You bet (Devil!Osomatsu x Reader)

A/N: This story is a bit based from one of my old childhood cartoons. It's based on a novel book from Germany, called "Timm Thaler oder Das verkaufte Lachen" in English "Timm Thaler or the Traded Laughter". I hope you enjoy it and I hope it's not that bad ^^'

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

~Three months ago~
"You want my help, human?" His red glowing eyes staring down at you, sending you a shiver down your spine. "Y-Yes. Please, I will do anything you want." You try to keep the eyecontact to him, not wanting to look weak. He leans a bit back and hums thinking, holding his chin between his thumb and index finger. He snaps his fingers and float down to you, being now right in front of your face. "I want your laughter~."

~Back to normal timeline~
You groan annoyed and look at the date on your calender. In two days, you lost the bet you made to the devil. Why you made a bet with the devil? You did it because your 13 year old brother was about to die. He got hit by a truck driver and was so badly injuried that the doctors said he won't make it. You were so lost that you tried to summon the devil. When it worked, you begged him to help your brother. Of course the devil, named Osomatsu, will not do it without making a deal, so he made a bet to you.

You can make a bet with him two times in a day. If Osomatsu wins in 100 days every single bet you were making to him, you earn your laughter back. At first you didn't thought it won't be such a big lose, but after a bit time you realized that you aren't you without laughing. Trying desperately to make one impossible bet after another, you realized that Osomatsu will not let you win so easily.

If Osomatsu will lose just one bet, you get your laughter back and your brother stays still alive. After 98 days and 196 bets later, Osomatsu still won every bet you were making to him. No matter what it was, you couldn't stop it. He may have one hour for one bet, but he always won in this time. One time you thought you were near to win, but Osomatsu just wanted to play a bit around with you and finished the bet in 59 minutes and 56 seconds.

You kicks pissed a chair away, growling. 'I lost! I lost again! Even when I made a bet with angels, he still won! How could he get one feather from an real angel?! If he would had cheated, the deal would be over already!' You walk in front of your mirror, pulling up your shirt a bit to see the devil print from Osomatsu on your stomach. If this print, invisible for other humans, disappears under 100 days, it means you won.

"Are you looking at the mark of failure~?" Osomatsu coos with a smirk from behind. You narrow your eyes at him while looking in the mirror. Osomatsu chuckles and floats closer to your ear. "Don't look so grumpy~. You still have two days~." You growl quietly to yourself and spin around, wanting to hit Osomatsu. "Whoa~." But he just float back and smirks at you with his red eyes staring down at you. "You know that this wouldn't help you too, right~?"

Since you made this deal, all you felt were hate and anger. You were suffering from the fear of losing your brother and would had do anything to save his life. So why did he took your laughter instead of something else from you?

You click your tongue pissed and turn away from Osomatsu, storming down the hallway and slamming the door from the bathroom shut behind you. Tears in frustration welling up in your eyes. You lean against the door, slowly sliding down to the ground and hugging your legs close to your chest. 'I need to win! I need to win! No matter what! If I can never laugh ... I can't celebrate anything anymore! I'll hurt my little brothers feelings! ... You damn devil! I will win, just wait and see!'

~On the next day~
You didn't made a single bet yet, much to Osomatsu's confusion. He opens the portal to the human world and flies into your apartment, looking confused around. 'Where is she? Did she gave up already~?' Osomatsu smirks in victory and float around, looking for you now. He checks every room until he arrives your bedroom. He opens the door and sees that you still lay in bed. 'She's still sleeping?'

Osomatsu hums and smirks, floating over to your bed. "Y/n-chan~! It's me~! Osomatsu~!" He pulls the blanket harshly away, but hums confused when he sees only pillows laying on the bed. "Wha-" "Got'cha!" Osomatsu flinch when you suddenly jumps from behind onto him. He groans in pain when he falls down onto the floor. "?!" You grab his hair and pull hard at it. "Give me back my laughter! Now!" You yell angry at him. "Ouch! Oi! Let me-?!" You suddenly get up, only to grab him by his collar and to raise your fist.

"?!" Suddenly, Osomatsu's right hand turns into a large demon hand with claws. He grabs your body tightly and lift you up with a sigh. "You know that I can kill you any time, right?" Osomatsu ask and throw you onto your bed. "Oof!" "That really hurt, ya know?" Osomatsu rubs his head with one hand, his demon hand turns back into a more human like. You sit up and jump off your bed. "Give me back my laughter!" "If I lose a bet, I will." Osomatsu smiles carefree, knowing you won't win anyways.

"Okay! I bet you will lose against me in rock-paper-scissors!" You say serious. Osomatsu hums confused with a raised brow. "Again?" You nod your head with determination. Osomatsu hums and sighs with an carefree smile. "You will lose anyways, so why not?"

You both get into position. "Ready? ... Rock! Paper! Scissors!" You both show off what you have. Osomatsu has rock while you paper. He huffs and pulls away. "That was just luck. You still need to win two rounds." You get into position again. "Ready? ... Rock! Paper! Scissors!" Once you show it again, Osomatsu has this time scissors and you rock. He growls a bit and says: "I won't lose." You don't response and get into postion again. "Ready? ... Rock! Paper! Scissors!"

Osomatsu has rock again and you ... paper.

You flinch and groan in pain, hugging your stomach tightly. Osomatsu clicks his tongue pissed, seeing that his mark is leaving your stomach now. You hum once the burning sensation on your stomach stops, but doesn't notice that anything else changed. "I ... I won?" You ask quietly yourself. "Yeah." Osomatsu growls a bit annoyed.

Slowly, you start to notice a trembling smile growing on your lips. "Pfft! Ahahahahaha!" You start to laugh, tears welling up in your eyes. 'I got it back! I got my laughter back!' "Congrats." Osomatsu rolls his eyes and float up in the air again, opening his portal to leave. You hum and look up to him, seeing how upset and ... sad he looks like?

" ... Osomatsu." He stops and glance over to you. His eyes widen when you show him an happy grin on your face. "Now that I can feel happiness again ... why don't you visit me when you're free?" Osomatsu stares at you with his mouth a little bit open. " ... Hmpf! I might lost, but I'll come back anyways. I need to make a deal with you again. It was pretty funny to see a weak human like you suffering~." Osomatsu shows you a sly smirk before he enters the portal and close it again once he is back in hell.

Osomatsu blush a very light red, rubbing his index finger under his nose. 'I were reading her mind, so why did I lost on purpose?'