Ch. 34 - Soothing

A/N: Not proofread. 

Monet

The sun shone bright on my face. I groaned in attempt to move away only to be stopped by an arm snaked around my waist. Suddenly, the memories of last night came flowing back. All of the pleasure, both physical and emotional, shivered through my body in remembrance.

I turned my stiff body around to be met with the perfectly sculpted face of a God. My hand came up to it as my thumb stroked his defined cheekbones and his amazingly soft and smooth skin. His face was all pale with the slight tints of pink on his cheeks, freshly shaved stubble, and his beautiful luscious eyelashes being the only other colour on there. The sunlight, however, bounced off of his skin creating extraordinary reflections off of his face.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in while snuggling closer to him and hiding my head in his bare chest as he subconsciously tightened his hold around me.

I closed my eyes and begun drifting to sleep once again, more comfortable this time being engulfed into his body. When I was about to fall back into slumber, I felt a pair of lips against my neck. I realised he must've turned me onto my back without my noticing after I moved closer to him.

I groaned quietly and Loki chuckled a bit, continued to place chaste kisses on my neck.

"Good morning, my love," he greeted between the kisses.

"Mm, good morning, Loki." I opened my eyes and Loki removed his lips from my sore skin, travelling up to see my face and stroking my cheek lightly.

"How was your sleep?"

"Wonderfully deep."

He hummed in response and lowered himself closer to me. Before I could say anything, he swished his hand as that familiar feeling freshened up my mouth. Loki pressed his lips against mine, this kiss being nothing but one of pure comfort and softness. He had refrained from pushing his tongue into mine and continued the warming sensation of his lips dancing with my own.

To my disappointment, he took his lips off of mine but then continued to make his way down my body, leaving soothing kisses where he went and taking the blanket away with him. I shivered at the cool breeze on my naked form, while melting under his lips still floating in the bliss from the other night until I heard a loud gasp. My attention was grabbed and I looked down to see Loki staring at my stomach.

"Gods, what have I done?" he said with terror in his eyes.

"What? What is it?" I asked, a bit frightened by his reaction myself. I raised my head and body up, resting my weight on my forearms while continuing to look down at him.

"I'm so sorry, Monet. I...I had no idea I'd lost control with you," he began rambling in a fearful voice.

"Loki, what are you talking about?" He didn't respond and only ran his fingers across my stomach and my sides. He then put slight pressure on me, causing a sharp gasp to escape my mouth. His hands immediately retracted themselves from my body.

"I should have been more careful, my darling, I never meant to hurt you. I hadn't known a mortal body could be injured so much easier than our own, or else I would never had done this. Are you feeling alright?" Loki glanced back up at me to wait for my response.

"Yes, Loki, I'm fine!" I eased, "What on Earth are you going on about?"

He, again, didn't reply. This time, he scooped my up in his arms and rolled off the bed, walking towards the en suite in a rushed manner. Once we got there, he brought me in front of the sink and immediately turned on the lights, blinding me just a bit. I saw his eyes scatter worryingly around my body in the mirror, resisting the urge to touch me. I followed his eyes and finally realised what he was talking about.