One Juicy Mummy..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

(Huge deserving credit towards the mummy scrip for helping me out with this chapter)

**************************************

Shiro, Pidge and Lance race down the labyrinth, slapping at themselves and picking locusts out of their hair. Shiro holding tightly onto the torch in his right hand while his left hand gripped even tighter on Pidge hand as he pulled her along behind him. Lance making up the back, holding his own torch and trying his best to not freak out completely.

"Did you see that!? Grasshoppers! Billions of grasshoppers!" Lance yelled out, still in shock and going a little mad as he tried keeping as calm as one could be. 

"That's one of the plagues, right? The grasshopper plague!" Shiro asked, looking a little bit crazy as he spoke. 

"This is not a plague. It's generational. Every so many years the locusts of Egypt have a population explosion and they all take flight" Pidge argued back as if the two around her were the biggest idiots on earth. 

Pidge steps forward, something squishes. Shiro lowers his torch, only to find the entire floor is filled with slimy frogs. 

"Okay,... and what about frogs?" Shiro quietly asked as they all stared at the squashed frogs beneath their feet.  

For the first real time in Shiro and Lance life, the two heard Pidge complete and horrified scream echo through their ears and almost make them both deaf. Neither had to worry over her safety because she shot down the rest of the hallway so fast that both had to run as fast as they could just to not lose sight of her or worse, lose her. 

All three finally coming to a stop in an hallway where there wasn't any slimy animals underneath them. Pidge mostly squatting down as she struggled to breath. Shiro starting to worry as he knew she was unfit but she shouldn't be this bad. Having Lance push past him before kneeling down and pulling out an inhaler out of his pocket, passing it to her and rubbing smoothing circles in her back. 

"You've got asthma! Why didn't you tell me so sooner? We've literally jumped into a dust filled death hole for you" Shiro cried back in horror over how bad things could have gotten if Lance wasn't around with the inhaler. 

Before a single word could be spoke between any of the three, the ground under Shiro, Pidge and Lance starts to shake. 

Then suddenly, right in front of them, hundreds of chittering scarab beetles boil up out of the sand. Start scurrying towards them. Katie screams. Lance screams. Even Shiro almost screams. 

Shiro moving forward, offering Katie an hand and mostly just flinging her up into the air to stand before doing the same for Lance. His eyes never leaving the scarabs heading towards them. 

They all turn around and haul ass.

The floor under The legs of Anubis,

With Shiro, Lance and Pidge..

"Did we leave that open?" Shiro asked out of the blue as he came to a sudden stop while staring at the Sarcophagus lid on the floor.