Details

Bucky was in his room tying his hair up. He was not doing well. Mysterio had gotten deep into his head and it wasn't going well for him.

He held his head and closed his eyes. Mysterio had learned about his past in Hydra, his past as a Howling Commando... and then when he was in Wakanda. He made all of it feel like a vivid nightmare all over again.

He snapped out of his daze as someone knocked on his door. He sat up. "Come in..." Sam walked in.

"Hey man..." he had a first aid kit in hand. Bucky smiled tiredly. "I can take care of it." He said as he got up. He walked over to Sam.

"I know you can take care of it, which usually means you're not going to take care of yourself which is why I'm going to stand here until you sit down and let me take care of you." Sam said. Bucky raised a brow and rolled his eyes as he sat down.

"As you wish." He said. Sam walked over with a faint smiled and opened the first aid. He looked at the bruise on buckys face and cleaned it carefully. Bucky flinched slightly but relaxed a bit.

"So... how'd you get this bruise on your face?" Sam said as he adjusted his head carefully.

"In the parking lot I got pistol whipped basically. They  wanted to knock me out." Sam nodded as he placed a bandage.

He lowered his hands and looked at him. "You're hiding something." Sam said. Bucky glanced at him and chuckled tiredly. "How do you know..."

"Cause I know you Bucky. I've always been able to tell when you're hiding something . Even.. even when Steve was here and couldn't tell, I was able to tell."

Bucky leaned his head on Sam and sighed. "How is it you know me better than Steve... I was around him longer, and yet, he never noticed the small things... or the obvious things.." Sam smiled slightly but leaned his head against his.

"I don't go through the motions with making connections. I make sure to notice the little things... the small little details so that whoever I talk to, I know who they are. Especially you. I want to notice all your little quirks and details."

Bucky raised a brow. "Details?"

Sam rubbed his neck slightly. "Um... well. You relax a lot when you're around people you care about. You don't like planes, or trains which I noticed. You hate the cold, and snow." Bucky was surprised.

He sat up and looked at him with a slight smile. "You noticed all that?"

Sam smiled softly and nodded. "Of course...  oh and you like tea over coffee. And you like rainy days." Sam said with a proud smile on his face. Bucky nodded slightly as he got up.

He went over to the window and opened it slightly to listen to the rain. "I noticed some things about you..." Bucky said as he stood looking out the window. Sam sat against the wall looking at him.

"I noticed when you get protective with people, you tend to very physical and make sure they stay close to you... you also are affectionate to everyone  in your own way. You're really bad at showing your emotions cause you're more worried about everyone... you're also.." he had his back turned to Sam, but he couldn't hide the fact that his ears turned red when he got flustered, and Sam didn't dare mention this.

"You're very loving... kind, and special. You light up my- Everyones world when you walk into a room." Bucky said. Sam watched him. He got up and walked over to him.

"You're all those things too, Buck." Sam stood next to him looking at him. Bucky chuckled and shook his head. "My past says otherwise." He looked at Sam with a defeated smile.

"Worry about now, Bucky..." Sam said. He gave him a side hug and started to walk out. "I'll be sleeping next door tonight. If you need anything just come get me." Sam smiled softly and walked out.

Bucky looked out the window and just pulled his hoodie over his head and pulled his hood hiding his face.

He was flustered.

Everyone went down to dinner except Bucky, who was apparently asleep already. Sam didn't believe it but he just sat downstairs enjoying the meal with Peter and Dr. Raynor.

Peter was laughing about a joke that Dr. Raynor was saying. Sam was zoning out slightly as he ate his food.

He glanced at the stairs, wondering if Bucky was okay.

"Sam... Sam!" A voice said. Sam snapped back to reality and looked at Dr. Raynor. "You okay?" She asked.

Sam chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, just zoning out. By the way, joke wasn't funny." He said changing the subject.

Peter looked at him in shock. "It wasn't!? Yes it was!" The boy protested. Sam shrugged with a smug smile on his face.

"Trust me, it wasn't." He said as he got up and collected the plates. Peter continued to bicker as he helped him get the dishes.

Sam got the dishes into the dishwasher and told Peter to go get ready for bed. The moment the kid left Sam winced and gripped his side.

Dr. Raynor helped him over to the couch and sighed softly. "I'm glad you're being forced to rest." She said as she handed him a blanket.

"Yeah yeah..." he said as he watched the rain fall outside. She did the same as she stood there. "Do, do you think Mysterio really messed up Bucky while he was down there?"

Dr. Raynor crossed her arms. "I believe so... he's been off the entire time. He's been more reserved. Don't tell him I saw this happen but he was in the bathroom washing his face with the door open, he saw his reflection and then panicked." She said with worry.

Sam frowned. "What even happened in there..."