Worry

Peter sat in the shared room with Bucky and Sam. He glanced at Bucky and Sam and the lowered his head.

"So... are you two my parents now or is Romanoff?" Sam looked at the boy surprised.

"Parents?"

"Yeah... I'm underaged, I'm a minor and I still need a legal guardian." Peter said as he fiddled with his jacket zipper.

"Um, we will have to think about that. Including Natasha." Peter nodded. He knew they would need to talk about it, and he sprung the question on them.

As he was about to say something else their door opened Natasha was wheeled in my Carol and Maria. Instantly, Peters eyes lit up when he saw the redhead get wheeled in. She looked at him and smiled.

"Get over here little spider." Peter ran over and hugged her carefully. She held him and teared up faintly. "I'm so glad you're okay..." Peter said tearing up as well.

"I told you I was gonna be alright... you don't have to worry about me." She said as she pulled from the hug and simply looked at him. She messed up his hair.

"You did awesome on the mission last night. I was very VERY impressed with your skill and how collected you were. You were acting like a Romanoff." She said with a chuckle. Peter smiled and nodded at that.

"Thank you. I've learned from the best spider." He said with a chuckle.

"Hell yeah you did." She said with a smirk. Carol and Maria looked at each other, noticing the connection she had with this kid. It was rare. She was not the best at making connections, let alone children...

They backed up and watched her interact with this boy. Natasha smiled and was genuinely interested in what was going on in his life.

They noticed one more thing.

She was being a mother. She was being a mother to this boy, who based one what they heard, really needed one. Maria smiled softly at seeing Natashas maternal instincts kick in.

It was nice seeing the red head, smile. She usually had a no nonsense, bad ass, serious sarcastic attitude. But, it all shifted towards a loving, caring, gentle nature that everyone was amazed to see. Even Natasha was shocked she was about to be like this.

"So, Peter, can I talk to you, by the window?" Peter raised a brow and nodded. He gently wheeled her over to the window and sat right besides her wheelchair. She looked out and tapped on her armrest. "How... how are you feeling about Aunt May?"

"Um... well. I'm feeling upset about it, but it's death. It's nothing new to me. It hurt the most when my parents died years ago but like everything... when it happens over and over again, you tend to get used to it." He said as he looked at her with a sad smile.

She hated that.

Oh how natasha hated that.

A kid who had become so accustomed to death all he can do is smile in pain at the face of it. She reached over and held his hand.

"I won't let you lose anyone else. Okay? I'll always be right here. Even if I go away on a mission, I will come back to you. That is a guarantee." Natasha said as she gave him a look of encouragement. The boy smiled softly and nodded. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

She turned slightly as she saw Maria walk over to the two. "And Peter, you have friends right here, okay? Carol, me, Fury, we can help you whenever. We're here for you okay?" Maria said with a tired smile.

He smiled and hugged her too. He then turned and looked at Sam. "Dad! We need a movie night again!" Peter said excitedly.

Sam chuckled as the room went silent when Peter called him dad. "Got it. Go pick a movie and go pick out snacks." Peter nodded and carefully pushed Natasha in her wheelchair over to a little shelf with movies, all the while dragging Maria along with him.

Carol walked over to Sam and sat by him. "You okay Sam? I heard your cancer isn't doing well.."  she said quietly. He nodded.

"Yeah... it's relapsing. At this point I may end up in the hospital, but I can't afford to go to the hospital cause literally the world doesn't know I'm sick..." he said. He had been hiding this for the past one to two years so his enemies don't come after him, thinking he is vulnerable.

"They're going to find out eventually...." she said. Sam nodded in understanding. "Oh I know..." Carol sighed and looked at Bucky.

He shrugged. No one had a clue on what to do honestly. Carol sighed at that. "Well, don't worry. I'm
Sure things will be okay. Have you found a stem cell transplant?"

"We're trying to see if my sister is able to, but if she can't. It could take a long time to figure out who else could be a match." Sam said. He leaned his head back. Everyone noticed the significant weakness that he had now.

Bucky looked at his flesh arm and had a thought. He got up and walked out of the room, taking his phone with him.

Sam glanced at him as he left. Bucky looked at as he walked out. He smiled softly and dialed a number.

Sam smiled softly to himself sighed. Carol snickered. "You're really in love with him aren't you..."

Sam thought of when they kissed in the rain. "Yeah, I am pretty in love with the guy..." he said with a soft smile. He closed his eyes and rested a bit.

Carol smiled sadly and adjusted his blanket and nodded. "I know."

Natasha and Maria glanced over at Sam as he rested. The tension of worry filled the air. It was frightening.

Natasha just turned her attention over to Peter who was talking about movies.

Everyone was worried. About what was coming next, and what was going to possibly happen.

AN: I am so sorry HOW LATE THIS IS. IM IN A STUPID MATH CLASS THAY SUCKS. IM SORRYYY I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE