Ch. 37 - Strawberries

Monet

I was sitting at the dinner table. Me and Christine were whispering in each other's ears and pulling at Blaise's leg, who sat at the end of the table. He kept complaining to Mama and Papa but they only laughed along. He groaned out and dropped his head down onto the table next to his plate.

"Calm down, fils, they are only poking at you," Papa soothed.

"They are dragging it out, Dad," he complained.

"Blaise, laisse les filles. They are having fun," Mama joined.

"At my expense!"

Papa leaned over to Mama's ear and whispered, "What does that mean?"

Mama had a small smile spread across her face and whispered her response in his ear. They both chuckled to themselves after and she pecked his cheek. I want what they have.

"Ew, take it to the bedroom," Blaise groaned.

"Blaise, stop being such a cry-baby," Chrissy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, for real," I backed her up. The two of us looked at each other and snorted at our untold joke between each other.

"So, Monet," Mama called out, "how's the work at S.A.B.L.E going?"

"Ugh," I began reluctantly, "all she ever talks about is Chrissy. Or she just ridicules me straight up, that woman has no filter."

"Not a big fan of Madame, huh?" she joked.

I scoffed, "Not in the slightest."

"Anything new with you, Christine?" Papa said.

"Nope. Same old boring adult-y stuff," we all laughed at her comment. Except their laughs slowly began fading. And their figures began blurring.

What the fuck...

"Monet?" Mama tried getting my attention. "Ma chérie, are you alright?"

I tried to respond but my mouth felt sewn shut. I wanted to feel my mouth to make sure it literally wasn't, but couldn't move. I looked down and my hands and they didn't cooperate with what my brain was telling them to do. I could barely think straight.

I tried to call them for help. I looked over and saw Blaise in a blur. He was getting scared, that was all I could tell. I felt myself shaking and noticed Christine with her hands on my shoulder and arm.

At one point, she stopped shaking me but I myself continued shaking. My name was being called louder now, but neither of their mouths were moving. The voice calling me was different. I didn't know of it, but it sounded familiar.

Everything suddenly went black and I opened my eyes with a gasp.

"Finally," I heard next to me. "A heavy sleeper, you are."

Oh. It was all a dream.

"Why'd you wake me up?" I try not to sound disappointed. I was laying with my back on the bed and Loki was sitting half-up, looking down at me with the light of the moon shining in through the curtains.

"Your stomach was grumbling, darling."

I rolled my eyes playfully and chuckled. "Seriously? That's why you woke me up? Man, you could've waited until the morning."

"Nonsense. Why leave you hungry unnecessarily? And don't call me man." He held my hand and pulled me up to sit. "Now come on, let us go feed you."

Loki got up from the bed and before I could even make an attempt to follow him, he pulled me to the edge of the bed and then lifted me up into his arms.