An unwelcomed Guest..

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

****************************************

Lightning flashes as Shiro races across the compound, knocking several Soldiers out of his way, panic stricken. He only stops in relief as he takes notice over Katie walking ahead, an opened book in one hand that she was reading through while her other hand carried two closed books to start reading afterwards. 

She really was searching for a way to kill the priest. 

Her glasses slipped down to the edge of the nose and she was only focused on the book, nothing else around her at all. She didn't take notice over the passing shoulders or the thunder echoing in the distance. 

Shiro couldn't help the smile that pulled on his lips at the sight, this was her, the real Katie Holt. How could anyone not find her as the most adorable thing alive and turn all gooey every time her nose twitched in frustration over not reading what she wanted to know over. 

Realization smacking across the face once more as thunder echoed closer and he was reminded over why he was urgently trying to track her down moments before. 

"Katie!" Shiro called out desperately as he started to speed up again, racing towards her. 

"Katie" Shiro yelled out a little louder, her nose still deep into the book as she took no notice over anyone or anything around her still. 

"Miss Holt" Shiro decided to say next as he slowed down, almost reaching her. 

"For the last time I told you not to-" Katie started to snap back in annoyance as that finally caught her attention and she spun round, falling silent as she realized who it was. 

"I should have started off with that name first" Shiro grinned back amused as he finally stood to a stop before her and glad all her attention was focused on him. 

"What are you still doing here? I thought you would have left already" Katie asked a little surprised to see him, slight hope in her eyes for a small confession on why he chose to stay, that he'd chose her. 

"Boat doesn't leave until tomorrow" Shiro replied as he knew she would have missed out on Regris passing that bit of intel onwards since she didn't come down to the bar. 

"And you decided to take a simply stroll with me? Why not stay in the bar or mess around with some random girl who'd drool all over you. Why did you come find me?" Katie frowned, completely unamused over his reply and poking at his chest for a real reason on why he was looking for her. She didn't think he'd choose to spend the rest of his last day with her, not after their fight and not when many other ladies would love to keep him company if he asked for it. 

"We've got problems" Shiro admitted with a weak smile as he knew she wouldn't be liking the next set of news he had to pass on. They all thought they had more time and the mummy only proved them wrong. 

"We? I thought only "I" had problems to solve" Katie deadpanned as she raised a mocking eyebrow, remembering how he thought over the whole "we" issue earlier. 

"Look, you can lecture me and get your own back later. But we've got a serious problem" Shiro sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, knowing she'd bite him for that but needing her to act like a grown adult right now. 

Katie lowered her eyebrow, worry filling her expression as she knew something bad must have happened by how panicked and frightful his eyes were. She gave a small nod, showing she'd leave the aftermath of their argument to the side for now and was ready to listen.