Why?

She eventually came out in long pajama pants and a short sleeved top.
"Allie where did you get them from? Did those come in anytime since you arrived here?"
"No I had those since I left the place. I just tried to cover them up. That's why I wore those shorts to my knee instead of those other things you had for me."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because I didn't need to. I barely even know you yet. Plus, I don't like telling people stuff much anyways." Allie had a point. We couldn't expect her to tell us much, she just came here shy of a week ago.
"Okay. I'll respect that. Is there anything that I can do?"
"Not really." She said while climbing into her bed. She grabbed a book from her bedside table and started to read it.
"Alright, good night sweet pea. You have school tomorrow, don't stay up too late." I hugged her and she flinched.
"Sorry. Good night Mariska." She turned away. It was weird how she didn't say mom. But I decided not to bug any further. She was calm in this moment, that's all that mattered.
******
*Allie's POV*
I played with my food to pass the time. I really didn't want to go to school, but I had no other choice. "It's gonna be okay. 4th grade isn't that hard."
"Whatever." I got up and went back to my room. In my old school people used to bully me. Teachers didn't do anything about it and it got worse. Not to mention the stuff that was going on at home already at that time.
"Allie, can you help me with my hair?" Amaya said. I went over to her and looked at her hair. It was in a bun that needed to be brushed and redid or braided.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Braids like yours." She had a big smile on her face. She sat and I braided her her into two boxer braids as quickly as I could. When I was done I took her to the mirror.
"Thank you!! I really like it." She ran downstairs to go eat breakfast since we had to leave in 20 minutes. I looked at my hair in the mirror, and took out my braids.
"Kids let's go!!" Our dad said.
*******
"Hi, my name is Allie Hermann. Nice to meet you all." I said shyly.
"Can you tell us a little more about where you're from?" The teacher said. People always do that when they see my tan skin and multi colored hair.
"My dad is French, and my mom is from the Ivory Coast. So yeah a lot of French."
"Can you speak French?" A girl asked.
"Yeah. Just not right now." After all of the introducing I went to go sit down in my seat and started to inspect my work.
"Hi I'm Joy. You can work with me."
"Thank y-you Joy. So what are we supposed to do?"
"Find things that will match it. Don't worry I'll help you."
*******
"How was school?" The nanny asked us all.
"Okay."
"Fine."
"It was sooo much fun."
"I colored in a truck today."
My answer was very honest. It was an okay day. I made a friend but I still don't feel very happy there. While I was doing my homework mom came home from her last day of filming. I heard everyone saying hi and congratulating her. But I didn't feel like going down stairs.
I soon heard a faint knock on my door. "Allie?"
"Yes mom?"
"I'm coming back to check on you after I take a shower."
"Sure."
*******
Mariska's POV
I try to have a little bonding time with Allie every night but today she was acting even stranger then usual.
"So how about we have a little date Saturday?"
"No."
"Are you upset about having therapy tomorrow?"
"No." Her eyes were starting to water.
"Allison. What is it?" She broke into tears. It makes me so sad that I can't help her. No matter how hard I try.
"GET OFF ME GO AWAY, I DONT LIKE THAT STOP IT."
"It's just a flashback, you're okay. Deep breaths."
"S-stop." She whispered calming down. I handed her some water and she took a small sip.
"Sorry Mariska."
"Why did you stop calling me mommy?"
"Just because. Can we just play a game or something." She was clearly trying to change the topic.
"That's not going to work on me. What is up?"
"I just don't feel like calling you that right now. You're making me sad. Can you please stop!!"
******
*Allie's POV*
Mom did not know that I was thinking about my parents and it just felt wrong to call her that in the time being.
"Don't raise your voice at me."
"JUST GO AWAY!! YOU'RE MAKING ME UPSET LEAVE!!!"
"I'm going to get your father, this is unacceptable."