Awoken Curse..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

***********************************

"The Creature remains undiscovered" Keith muttered with slight pride as he looked to the silent battleground, each and every soldier slaughtered and soon the sand would forever hide their bodies.

"And what of this one?" One of the Magi members spoke up, nodding towards Takashi in the distance who wobbly ran, never wanting to find out what laid under the sand, even if it saved him from the Magi.

Keith glanced to Takashi, watching his retreating body from the lost city and looking half dead already. The desert would clearly take him before night fell and that will be one less person they had to worry over finding the evil within the sands.

Keith did raise a surprise eyebrow as he watched Takashi come to a sudden halt, slowly looking over his shoulder and looking straight at them. Acting like a smart but hazardous prey before their hunter.

Meeting with Keith eyes before turning back to look ahead but Keith noticed something, even from the distance. Their was a look in the man eyes, a look that Keith was unsure of it, it had caught his interest and yet he feared the unknown look as well.

This man was a survivor..

"Should we kill him" The Magi member asked as they turned to Keith who kept his eyes on Takashi retreating back.

"No" Keith answered without thinking, this man had caught his attention and he wouldn't just allow his blood to fall on a khopesh blade.

"The desert will kill him" Keith added on, he'll leave this strange man life in the hands of the gods. If he survived, clearly he was meant to meet this man again and if he died within the dessert, he'll only be a disappointment to him.

Three Years Later,

At Hamunaptra - 1926...

"Has anyone seen Slav?" Matt asked as he walked over to where their small group made camp, a fire burning in the centre with their group sat around. They were only a team of five, him, Slav, Morvok, Baujal and Hepta. 

"He went off to the bucket to do his business last time I heard of him" Hepta simply asked, going back to eating his soup without a single care over their tour guide.

"What are you talking about, he was checking the horses when I passed him" Baujal lightly argued back as he lifted his gaze from the fire to Hepta who only shrugged.

"I'll go check on him, for our paid tour guide he keeps disappearing on us. He hasn't helped us much and I still want to go inside the ruins. He promised to show the way in and yet, it's been two full days since we arrived. Just when is he going to keep up with his part of the deal" Matt mumbled out with a frown, his hands on his hips as he glanced around the best he could as it was mostly too dark to see anything ahead. The sand on his glasses weren't helping much either but he'd clean them again later. 

"I agree that we should push the man into showing us the way in already. I want to explore inside already and search for the greatest treasure inside" Morvok commented, impatient over wanting to gain his hands on the one thing he came here for. 

"I'll go speak with him, he is a bit jumpy. Maybe he's not got fond memories of this place or something, he hasn't told us how he found this place before" Matt comment with a sigh before walking off to find their paid tour guide. 

But as he walked along, looking for Slav who had long ridden off on a horse to escape the place. His full paid money in his pockets along with some tools and other money he's stolen from the rest why they weren't around. 

Matt would took notice over their only being three horses left out of the five brought but his eyes fell towards an open door. His legs moving without thinking and he lit up a torch before heading inside. Calling out their missing tour guide name thinking he was the only one left around to have opened the door. 

Walking around and glancing down as his foot kicked something metal. He kneeled down, picking it up and found it to be a strange metal star shaped object. Keeping hold of it a little longer in case it could become helpful a little later. 

Coming to a stop as he heard a strange mur in the distance and headed down towards it. His bravery starting to lessen with each step. Feeling the air become colder and all his hairs started to stand. 

He came to a stop, no longer wanting to take a single more step and soon rushed back out to the others. Noting them seem to be arguing and hurried over to see what was wrong only to learn that they've learnt over Slav skipping out of them. 

Matt only frowned, tucking the strange metal star into his bag to look over later and for now, worried on calming down the rest of his group. He glanced around, feeling as if someone was watching them but it was just too dark for him to see anyone straight away. Shaking his head over his stupid he was acting, spooking himself so easily after everything he's learnt over and worked on before. 

He was just being silly. 

Oh how he wished he was wrong, if only he checked his companions better or even researched as much as his sister done. 

Than maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have helped to curse the rest of Egypt or have placed his sister life in grave danger.

At least, he'd know she'd be safe as long as the Jars and book was left unfound, the city was already lost long and hopefully, his sister would be long dead before it's found again. 

Because now, the curse was awoken..