Ch. 15 - Dozing Off

Loki

We started watching The Vampire Diaries at around 10pm, and now the clock had just struck 12. As I looked around, everyone was staring intently at the show and payed close attention, until I brought my eyes to the woman sat next to me. I noticed her slightly dozing off, just like she was during supper.

I placed my hand on her leg and shook Monet lightly, hoping not to attract the attention of others. She shot up in surprise thought everyone was too focused onto the screen to notice. She quietly took in a breath and looked over to me as she noticed my hand on her leg, to let out a hum of questioning.

"You're dozing off," I whispered, answering her unasked question.

"Oh," she whispered back turning towards the screen, "Sorry."

To be fully honest, I had never come across or seen someone showing as much fatigue as Monet at this moment, and still questioned to myself why she was acting this way. I let it slide however, leaving the possibility of asking her tomorrow. Or, well, never. It was none of my concern anyways, I shouldn't care. The only reason I decided to wake her was for her own sake of not missing the show.

Another episode passed and we were on episode seven when I felt a weight drop onto my right shoulder. Snapping my head sideways to look onto my shoulder, I noticed Monet's head resting there. Her eyes were now completely shut and she snuggled into my shoulder.

I tensed as I observed her getting comfortable yet did no sudden movements as to awake her. Yes, I would most likely have preferred for her not to be in such close proximity of me, but she had one of the most peaceful looks I'd ever seen resting on her face that I was genuinely afraid of the guilt I would feel if I were to awaken her. And so, I allowed her to remain there over the next couple of minutes as I myself began to relax once more.

Likely ten minutes passed when I felt Monet shift again and looked over to see her arms wrapping around the arm of my shoulder of which she was leaning on, and tense once more.

I lifted my head to see the Doctor's face turned to us two, attempting to decipher our situation. We made eye contact and he sensed my discomfort. He raised his arm ever so slightly towards Monet yet didn't touch her and look towards me. It seemed like he wished for my confirmation to be able to shift her. I slowly nodded my head in affirmation and he lightly placed his hand on her left cheek and leaned her towards himself. She immediately responded by twisting her entire body towards Dr. Banner, wrapping her arms around his instead of mine and placing her head on his shoulder instead of mine. All while still in deep sleep.

He looked at me and smiled slightly, as he turned back to continue watching the show. He lead his hand back to the widow whom I noticed was shifted into laying her head on his lap instead of her legs, and resumed stroking his hand through her short, red hair.

I kept my eyes on Monet - lost in thought - until I noticed Rogers staring at me with a stern look on his face, so I turned my head back to the television acting oblivious as Rogers' gaze remained on me.

~~

A/N - Again, another short chapter so sorry about that. How do you feel about the 5 chapter updates in a row? I'll hopefully be able to update again tomorrow if my wattpad decides not to act up again. Wish me luck <33