys watch your little show." He gave us both kisses and went back downstairs. When we knew he was gone gone we let out a sigh.
"That felt like a whole year. Let's continue watching."
"Agreed sister."
*******
Mama's Room
"You're going out?"
"I'm going to work."
"I didn't know you were going to work."
"When am I not going to work?"
"I don't know, when are you?" This was a bit of a dry convo and I was prepared to leave it.
"Hey, don't go yet. Sit your butt down."
"What have I done now?"
"Nothing. I just don't want you doing anything mischievous."
"Like what? What could I possibly do?" She smiled and I sat there confused.
"It's too late to talk to Joshy Mama."
"Okay, let's go with that." We both laughed and she gave me a kiss.
"I can't say that I don't want to talk to him though."
"Can I ask you a question about you two?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"How far have you guys gone?"
"Not that far. We said that'd we'd wait to do certain things."
"How long?"
"8th, because we don't know if we'll be together in high school." She nodded and sat down.
"Remember what we talked about."
"I will. It's not like I'm doing anything major anyways. I promise."
"I gotta get going. Go to your room my love."
"Alright Mama. Good night."
"Night. Kisses." I gave her a hug and a kiss and went to my room. Amaya was pretending to be asleep because I promised her that'd we continue to watch our show.
"Can we watch it now?" She whispered.
"No, we gotta wait for Mama to leave."
"Girls, go to sleep. Don't give your father a hard time." She opened the door to see a "sleeping Amaya" and a "loving sister" watching her little sister sleep.
"Oh, it's just you that's awake."
"I can't fall asleep." I smiled and she left. Amaya looked at me and I put my finger on my lip.
******
Starbucks with Josh
"I'll come home as soon as I'm done Dad. No, it's okay. Daddy, I can manage." I laughed and hung up.
"Okay, so what would you like to do?"
"I'm in the mood for some Jollibee. Their food is great."
"What's a Jollibee?!"
"How could you not know. Omg, we're going to 42 street ASAP!"
"Woah! I thought you were just talking about going home with your Dad, I don't wanna get in deep trouble with him."
"Relax, I said I'll come home as soon as I'm done with everything."
"Alright then, take me to this Jollibee place." We finished our drinks and then took the 1 to the Q train down.
"We're here."
"Pretty small."
"This is Manhattan Joshua. Find us a table, and I'll go order."
"Sure will Miss Bossy." I observed the menu and decided that we should share a chicken dippers meal and then we could both have our own separate chicken sandwich meal. I took the buzzer to our table and we talked for the meanwhile.
"I hope this food is good. It cost me 22 dollars."
"It's good, trust me."
"Go get it, it's buzzing." I picked up our tray and carried it back to our table.
"Wow, looks good. What's that thing in that box?"
"Just wait and see." I took some pictures and then I let Josh open the box.
"Chicken and rice? Interesting."
"Then you're supposed to dip it in this gravy, it tastes like Nissin ramen. It's so good." I took the spoon and ate a spoonful of rice.
"Tastes pretty good." He commented. He broke off a piece of tender and dipped it in the gravy.
"Wow, the gravy does taste like cup noodles."
"Don't eat it all fatty." We continued to eat and call each other fat. I could feel my face getting red as we left the place.
"Let's go home now."
"Agreed. When I got home I showered and sat down in my room holding a pillow to my chest and smiling. I couldn't wait until 8th grade. There are days where it gets harder and harder to hold back from doing certain things. I made a promise to myself to control myself and wait until 8th grade. That can't be so hard, am I right?!
********
5 Months later (May)
"It's weird knowing that we technically weren't learning actual algebra and we were learning only bits and pieces."
"And yet we still called it algebra." I said to Joy.
"Can you believe that in about a month 6th grade will be over and we'll be 7th graders? It'll make us a bit cooler. We're almost to the top, we can't get bossed around as much."
"If you say so! I think things will still be the same. We'll get harassed by the new eighth graders either way."
"Nah, they're pretty cool with all of us. Hey, aren't you excited that August is finally gonna be gone and not being bad attention to you?!"
"I'm really excited. My parents are sending him to another school in hopes that he'll be much better.
"Is there any hope for August?"
"Well I mean he has been doing his therapy and talking more. I think he'll be just fine."
"How about you? Are you feeling okay?"
"I am actually, I still have nightmares and some bad days every once and a while but I'm okay. It's something that'll never go away, but I found out how to enjoy life and deal with my issues at the same time."
"That's great Allie. I'm proud of you."
"Thank you." We kept eating our popsicles, (we were both on our third one.) We looked out at the street in front of us and watched people walk down the the vibrant Amsterdam avenue and laughed at the way some people were dressed and some of the accidents that occurred.
"Wanna get some ice cream?"
"Duh, it's so hot!"