A Huge "Told You So"..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

*************************************

Shiro, Pidge and Lance race up the staircase, just ahead of the mass of scurrying, chittering scarabs.

Shiro leaps out onto a pedestal and Lance jumps up next to him.

Pidge jumps up into a grotto on the other side of the narrow stairway.

The horrible herd of vicious scarabs scurries between them, their ear-piercing chitters send shivers up Pidge's spine.

She leans back.

The wall moves.

Pidge falls backwards through an opening.

Shiro and Lance are left to watch the scarabs vanish up the staircase.

Then they look across the way.

Pidge is gone.

"Katie!?" Lance cried out in stomach dropping horror over his vanished sister, dread creeping up him as he thought over the worse and tears started falling freely from his eyes.

Shiro simply staying silent, unable to speak, even to call out for her, as he stared where he was certain she jumped too. He was sure she was safe across them, his heart aching as it couldn't believe that she wasn't alive, wasn't left safe somewhere.

She had to be, he couldn't lose her like this.

With Pidge..

Pidge sits up, shakes the sand out of her hair, fearfully looks around.

It's almost pitch black.

She gets up and feels her way along the dark walls. She rounds a corner.

A shaft of moonlight filters in through a crack in the ceiling.

A man stands in the middle of the room.

Pidge is left with no other choice but to walks towards him.

"Oh thank god, Curtis. I was just starting to get a bit spooked on my own and why I don't think we've had the best start. I think it's good that we're not al- AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Pidge started to say with fear laced in her voice as she hurried over to him, glad she wasn't lost by herself right now before screaming in fright as Curtis turned round and showing himself without any eyes. 

Pidge stumbled back as he blindly wobbled towards her, waving his arms about before failing to speak clearly. 

"My eyes. My eyes" Curtis sobbed out, trying to feel for her as she backed away, scared over what would have done such a thing to him when he was with his friend just a few minutes before. 

Coming to a halt as the hairs on the back of her neck stood up and a low growl echoed behind her. She shakily turned around before screaming in fright all over again as she was faced with the missing mummy. Curtis feeling to his knees in panic somewhere behind her as she tried stepping away from the mummy.

Sweat falling from her forehead and she knew how sweaty her hands truly were as her back met with an wall. Her hands shakily and urgently feeling around to get her baring's once more and feel for a way out.