Helping a stranger (Ichimatsu x Child!Reader)

Ichimatsu heads slowly back home, the sun already starting to go down. He was spending the whole day with searching for his cat friends and played with them a long time, along with feeding them. 'I hope no one ate my dinner. If Osomatsu did, I'll kill him.'

He hums when his eyes spotting something odd. He glance over to a small girl sitting on the street, hugging her legs close to her chest while leaning a bit against the fence. Ichimatsu raise an eyebrow confused while looking at the child. 'Is she sitting alone outside again? ... Her parents seem to be home though...' He glance at the car before back to the child.

Ichimatsu wants to leave, but he can't shake the uneasy feeling off his shoulders that something bad will happen to her when he just ignores it. 'Where are neighbors anyways, so it won't hurt to let her stay at our place.' He sighs before heading over to her, earning her attention.

"Hey um ... you wanna ... come to my family and uh ... eat there something?" Ichimatsu ask awkward, already cursing himself for asking. Why should a child follow a man they never saw before?

But he tense up when she nods and slowly gets up, looking down to the ground rather sad. Ichimatsu hums and walks with her to his house, opening the door and letting her enter first before he shut it. "Kaasan!?" He calls out and Matsuyo walks out of the kitchen. "Ichimatsu, what's-Oh, who is that?" She ask surprised while looking at the girl.

"It's from our neighbor's the child. She sat outside again, so ... yeah..." Ichimatsu rubs the back of his neck unwell, glancing away. He hopes his mother doesn't think now of him as creep for inviting a little kid over to their place, a house full of adults.

Matsuyo hums and looks worried. "Oh, I see. Well, are you hungry? I made grilled fish today." Matsuyo offers with a smile and she perks up, nodding quickly. Ichimatsu walks to the living room, not looking again at the child. She notice him leaving and quickly follows Ichimatsu, rather nervous, while Matsuyo can't help to smile amused from the scene. It reminds her of how Ichimatsu followed Matsuzou around like that when they were very young.

Ichimatsu sighs and sits down by his place, relieved that his brothers were so stupid and left to eat oden by Chibita. He hums when he notice the child walking inside as well, nervous looking down and sitting suddenly down next to him. Ichimatsu hums and grabs two pillows, before he picks her up with one hand and put her down onto two pillows, so she can reach now the table better while sitting.

"Th-Thank ... you..." She mumbles shyly and Ichimatsu nods with a hum, feeling rather unwell around her, because he doesn't want to make her cry. "Here you go." Matsuyo says softly and place the food down. On a plate lays the grilled fish, in a small bowl is still steaming warm miso soup, in another bowl is radish and in a third bowl lays chopped cabbage with a few other small vegetables.

"What is your name?" Matsuyo ask curious. "O-Oh um ... I-I'm Y/n..." You mumble shyly, glancing at Ichimatsu who eats the same. He grabs the chopsticks and cuts a bit off from the fish before he starts to eat the meat. You glance down to your plate again and at your chopsticks. "That's a very cute name. I wish I had a daughter, then I would had named her like that." Matsuyo sighs with a smile, while Ichimatsu feels like an arrow got shot into his head.

You grab the chopsticks while Matsuyo gets up and returns to the kitchen to eat again. You take one chopstick into your left hand and the other into your right, looking back to Ichimatsu to see if you do it right. Of course he notice this, but he won't do anything and just glance away from you unwell. 'Didn't she learned how to eat with chopsticks? ... Wait, is she too young for that?'

Ichimatsu glance slightly back, a bit surprised when he sees that you can hold the chopsticks with one hand, but they fall down when you try to move them. "Um ... n-need a fork or..?" You shake your head and try it again, but tear up when you fail again. He sighs a bit and says: "You don't ... have to hold them like this ... if it's too hard for you. Hold them ... like this, I guess..." He holds how with one hands the chopsticks and you nod, copying him.

After a bit trying, you manage to eat everything and play now with ESP kitty, smiling happy when it catch the toy all the time. Ichimatsu stayed in the room to watch you while his mother went to the neighbors to scold them.

Ichimatsu hums and grabs the cat toy, gentle swaying it next to you to get your attention. You look to the toy before you stare at it, catching it with both hands and smiling happy. 'She's like a kitty...' Ichimatsu thinks calm and smiles a little, keep playing with you like that, since it seems to make you happy.

While Ichimatsu plays with you, his five brothers returning back home, surprisingly not drunk. "Ichimatsu, die Kaasan made-You kidnapped a child?!" Osomatsu yells and his other four brothers looking as shocked as him. "No, you idiot. She's our neighbor and always sits outside." Ichimatsu grumbles and they calm down again, remembering that they saw you quiet a few times lately.

"And what is she doing here?" Choromatsu ask with a raised brow. "She ate dinner here and Kaasan is scolding our neighbor's for letting her sit outside." Ichimatsu mumbles while you look at the five brothers a bit curious, but stay by his side. "I see. Well, we'll go to bed, so don't be too loud." Todomatsu yawns and heads upstairs. "I will stay here." Osomatsu shrugs, sitting down by the table. Jyushimatsu and Choromatsu heading upstairs as well, while Karamatsu stays downstairs with his two brothers and you.

After an hour, your mother comes over and picks you up, apologizing for you before she grabs your hand and pulls you quick with her back to the house.

Still, Ichimatsu feels like he didn't saw you for the last time at his house.