Getting hurt during a mission (Bucky) pt. 2

Imagine

Back story: You and Bucky are dating and were part of The Avengers. You guys were on a mission. And Bucky gets hurt.

{a/n: a long-awaited second part was requested to this story so here I am writing it! enjoy! <3)

y/n's POV:

It has been a month, a whole month and that day still plays in the back of my head. The images of the knife going in and out of his body, his body hitting the floor. Those words that came out his mouth while I felt his body go lifeless, "I love you y/n, okay? I love you. Please don't ever forget that." The Avengers house has been pretty quiet. I barely came out of my room, the one I shared with Bucky and he's not here. 

No, Bucky wasn't dead but his memories were faded. He was in a coma for two weeks because of how much blood he lost, but the day he woke up will forever scar me. 

"Buck, I'm so happy you woke up. I was so worried, don't ever do that to me again. I can't live without you." I practically threw myself onto him. "I'm sorry, d-do I know you?" My heart shattered, he didn't remember me. "I'm y/n, y-your girlfriend. Come on don't do this Buck. Please." The tears were running down my face, he just looked at me puzzled. "Y/n I think we should go outside for a second," Steve states pulling me away. "No Steve, please, I have to stay. No, no, no!" I yell, tears still running down my face as Steve throws my body over his shoulder. "Steve put me down! Please!" I yelled as he was taking me out of the room, I was kicking and screaming but he was too strong compared to me. 

It's been a couple of weeks since then. Torture, walking through the house knowing Bucky didn't remember me or our relationship. 

A knock at my door pulled me out of my thoughts. I jumped while making eye contact with Steve. "I think you should eat." He plainly states and I shrugged. "And I told you to leave me alone but we both aren't going to get what we want, huh?" I rudely responded. He frowned. "I hope you understand why I pulled you out of the room that day." He says walking into the room and sitting next to me on my bed. I nodded, "Of course, I shouldn't have acted like that no matter what the consequences were." 

He soon convinced me to eat after having our little conversation.

"Want me to make you a sandwich?" Steve asks me and I nod. We're currently in the kitchen, I'm on my phone and he's trying to make me some food. "Can you make me one too?" A voice states behind me, I froze. I could recognize that voice from a mile away, it belonged to the one and only, James Buchanan Barnes. "I'm going back to my room," I say quickly getting out of my chair without making eye contact. I felt a hand grab my wrist, "Y/n wait!" Bucky says but he freezes before he can form another sentence, his grip never leaves. He's looking directly at my face, I raise my eyebrow in question. 

"I-I remember everything," Bucky states, sending chills running down my whole body. 

"W-what?" I question him, his words took me by shock. "You're y/n y/m/n y/l/n, we've been dating since February 14, 2020. 1 year ago, I asked you out on Valentine's Day, I was so nervous since it was my first date since I started my new life. You have super-soldier serum just like Steve and me, that's what makes you a strong Avenger. I remember everything. And, I remember that I love you." He continues on. It was like I was stuck to the floor, I couldn't move, I was in shock. "You-you remember all that?" I stutter out once again, he lets out a simple nod. 

He pulls me by my gripped arm into a hug, the feeling of his warmth against my body warmed up what felt like my whole body. 

"You really remember me, Buck?" I asked still unsure of the situation. "Yes y/n, I remember everything." He says. That's when my arms immediately wrapped around him. "I missed you so much, Buck," I say as tears started running down my face. "I know doll, I'm so sorry I couldn't remember you." He says and I nod. He lifts my face by my chin to look up at him, he kisses my lips, I haven't felt them in so long. A clear in someone's throat made us separate. "I'm sorry to ruin this moment but I'm still here," Steve says standing there just looking at us. I felt my cheeks heat up, I completely forgot that he was standing there. 

Bucky let out a chuckle, picked me up bridal style, taking me away from my embarrassment.