Being Truthful Pt.2

"That's really nice of him. But, let's not get off topic here, I want to talk to you about this morning. Because I have the feeling that you'll tell me the truth more than August would right now. I know you would, wouldn't you?"
"Yeah of course mama."
"So tell me exactly happened on the way to school this morning."
"We left after taking some pictures and we ran into Emma Glaydes, that's August's girlfriend by the way and-"
"Girlfriend?!!"
"Yes, Mama you're holding my hand really tightly."
"Oh I'm sorry, but continue."
"I said hi to her and stuff and I said hurry up because we needed to meet up with Joy at her house. And he says something along the lines of Go on without me. I made a face at him that meant what are you doing, he said just go on and that not to tell you about it."
"Really now?"
"Yes Mama."
"That's very interesting to know, thanks for being honest with me even though August told you not to. You're so sweet." She pulled me in for a hug and I hugged her back.
"You're not in any trouble so I don't want you feeling guilty anymore, okay?"
"Sure Mama." I went under her covers and laid my head on her stomach.
"Sweet girl, don't you think it's time for bed? School's tomorrow."
"I'll sleep right here. Plus mama I'm glad this wasn't one of those talks. I'm still scarred for life."
"I told you the facts. Well the facts that you needed to know, there's still more to talk about. We just covered the basics."
"Ohh no. Plus I heard school is going to talk about this stuff too ew." Mom glared at me and then laughed.
"Wouldn't you rather hear about it from me then?"
"Yeah duh, you're my mama!"
"Okay, so next time I call you in here be ready."
"Alright. Heheh."
"Now come on sleep, your dad isn't going to be too happy about you being here. I have to make up an excuse in order for you to stay."
"Deal."
*****
I woke up the next morning to see my dad next to me.
"Daddy?"
"Mhmm. Time to get up. I'm dropping you littles off today."
"W-what about Auuugggie?" I said while yawning.
"Suspension, and he's grounded."
"Oh. Is mama at work?"
"Yes, August took her off early so she has extra to do."
"Alright, I'm going to go shower and help Amaya with her hair and stuff. I'll be done in maybe 25 mins?"
"Alright Al." I was showered and dressed in about 15 or so minutes. I settled on a mustard yellow sweatshirt, ripped jeans, and my ochre vans. I gave Amaya her French braids and ran downstairs to grab a bar. Dad inspected my outfit as I poured myself some orange juice.
"Allison, What are those?"
"Ripped jeans."
"Who bought you those?"
"Mom. Do you not like them?"
"The rips are on your thigh.."
"My knee also."
"Isn't that breaking your dress code?"
"Nope. They're small."
"Hmm okay. Just don't let me see you with anymore rips then the amount you have on right now, anything more is unacceptable."
"Okay daddy. Whatever makes you happy. I'm just experimenting."
"Hmm."
"What if I wore makeup daddy?" My dad nearly choked on his morning coffee. Oops, maybe it was too early for this stuff.
"Allie, you don't need makeup."
"I know, but like lipstick and mascara, eyeliner."
"Don't need any of it."
"Yeah you don't need make up sissy."
"Exactly Amaya."
"I feel like middle school is making you grow up. Don't grow up too fast Allie." My dad kissed me on my forehead and made toast for the littles.
"I just realized I don't have a lunch! Dad, are you gonna eat that leftover sandwich in the fridge?"
"No, go ahead and take it. Put 2 snacks in also Allie." My parents are always on me about eating. But I don't complain I know it's just because they want me to be healthy.
"Packed." I said confidently.
"Alright littles you'll just have to eat in the car, let's go." Everyone rushed out of the house and into the car.
****
"I think that maybe you should start from left to right. I don't know." My teacher looked at me with concern.
"Okk. What about this one?"
"What one?" I saw her hands moving towards this figure that was a number. But I wasn't sure which one it was.
"Isn't that a... umm.." I got up and went closer to the board and realized that it was a 4.
"It's a four, so you need to multiply everything within the bracket by four." I went back and sat down.
"I think you need glasses." Joy whispered to me.
"I know. I just haven't said anything to my parents yet. I'll tell them today." I continued writing down my notes and doing my class work. Weird, how your eyesight could completely ruin your grade, luckily I have amazing friends who didn't mind lending me their glasses so I could get through the day. It's nice being practically everyone's friend.
"Allie can I ask you something?"
"Sure Joy, is anything wrong?"
"No not all, I just wanted to ask you about your brother."
"He's suspended and grounded."
"Oh, well uh people are talking about him.."
"THEY ARE?"
"Shh. They were making rumors about him. I just thought I'd tell you before people come to you."
"I don't think people know I'm his sister yet."
"Well they're gonna find out soon."
"How?"
"For one they may ask a 6th grader, and also the end of month award ceremony is coming up. You've been doing good in your classes so you may have a shot."
"True."
"What were they saying about him though?"
"They were saying that because you guys are rich and stuff nothing probably happened to him, and oh He made out with his gf Emma and did some stuff."
"Inappropriate stuff?" She nodded. She knows what happened to me also so she tried to avoid the topic. She doesn't like seeing me unhappy.
"Don't worry I'm not having flashbacks or anything. But wow, I know it's just a rumor, but they maybe did make out while they skipped school."
"How do you know?"
"I've seen them make out before. I didn't tell mom that..."
"When you get home you better tell them that."
"Yeah, but also you know what? I know it's just rumors but, I believe he would really do stuff like that. Since I've seen him kiss her and feel up on her, but I didn't tell mama and daddy. I thought it wasn't any of my business you know?"
"Yeah I see what you're talking about. Let's talk more during lunch. Class is almost over." The bell rung and everyone rushed out of the room.
***
"This sandwich is really good, thanks Al."
"No problem Josh, eat up you have practice later." Watching him eat made me feel satisfied strangely.
"Allie are you ready for Saturday? We're going to have so much fun."
"Yes I can't wait!" My friend didn't respond which was when, I finally understood why when I heard,
"Are you Allie?"
"Yes. Do you need anything?"
"What happened to your brother? Is it true that he slept and made out with Emma Glaydes?"
"Uhh, maybe ask him when he comes back next week, I don't know and it isn't in my place to talk about." She weirdly nodded and went back to he table.
"You handled that well, that's the start of many more to come." All I could think about was that phrase and question for the rest of the day.