Progress

Sam woke up slowly, feeling a heavy weight on him. He looked back and saw Bucky holding onto him as he slept.

The heaviness was Buckys vibranium arm resting on his side. Sam carefully lifted his arm up and got out of the bed. Bucky needed rest, probably more than anyone in this house.

He walked out stretching, and was quickly greeted by the knowing gazes of the Black Widow and the smaller Spider. Sam looked at them.

"Morning...?"

Natasha and Peter looked at each other. "He's being oblivious." Natasha said.

"Yes, very oblivious." Peter said as he sipped his cup of tea. Sam rolled his eyes as he went to his room to get changed.

He closed the door and winced. He held is side but realized he forgot to take his meds. He went over to his side table and took them real quick.

Quickly he got changed and walked out. "What did you guys make for breakfast?" Natasha was sitting on the counter. "Pancakes and cut up some fruit." She said as she sipped her coffee.

"Nice." She looked at his calendar. "So... things have been quite silent as of late. Ever since you and Peter were cleared as criminals last year you guys have been having little to no work."

"Yeah, I see that as a good thing. But I always have that little feeling that something bad is always going to happen... so that I'm not surprised." Sam said as he made coffee.

"Good... I'm going to warn you... you might be on hydras radar cause you some how tamed the beast in there." Natasha said as she placed her cup next to her.

"And so are you since you rescued and found him. Speaking of which, aren't we supposed to take him into SHIELD for interrogation?" Sam said. He didn't want to take him in, but it had to be done for security reasons.

"Yes, let me suited up no we can go." She jumped off the counter.

"Tiny spider!"'she said. Peter jumped up from the couch. "Yes ma'am?" He said.

"Get suited up. We're going to go see SHIELD." She turned and looked at Sam. "I'll call Fury."

Sam nodded. He went to his closet and pulled out his Captain America uniform. He went into the bathroom and got changed as quickly as possible. He walked out and went into Buckys room quietly.

Bucky was still asleep. That was a relief. He walked over and sat on the edge carefully. He shook Bucky slightly. "Buck... wake up."

Bucky flinched and jumped slightly when he saw Sam. "Hey... you're alright." Sam said. Bucky nodded and held his head tiredly. He glanced at Sam, looking him up and down.

"You keeping the suit?" Bucky asked with a tired smirk.

"Of course I am. This was made in Wakanda..." Sam punched his shoulder playfully. Bucky rolled his eyes. Sam carefully pulled Buckys chin towards him and pulled him into a kiss.

Bucky blushed faintly. He broke the kiss. "You know... I remember you kissing me like this before everything went to shit."

"Ah good... you're memory is perfectly fine." Sam said teasing him. Bucky chuckled. "Yeah... maybe it is."

Sam smiled softly. "Well get ready to go, we have to go see SHIELD." He said as he got up. Bucky frowned as he stood.

"What are they gonna do... lock me up?" Bucky said with worry in his voice. Sam looked at him surprised by that. "They shouldn't..." Bucky shrugged.

"They might." He said as he changed his shirt. Sam frowned as he walked over to him. "If they do anything, just know that it will not be permanent okay. And if they pull anything, they will be hearing from me. Okay?"

Bucky just nodded. "Alright."

Soon everyone was ready, and they made their way to SHIELD headquarters. When their jet landed, there was a group of soldiers and a man in a wheelchair, which was Fury, obviously glaring right at them. There was an older woman next to him but Sam couldn't tell who it was yet.

"So, I send you on a mission to retrieve him and to instead let him spend the night over at Wilson's house?" Fury said as Natasha walked over. He was obviously on painkillers so he didn't have too much bite behind his bark.

"I did what was best for Barnes. He had a panic attack in a door with civilians, and the police started harass him, I couldn't just bring him to SHIELD in his state." Natasha said as she stood next to Sam.

Bucky stood behind the group with Peter. Peter looked at him. "You have panic attacks?" The boy asked him. Staring at the older man through his mask.

"Uh... yeah. Usually in public for when I'm overwhelmed." Bucky said quietly. Peter patted his back. "Me too... Natasha and Sam have helped me get through them, they still happen but... usually when I'm scared or like you said, when I'm overwhelmed." Peter said.

Bucky was a bit surprised by that. "Wow... I'm surprised."

Peter chuckled. "Most people are."

Bucky looked around at the people. He looked at the woman next to Fury. His eyes widened. "Doctor..."

Doctor Raynor walked over and smiled softly. "Welcome back, Bucky..." she said. Bucky looked at her surprised by her calling him Bucky.

"You remembered?" He said. She smiled and chuckled. "Of course I did..." she chuckled. "Do you... mind if we go inside and talk? That's all we're going to do today."

Bucky nodded. "It's weird having a choice." He chuckled sadly.

She motioned him to follow her. "It's alright... just know you have a choice about everything now, okay?"

Bucky felt a wave of relief come over him. That feel of freedom he was yearning for in that cursed cell. He followed behind her, lowering his head to hide his tears of joy.

Doctor Raynor noticed and smiled softly as she walked ahead of him to their room. She opened the door, "ready?"

He nodded.

"Yeah."