Troubles

I feel as if I'm losing my daughter. She doesn't smile when I tell her things anymore. She kind of just stares blankly and checks her phone. Why does she give Peter all of this love and won't give the same to me? I started to get ready because I had to go meet with a designer.
"Allie, you need to shower and get dressed."
"I already showered."
"Well get dressed then."
"K." She went to go put on her clothes and I looked at the floor. No love for Mama anymore?
"She's growing up." I wast ready for the day and I decided we'd grab brunch later today. Maybe we could actually get somewhere in a conversation?
**********
Months Later (March) (East Hampton, New York) (Mariska's Perspective)
"Amaya, are you ready?"
"Yes, Mama!" She put on her bracelet and pulled her hair back behind her head.
"Sweetheart you look gorgeous."
"Thanks, Mama! Can we go now? Samira's going to be there at the pop-up shop too! I can't wait to see her again!"
"Alright, we're going in a few minutes babe. Just let me put on some lipstick." I put it on quickly and sprayed Maya with perfume.
"Achoo!"
"Bless you! Let's go now, sweetheart." As I drove through East Hampton my lovely 10-year-old daughter was smiling to herself in the back seat. I wondered was going through her mind as she tapped her knees impatiently.
"You okay back there my sweetheart?"
"Yes, I just can't wait to see my friend."
"We're almost there sweetheart, it'll be just a minute." I was a bit melancholy. I wanted Allison to come and enjoy this moment as well. But, she hasn't been the nicest lately... To me or anyone else...
Flashback
"You just kept bothering me!"
"How am I bothering you?!" Peter retorted.
"You keep coming in here and asking me questions! I don't want to talk to anyone about anything! You guys can never leave me alone! Stay out of my room and out of my business!"
"Allison Maya Hermann, you will not speak to me that way! Do you understand me?! You are grounded, young lady. Give me your phone."
"No."
"Allison, give me your phone right now."
"No, IM NOT GOING TO!"
****************
Senlis Pop-up Shop (Wainscott, New York) (Amaya's Perspective)
I was having a lot of fun at this place. I was making bouquets with the other girls and bracelets while Mom was busy looking at the clothes. It's what she does best I guess?
"Amaya, come here sweetheart!" I walked over and I already knew what was going to happen. Pictures. I don't think Mama knows that I don't really like taking pictures too much, it's a bit embarrassing, especially when it's shots of me picking my nose, not looking at the camera, and not being ready for a photo. Look at all of my pictures from when I was little. It just proves what I'm talking about!
"Yes, Mama?"
"Come and take a picture with Auntie Katie, Samantha, and Kelly."
"Sure..." I said with the fakest smile. I had to at least be happy. It's better than being home with Allie, she's just plain rude!

 It's better than being home with Allie, she's just plain rude!

"They're precious!" Katie said.
"Excuse me, Mama?" I held her hand to show her that what I had to say was really important and she stopped talking.
"What is it, Maya?"
"I was just wondering if I could tell you something. Maybe not right now but later?"
"Of course baby. Is that all?"
"Basically. I'm going to go talk to my friends now,"
"Alright, have fun pumpkin."
*************
Our Townhome (Allison's Perspective)
So to put it in very simple, understandable terms....I'm grounded. No phone, laptop, television, none of that. But there was a catch. If I talked to Daddy, he'd consider giving me back the privilege to one of these devices. Which one?! I don't know, but I didn't feel like talking to him. Maybe, just maybe, I could talk to him when the season changes to summer. Aha! That's it! I won't talk to Dad for the rest of spring! But wait, Amaya's birthday is coming up. We have to talk then when it comes to brainstorming presents!
"This is pain!" I muttered. I was the only kid that was INSIDE. I wanted to be out with my friends.
"You've been in here for approximately 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'd think you'd come downstairs after an hour." I turned away and my father sat down on the bed.
"Allison, I get it."
"You get what now?!"
"I get it. It's hard."
"You don't even know what I'm going through!"
"You're right, I don't. So help me understand what you're going through." I did not understand why Dad was so into this right now. I didn't reply and he sat a bit closer.
"I know that you're becoming a teenager in a couple of months, I know that your body is changing and hormones are raging, but you can still talk to Dad when you're angry, Mom too. She's really hurt by your behavior. With that being said, just because you're experiencing these changes doesn't excuse your behavior towards me or anyone else in this family." I looked down at my nails and he lifted up my chin.
"Do not sit there and try to ignore me, young lady."
"I'm not," I said quietly.
"You could at least track me as you do the teachers in school." I tracked him and he stopped speaking for a moment.
"Is there something that you need to inform me  of?"
"No, sir."
"Seriously?" He was getting angry.
"You don't have to yell at me again. I get it Dad. I get it. You're already starting to get mad."
"Rightfully so. We just sat here and talked about your behavior and you're continuing the same behavior that I was talking to you about,"
"No, you went on a rant, a one-sided conversation about how I'm going through puberty and that it doesn't excuse my attitude, but I should still tell you anyway because the invasion of privacy is nothing." Daddy didn't know what to say. I think he was speechless. Mostly because he's never heard me speak in such a fashion. And then secondly, because I actually told him off without yelling. It's a first for me too.
"Invasion of privacy? How am I invading your privacy?"
"By being here right now."
"You know what, I can't get through to you. I'm going to tell Mariska and you guys can talk it through because I don't know what to do anymore. You think that you can't have the conversations we used to have."
"I never said that Daddy."
"You don't have to say it, Allison. Your actions speak louder than your words at this point." That stung. Bad. He left the room and I swallowed my tears. I didn't mean to make him upset.
***************
Driving Back To The City (Mariska's Perspective)
"Hey, Peter! How's everything."
"Am I on speaker?"
"Yes, I'm driving babe."
"Take me off, please. Can you pull over for a minute?"
"Of course. What's wrong?" I asked as I pull over to the side of the road and stepped out of the vehicle. I closed the car door and locked it. Just in case any crazy people decided to come near the car. I didn't want anyone to talk to Amaya or even worse, try to grab her. People are crazy in this world.
"Babe. What's up?"
"It's Allison."
"What about her. Have you guys talked?"
"I attempted to have a conversation with her. She doesn't want to talk to me about things anymore."
"I thought you guys were close."
"We are but, she's becoming a teen M. She keeps talking back, and not answering questions. I don't know how to handle it. She hasn't been this fussy in years."
"I'll talk to her when I get home. Hopefully, we can get whatever it is out of her and we can go back to being a happy family." I sighed and looked at Amaya who was bobbing her head to the music in the car. She's next.

Pt.2 coming soon~