Ch. 4 - Wow, Smooth.

Monet

"My favourite one of Shakespeare's works," I responded.

"Same for me."

He intrigued me deeply and I'm pretty sure he knew so.

Not only was he smart and had a good way with words, but he was also devilishly handsome. With his sharp jawline and cheekbones, pale supple skin, thin lips, long raven hair, and deep emerald eyes, he definitely was one of the best looking men I've ever met. Yes, I've probably been with more attractive women, but I've not had the best luck with men.

"Hello, Monet?" he said with a hint of annoyance. Oh, he must've been trying to talk to me.

"Uh, yeah sorry I zoned out." Well, more like I was stuck in a fantasy staring at that beautiful face.

He smirked and let out a chuckle. Shit, did he hear me?

"What?"

"Nothing."

"So, uh, were you gonna ask a question or something?"

"No."

"O...kay?"

Loki

I have a known talent of being able to read minds. I choose not to purposely invade one's privacy though, as I see it to be stepping certain boundaries. However, there are certain circumstances I allow myself to enter someone's mind. Monet was in one of them.

As I reached into her mind, I held myself back from stepping further than her current thoughts but oh did it bring me to surprise when I had realised she was thinking of me. Yet I wasn't able to distinguish her specific thoughts, only that they were about me.

As I've seen more than once from several different people, her mind was cluttered with thoughts from different times along with different memories - scattered across and mixed together.

Her current thoughts were much quieter than others, making it difficult to perceive them any further than I already had.

After some time, I gave up on trying to hear what she was thinking of me and decided to pull her out of her frozen state from the outside environment, while still subtly remaining in her thoughts.

A few attempts later, she had come to realisation of the current events and her cheeks involuntarily flushed with embarrassment. Even with a skin tone of warm golden brown, her blushes were still very much noticeable.

"Uh, yeah sorry I zoned out," she explained.

As I was still remaining in her current thoughts, which had strangely and suddenly become more clear, I heard her mind speak, "Well, more like I was stuck in a fantasy staring at that beautiful face."

Why thank you for the compliment Monet.

Shortly after a few more exchanges of words, the conversation seemed to have come to an end and so I removed myself fully from her mind and finally I wished to get my priorities done.

"So Mon-"

"Wait, I just realised. You don't even know why I'm here!"

"Oh. Erm, yes, I don't". Did she just interrupt me?

"Oh fuck, did I just interrupt you?" Hm, we seem to be on the same wave length.

"No it's fine, carry on."

"Wait no I'm sorry I hate people interrupting me so I won't interrupt you."

"Don't wor-"

"No seriously, it's probably the most annoying trait a person can have."

I looked at her funny. She really is a wonder.

"Ugh. I did it again, didn't I?" Monet asked while pulling a frustrated face, aimed at herself.

I chuckled in response, "Yes you did."

"I'm genuinely sorry. Please continue what you were saying."

"No no, you seem to be eager to speak," I try to counter.

"Go, I insist." Quite convincing, she is.

"I was just going to say, well...erm," I was hesitating to confront her. How come? "Oh, I'm so sorry," I continued, "I seem to have lost my train of thought." Excuses. Pathetic! Why was I not able to lure her as I have with all of my mistresses back in Asgard. I moved these frustrating thoughts into the back of my mind and simply decided to have continue onto yet another conversation.

"Oh crap no I'm sorry, Loki. That's completely my fault. Agh fuck my dildo, I shouldn't have kept on interrupting you," she said as her head leaned back and turned upwards, facing the ceiling.

"Truly, it is no worr- excuse me?"

"Oh my God," she growled to herself with a disappointed tone, "That is so weird and rude. I probably shouldn't have said that in front of someone I have just met, huh? Yup, shouldn't have. Look just ignore what I just said. Well, except for the apologising bit."

I gave a light chuckle, "Alright then."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I wanted to remind her of her thoughts from earlier, but I didn't want to seem eager or pushy. I didn't have much care for it.

"Well," she finally said, breaking the silence, "I think I'm just gonna grab a drink and head back to my room."

"Oh- uh, no thank you," I responded while reopening my book and continuing my read.

"Alright, no problem. See you later."

"Au revoir," I replied with a light smirk as she started bursting out laughing.

"You gotta stop doing that man," she said, struggling to breathe from her laughter, "It's hilarious. I mean, you have a really good accent and stuff, but I'm just not used to friends speaking French to me and it's really amusing."

"I'm glad you find it so. Might just give me a reason continue on, darling."

"Woooooooow, smooth."

I looked up, revealing my grin her wide smile. Our eyes met, where I was properly introduced to truly the darkest eyes I had ever seen.

"I take that as a compliment," I say with a sarcastic tone of achievement.

She chuckled once more and said with a thick French accent, "À bientôt, Loki." She began to walk away while shaking her head and I turned back to the play as I heard her mumble, "Maybe this can be our thing," unsure if she meant for me to have heard.

~~

A/N: Hope you liked it. More will be updated later in a few hrs <33