Illusion

Sam sat there as he looked at Bucky. He felt his heart race a little but it was interrupted by his phone vibrating. He snapped out of his little daze and answered it. "Hello?"

"You're needed in New York now. Mysterio just attacked a Stark Industries Building and stole something." Sam got up and walked inside. He made his way to his room. "On my way, please send a quinjet for White Wolf and Spider-Man if possible."

"Understood, Captain." 

Sam walked into his room and pulled his gear on quickly. He put his shield on his back as he heard a knock on the door.

He knew who it was already. He walked over and opened it and saw Sarah. A worried look was on her face. He sighed.

"I'll be okay, Sarah..." he said.

"I know you say that, but I don't believe you. You can't control an illness..." she truly was worried. Sam hugged her and kissed her head. "I'll be alright. Don't worry."

She hugged him tight and sighed. "Fine..." she pulled away and looked at him. "Please tell me you're taking Bucky and Peter with you."

"Yes, I am. Don't worry. If anyone asks you while I'm gone if Peter is here, tell them he's sleeping." She nodded and sighed again.

"Be careful."

"I will, don't worry. Give this to Bucky and Peter for me." He smiled and walked out he other door and turned his intercom on.

He walked a few feet from the house when he saw Bucky running over to him already. He stopped and looked at him. "What's up?"

"Where are you going?" Bucky said stopping in front of him. "I'm heading to NY. A quinjet will be here to pick you up in about 10 minutes." Bucky nodded as he placed the intercom given to him in his ear.

"Keep your intercom on the entire time you're flying. Okay?" Sam nodded. "I will, don't worry." Again... that look that Bucky wanted to say something was on his face again. But Bucky just smiled faintly and sighed. "Meet you there, Cap."

Sam nodded and pulled his goggles down as he took off. He took a deep breath as he watched the clouds go past him as he flew. "White Wolf come in." He said testing the intercoms.

"White Wolf here, you're all good Captain." Sam smiled as he increased his speed. "Good, see you soon."

After a few hours of flying, Sam landed at the Stark lab and walked in. He deployed Redwing to scan the building.

- one person in the building
- identification: Quentin beck AKA Mysterio

Sam turned his intercom. "Spider- Man, do you copy?"

"Copy. These intercoms are cool Cap." He said on the other line. Sam chuckled faintly. "Glad you think so... can you tell me about Mysterio."

"Oh! Yeah! Um... so he sucks. And he's really mean. He uses illusions so well to the point you can't tell what is really there. He can also get you backed into a corner to the point where you can get hit by a train."

"Which I assume happened to you?" Sam said with worry. "Y-yeah... it sucked."

Sam was now determined to make sure this guy doesn't touch the kid. He pulled out his shield and continued down when he saw Quentin looking at a hologram screen.

He carefully made his way. He pressed his intercom. "Redwing, disable power..." Quentin turned with a smirk. "Don't try, Captain. Redwing has been disabled and destroyed. Let's chat."

"Wolf? Spider-Man?" He frowned. Quentin hacked into his intercoms and disabled them. Sam kept his shield in front of him. "What do you want..."

Quentin made a screen bigger. "I need Spider-Man... or Peter Parker. Don't try and lie to me. I know who he is."