Developments

Peter flinched in his sleep.

Nightmares consumed his sleep after the attack. He found himself in a dark void. He stood there holding himself tearing up. He took a step forward and saw his uncle get shot.

"No.. NO!" He rushed towards the images but they faded away. Panic rushed through him as he turned and saw Tony dying in front of him.

"M-mister Stark..." he stumbled back. He gripped his head and screamed as he saw him disappear. He felt that if he was stronger neither his uncle or Tony would not have passed away.

He cried out when suddenly he started to wake up. He saw the door open. He was shaking and crying as he shoved himself against the head of his bed.

Sam and Bucky walked in. Bucky recognized this right away. Sam ran over to him and hugged him tight. Peter held onto him and cried. Despite being a super hero, the kid was 15 years old, he needed that feeling of safety.

Bucky watched slightly. "I... I'll got make some tea."

Peter started to calm down, but his grip on Sam was still strong. "Peter... whats wrong? What happened man?"

Peter sniffed as he stayed in the spot he was in. "I-I saw my Uncle Ben die... and Mr. Stark die in my nightmares. I just couldn't take it." Sam nodded and sighed. "I understand..."

Peter teared up more at that fact that Sam understood where he was coming from but he just stayed quiet.

After a few minutes of crying, Peter fell asleep next to Sam. Sam didn't move, he just started to research how to help teenagers with anxiety. That was his only concern right now.

Bucky walked in with one cup of tea, assuming the kid was asleep, which he was. "Takes 30 minutes to make tea?" Sam said with a tired chuckle.

"It does when you don't know where anything is in the house." He handed him the cup, which Sam took carefully. He blew on it carefully to cool it down.

Bucky sat on the ground by the bed. "Mysterio is hunting for this kid. He said he wants revenge on all the people he "injured.". He's going to be a problem."

"I know... but right now, we need to focus on a kid who needs a safe and secure place for a little while." Bucky nodded.

"Alright. Well, I'll be heading back up to New York tomorrow. I got a flight." He said as he stood. Sam glance at the clock and noticed it was 3 am.

"Man, just stay... we have plenty of room and plus, my sister and the kids love you." Bucky looked at him. "I don't want to intrude."

Bucky wanted to stay, but he was afraid of himself being around this family. They were all in one piece compared to him. He was afraid of hurting one of them mainly.

"Buck... you're basically family here. Just stay." He said before he yawned slightly. Bucky just tossed him a blanket.

"Alright... see yah tomorrow morning." He waved softly and went over to his room. His little set up with a blanket and pillow on the ground basically called him over. He laid down and closed his eyes. He thought about how welcoming Sam was.

He just sighed and went to sleep.

He only slept for about 3 hours until he shot up from his nightmare. He held his head and sighed to himself. Oh how the nightmares ruined everything. Never getting sleep and the paranoia growing stronger and stronger.

The sound of a beeping alarm echoed through his room. He closed his eyes and sighed as he sat up. Annoyance filling his mood as he knew he was gonna face another day.