I love you - Carter Baizen

y/n's pov:

Today is the day I was going to tell Carter I was in love with him. We've been dating for 6 months now and the words have never come out of either of our mouths. Carter has always kept our relationship in the dark, claiming 'it was for our own good considering gossip girl'. Whenever asked if he was in a relationship he would comment 'no comment' or 'next question'. I always looked at it as a kind gesture, he didn't want me to get hurt. 

  We were making a public appearance as 'friends', once again. He had his arm over my shoulder as we walked through the park. The cameras soon gathered around us, with Carter yelling at them to back up and go away, they soon followed their instructions. They seemed far enough for me to spill my heart out to Carter. "I love you, Carter," I say and he freezes, his eyes locked on the people behind us. "What?" He asks coldly while sighing, I felt my heart drop. I let out a 'tsk' as I felt my heart shatter. I shrug his arm off my shoulders, the tears wealing up at the brim of my eyes. His eyes made contact with mine, his expression softened. "y/n, I-"

  I cut him off.

  "Leave me alone Carter. Don't talk to me ever again." I say with my tears rolling down my face, walking away from where we were standing. "y/n wait!" He called behind me but I ignored him and continued to walk. I couldn't believe he did this to me. He was right, the article rolled in...

  'TEARS IN THE PARK?'
A sad y/n seen leaving Carter Baizen alone at the park. Claims of her telling him she loved him turned horrible and he turned her down. How could Carter Baizen turn down the one and only, beautiful y/n? We'll see the drama go down, but this is all we're left off with for now. xoxo, Gossip Girl.

  It's been a couple of days, I ignored every one of his calls, having missed around 56 at this point. When the 57th came around, I decided it was best to just block him. I once again heard my notifications go off once again, it angered me. But a different name appeared on my phone:

  Nate Archibald.

  'Hey, I saw the gossip girl post. Carter has done both of us dirty, let's get revenge.'

------------------------------

a/n: I liked the idea from my preference about who says they loved you first so this is inspired by that. Also, I'm changing the format of my writing so there are no more backstories. Let me know if you guys want a part two!:) -j
word count: 463